Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Fans Returning/Cases Rising

This thread currently has 22,814 views. Print
20 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
September 8, 2020, 7:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,989
Gold Stars: 507
Whats everyones thoughts? Cases on the rise, do you think the Gov might postpone the supposed start date
Logged Offline
Private Message
Meza
September 8, 2020, 8:18am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,633
Gold Stars: 50
Case on the rise.  How many people do you think have covid but not showing symptoms.  I reckon a large population, so when people get tested it's classed as rises.  How many people are now dying of Covid you don't seem to hear much about the deaths anymore just rises.  I could have covid and quarantining isn't going to help until a vaccine is done.  It would mean staying indoors permanently until the vaccine but we can't live like that just need to be sensible.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 193
mariner tommy
September 8, 2020, 8:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Hagrid
Whats everyones thoughts? Cases on the rise, do you think the Gov might postpone the supposed start date

I would say that’ll depend on the outcome of the trials at the Abbey Stadium.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 193
pen penfras
September 8, 2020, 8:29am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Meza
Case on the rise.  How many people do you think have covid but not showing symptoms.  I reckon a large population, so when people get tested it's classed as rises.  How many people are now dying of Covid you don't seem to hear much about the deaths anymore just rises.  I could have covid and quarantining isn't going to help until a vaccine is done.  It would mean staying indoors permanently until the vaccine but we can't live like that just need to be sensible.

You surely understand that cases rise before deaths? So obviously a rise in cases will very likely lead to a rise in deaths in a months time, and they grow exponentially if something doesn't keep them in check.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 193
Rick12
September 8, 2020, 8:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Sad to see cases are on the rise.Thought we may have been past the worst.Hopefully this is a blip as I want fans to return to the boxing and football as soon as possible. .Interesting to note though that in national geographic magazine last months issue viruses have always killed humans and new ones will most likely appear once Covid is controlled.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 193
lew chaterleys lover
September 8, 2020, 8:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Hagrid

No doubt they will but how does that square with kids back to school, people back in pubs and people being encouraged back to work?

Whilst typing one person on breakfast news says young people should be careful in case they give the virus to granny, the next guest contradicts that by saying young people aren't badly affected and should remain at school. So which one is it, kids carry the virus and potentially give it to granny or kids are unaffected?

It just said on the news that 800 people are hospitalized in the UK with the virus. A good guess would be that the vast majority of those are very elderly and some/most would be in and out of hospital with serious illnesses. The number of deaths is virtually nil, those that do succumb are invariably very poorly anyway.

800 hospital cases out of a population of nearly 70 million seems a reasonable risk to me to go to an outdoor sports event but they seem to want to keep scaring us to death.

If cases rocket and people start getting seriously ill from the virus then we would have to act but until then we should be able to go about our daily lives whilst using reasonable safeguards.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 193
denni266
September 8, 2020, 9:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
I think we are just going to have to live with it for now. The country cannot survive without people working and earning money, The world banks wont keep lending countrys money there has to be a limit .Football is going to be different along with many things , but sooner or later fans have to be allowed to go back or pro football will end without cash flow.
I cant see this season finishing tbh unless fans are allowed back in , too many clubs will fold and it will the end of an era for many sports  never mind industry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 193
carrot top
September 8, 2020, 9:07am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from pen penfras

You surely understand that cases rise before deaths? So obviously a rise in cases will very likely lead to a rise in deaths in a months time, and they grow exponentially if something doesn't keep them in check.

yet another buzzword on the street to instill fear. Our National Game along with many other businesses dying and the figures still are not has bad as a flu season. If you test positive and still feel well what does it tell you. Protect the vulnerable and let everyone else get on with their lives

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 193
jamesgtfc
September 8, 2020, 9:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from pen penfras

I can't find the post but I saw a graphic yesterday that showed cases across Europe have been growing considerably over the last month but deaths are still very flat and near zero.

More people are getting tested now so you would expect higher numbers when you consider 99% of people with the virus are perfectly fine. Previously only hospital admissions were tested and then it extended to key workers. Now anyone can get a test. A very low percentage of tests are coming back as positive though which correlates with it being cold and flu season.

On that subject, my son has been back at school since last Thursday and half his class have a cold already!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 193
pen penfras
September 8, 2020, 9:18am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from carrot top

yet another buzzword on the street to instill fear. Our National Game along with many other businesses dying and the figures still are not has bad as a flu season. If you test positive and still feel well what does it tell you. Protect the vulnerable and let everyone else get on with their lives

I completely agree with that part. But the virus does spread exponentially, if it didn't then there would never have been a problem. It has 100% been worse than flu season, deaths this year are double a bad flu season and that's with locking down the country for 5 months. A vaccine changes everything, as it has with the flu, but we don't have one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 193
20 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.