September 14, 2020, 10:24am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,752
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Hagrid
Not sure why this has been moved. My post was about fans returning. Football related

Cos the moderation on this forum is completely facile. As soon as a thread veers onto a topic which combines football and politics (such as this), they have a massive meltdown about it and punt the discussion over to the lesser read subforum. It's pathetic, especially considering we're still in the dark over the arrangements for fans returning to blundell park. Just because the decision on fans returning is a political (or "non-football") one, it's still a massively important discussion worthy of the main football forum.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 193
barralad
September 14, 2020, 10:37pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,263
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Chrisblor

Cos the moderation on this forum is completely facile. As soon as a thread veers onto a topic which combines football and politics (such as this), they have a massive meltdown about it and punt the discussion over to the lesser read subforum. It's pathetic, especially considering we're still in the dark over the arrangements for fans returning to blundell park. Just because the decision on fans returning is a political (or "non-football") one, it's still a massively important discussion worthy of the main football forum.

I'm loathe to criticise the administration who do a grand job of managing this board in sometimes trying circumstances but find myself in total agreement with you here. It's hard to imagine a more important/relevant football related subject at the moment.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 193
aldi_01
September 16, 2020, 6:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think we understand the political implications surrounding the decision to allow football fans to return to stadiums but in truth it is a a football decisions.

Whilst political opinion can sway the thinking of some, football, especially at the level in which GTFC fond themselves is very much reliant on fans, therefore I believe it is a pertinent discussion about football.

One could argue that discussions surrounding the ineptitude of our board are somewhat political...will they be moved on the future?

I understand that some folk on here have clearly shown their true colours so to speak and are happy to follow or support political ideologies that should be reserved only for the bin but nevertheless, the political discussion in this thread links wholeheartedly to the main topic, football.

Moving this discussion only seeks to minimise the potential conflicting political opinions and bury it within, as said, a lesser visited part of the fishy...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 193
Sandford1981
September 16, 2020, 7:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
I don’t disagree that this started as football related and even partially agree with those points that reason it should remain so. However, the ‘feel’ of the thread to me  suggests it’s morphed into something different entirely. This is a common occurrence with threads on forums and you could argue it’s the ‘nature of the beast’.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, it’s not like it’s been deleted or the right to debate removed (it’s simply been moved) if people are that passionate about the subject, the fact it’s moved a couple of clicks away (A modern day problem if ever there is one) won’t matter one iota.

Personally speaking if the relocation acts as a filter I’m not too unhappy about it considering some of the posts on there.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 193
20 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.