Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Fans Returning/Cases Rising

This thread currently has 23,154 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
September 8, 2020, 9:32am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from carrot top

yet another buzzword on the street to instill fear. Our National Game along with many other businesses dying and the figures still are not has bad as a flu season. If you test positive and still feel well what does it tell you. Protect the vulnerable and let everyone else get on with their lives

I've said this before and I'll probably say it again but there is no virus, it's a flu bug and yes people are dying.
Look at the figures from Jan/Feb/March 2018 and no one batted an eyelid at 150,000 in three months.
Thing is we're used to being controlled, it happens every week at football where fans are corralled, herded around, told to do this, do that, walk there, don't walk there etc, etc, etc.
Then at the end of the day the police turn around and say.. yes we did order them about but as you can see, there was no trouble so it was for the best.

My mother is 89 and in a care home, we've not been able to visit since March.
Since April 7th she's had 16 falls, 11 hospital admissions, a broken upper arm, broken shoulder, smashed face and split head.
Humberside police, Bupa head office, the council safeguarding team and social services all involved.
Her doctor told me that because they don't enter care homes and do everything by telephone if my mother dies it will be recorded as a covid death.

The landlord of the pub up the road collapsed with a heart attack, took to hospital and died a couple of days later without regaining consciousness. While on a ventilation system he was tested as they do with all hospital admissions and guess what?
He died of covid.
His widow is battling this by all accounts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 193
carrot top
September 8, 2020, 9:56am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from pen penfras

I completely agree with that part. But the virus does spread exponentially, if it didn't then there would never have been a problem. It has 100% been worse than flu season, deaths this year are double a bad flu season and that's with locking down the country for 5 months. A vaccine changes everything, as it has with the flu, but we don't have one.

That is not true I’m afraid. 50000 ish deaths from flu 2015 (44000 excess deaths) and 69000 deaths 1969 or 67 can’t quite remember. No lockdowns and no mention either. There are plenty of research sites out there other MSM

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 193
TownSNAFU5
September 8, 2020, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,874
Gold Stars: 42
There has been a large reduction in hospital admissions for Covid.  Increased knowledge and better treatments have then reduced the number of deaths.  Eg, that drug with the long name and clinical decisions taken to delay putting serIously ill patients on mechanical ventilators.

Younger people can generally manage the risks from Covid.  Elderly people are likely to die of something (which is often seasonal flu, as mentioned above).  

Life has to go as best it can with sensible management of the risks.  Otherwise, there will be a bigger, long term disaster.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 193
pen penfras
September 8, 2020, 12:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from carrot top

That is not true I’m afraid. 50000 ish deaths from flu 2015 (44000 excess deaths) and 69000 deaths 1969 or 67 can’t quite remember. No lockdowns and no mention either. There are plenty of research sites out there other MSM

So there were fewer excess deaths in 2015 without shutting down the whole damn country for half of the year. Sounds exactly the same.

Mass flu vaccinations weren't around in the 60's, so slightly more deaths without having shut the country down for half a year (and this year isn't over yet anyway).

Come on, I'm as much in favour of getting back to normal life as anybody. But it doesn't change the fact that this disease IS worse than flu, certainly until a vaccine is found.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 193
grimsby pete
September 8, 2020, 12:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
They say the young mostly shrug it off and most don't even know they have the covid.

So why don't they just isolate the vulnerable and let everybody else carry on as normal.

I don't want to isolate again but if that helps the country get back on its feet I would gladly do it.

As long as I can watch the footy on the telly.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 193
LH
September 8, 2020, 12:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,496
Gold Stars: 173
We’d be back a lot sooner if the selfish/thick in our society followed basic guidelines, rules and laws.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 193
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 8, 2020, 12:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from LH
We’d be back a lot sooner if the selfish/thick in our society followed basic guidelines, rules and laws.

Much as I would like to believe this, I very much doubt it. When this business is the subject of historical research long after I have left the mortal coil,  my bet is that, over the long run, countries with heavy rules will have fared no better in fatalities than those without.

Unfortunately I won’t be around to collect on the bet.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 193
Theimperialcoroner
September 8, 2020, 12:51pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,177
Gold Stars: 102
Out of interest, has anyone on here had Covid or know anyone that has? If so what was their experience? I hear loads of it’s just like the flu, but only from people who have not been close to it.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 193
lew chaterleys lover
September 8, 2020, 1:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Out of interest, has anyone on here had Covid or know anyone that has? If so what was their experience? I hear loads of it’s just like the flu, but only from people who have not been close to it.

Four neighbours of mine have had it. I live in a rural area so they are distanced neighbours.

All 4 are well into their seventies with various health problems but all have come through unscathed but two were hospitalized but one had only cold like symptoms.

We are all different and I guess we will all react differently if we caught the virus which is the unpredictable part, but you can see across the country there are very few hospital admissions and deaths, though very sad, are very few indeed.

The virus may mutate, it may not. It may grow stronger or may weaken but however you view it it is not sensible based on current hospital admissions or deaths to ruin the economy or our way of life.

They say the infection rate is rising, yet serious illness is falling which seems at odds if this is the killer virus we were led to believe.

I think the unintended consequences of lockdown will be more deadly than the virus itself but going by the rhetoric of the experts this morning I think we can brace ourselves for more lockdown measures. It would be nice if some pertinent questions were asked of experts as to how deaths are virtually nil yet we still can't go about our normal lives and how long do they expect people to comply until a vaccine is found.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 193
Chrisblor
September 8, 2020, 1:21pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,772
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Anyone parroting the 'it's just like the flu' line hasn't got a clue what they're on about. Here's an article from today on the long term effects experienced by a number of individuals, including young people, infected by the virus - https://www.newstatesman.com/p.....vid-19-last-patients

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 193
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.