Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 21,856 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
September 27, 2023, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Hurst signed Hunt, not just once, but twice (on loan, and then permanently on a long-term deal). Do you really think Hurst didn't see something in Hunt?

He's worked with him for over a year and a half. Every single day in training. He's given him countless opportunities. He knows every mistake and also every conversation that has been had with Hunt in terms of what he needs to improve. The question Hurst asks himself is will Hunt take on that information to become the player that he needs to become. Right now, it's not looking great. Hurst started the season with him, and again he's out of the team. He's seeing something he's not happy with and he's looking for a response from Hunt. Perhaps being in the team, he feels its too risky to and the more he gets exposed, the more he loses his confidence, so he's took him out to work on something. We do not know, however, we do know that Holahan has yet again forced his way back into the team. Maybe he doesn't always set the world alight, but he seems to have the right sort of mentality, and players need to see that and try to emulate that.

I want Hunt to force Holahan out of the team, and realise that potential, but he needs to take that chance. He cannot be given it. Morris didn't get kept on and constantly pushed into the first 11, why should he?

How is he going to get game time? It would seem Ainley and Andrews (neither look signings to get excited about) are now above him in the pecking order which seems an extraordinary fall from grace as he was first choice in pre season and the first two games.
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 258
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 27, 2023, 9:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Not sure when Hunt has had countless opportunities but why let the truth spoil your narrative.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 258
AncientExiledMariner
September 27, 2023, 9:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from MuddyWaters

How is he going to get game time? It would seem Ainley and Andrews (neither look signings to get excited about) are now above him in the pecking order which seems an extraordinary fall from grace as he was first choice in pre season and the first two games.

By performing in training, obviously. Do you think Hurst wants his own player or a loanee to succeed? He clearly sees them as ahead in training.

Hurst gets excrement for not signing replacements for injuries, and now he's blamed for signing them?

No one's place in the squad is guaranteed, and people need to fight for their place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 258
Bigdog
September 27, 2023, 9:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Reading this thread.. I have to say it makes me ashamed to be a Town fan. This pile on of Alex Hunt is shameful. If I were him and read this thread, I wouldn't want to put a GTFC shirt on ever again.

Some of you should have a word with yourselves..

FWIW, I think he's a decent player and has been underused this season..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 258
AncientExiledMariner
September 27, 2023, 9:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Bigdog
Reading this thread.. I have to say it makes me ashamed to be a Town fan. This pile on of Alex Hunt is shameful. If I were him and read this thread, I wouldn't want to put a GTFC shirt on ever again.

It isn't a pile on. Hurst haters are jumping on it saying he should play and Hurst is flipping up by not playing him. The response is simply that Hurst sees him in training and may be justified in his decision.

It isn't a pile on to say a manager probably has their reasons. Everyone wants Hunt to succeed, but not everyone believes he's ready to be a guaranteed starter yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 258
MuddyWaters
September 27, 2023, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Bigdog

100%. He seems to be the only player not allowed to underperform.
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 258
DB
September 27, 2023, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from MuddyWaters

100%. He seems to be the only player not allowed to underperform.

I think the problem with Hunt is that when he was with us on loan we saw what he can and set his standard. This is what he has to Live up to. Ok not all the time but most of the time, everybody has an off day.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 258
toontown
September 27, 2023, 10:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
It hardly seems like a pile on when numerous posters are posting saying he should be in the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 258
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 27, 2023, 10:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from toontown
It hardly seems like a pile on when numerous posters are posting saying he should be in the team.

Hunt’s probably got a pile on sitting on that hard, damp subs bench every week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 258
September 27, 2023, 10:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from toontown

Regardless of how many fans say he should be in the team, PH is the manager, and obviously he is not happy with what he is seeing every day in training.  I think he is more qualified to be the judge of who should play in his team, rather than unqualified fans.

Reply: 189 - 258
26 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.