Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Fans Returning/Cases Rising

This thread currently has 23,149 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
September 10, 2020, 9:59am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,032
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from denni266
Tinkering around the edges wont work. it may have a very small affect but that is it. Too many not wearing masks in shops and there will be few that stick to 6 in a group. Only another full lockdown will halt it , but it wont cure it . It is here untill a vaccine is found . I still dont think the season will run its full course without a stopage at some point

I actually think the season can be completed in full, but the chances of us being allowed back in to watch football are decreasing all the time.  I think the best we can do for the club is pay for iFollow every week, and I intend to do that.  Unless Phillip Day tells us we have to attend or the club will fold, I'll stay away until things are completely back to normal. I have no interest in visiting a socially distanced Blundell Park, I'd much rather stay away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 193
ska face
September 10, 2020, 10:07am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,620
Gold Stars: 840
This is what happens when you spend hundreds of millions of pounds prioritising insecure, low-paid jobs at Nando’s...
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 193
It Bites
September 10, 2020, 10:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,174
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from Stadium

Ah I see.
No evidence whatsoever then unless you can provide otherwise?

Go do your own research . It takes a bit of your time but it's worth it
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 193
pen penfras
September 10, 2020, 11:06am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ska face
This is what happens when you spend hundreds of millions of pounds prioritising insecure, low-paid jobs at Nando’s...

What is?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 193
diehardmariner
September 10, 2020, 11:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,530
Gold Stars: 536
Bringing it back to fans returning....

Despite what it says in their FAQ section, I think the club need to really review what their approach is on this.

Regardless of how badly they need the money, it's fundamentally wrong to expect anyone to pay £340 for a season ticket if a return to action never happens.

If anyone wishes to give that money up, fair enough.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 193
lew chaterleys lover
September 10, 2020, 11:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ska face

What the hell are you on about now Wolfie? Power to the people is more succinct.
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 193
quebec38
September 10, 2020, 12:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from diehardmariner
Bringing it back to fans returning....

Despite what it says in their FAQ section, I think the club need to really review what their approach is on this.

Regardless of how badly they need the money, it's fundamentally wrong to expect anyone to pay £340 for a season ticket if a return to action never happens.

If anyone wishes to give that money up, fair enough.

Well whether they wish to/are able to review it is one thing, but they are covered as they explicitly stated no refunds under any circumstances.

What doesn’t sit right is that they are continuing to process postal renewal payments and have taken the phones off the hooks so people don’t have that small glimmer of hope of getting in touch to cancel their renewal now the guidelines are seemingly changing.

I get that the club are struggling massively but that is a pretty underhand move IMO.

...cue the red cross brigade who never have had and never will have season tickets endorsing what is quite shitty and alienating behaviour ha haa.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 193
codcheeky
September 10, 2020, 12:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31

I agree with that analysis.

Whilst listening yesterday that ghastly phrase "risk averse" was the overriding impression I got.

They are terrified of anything they can be accused of by their critics.

So called experts can blindly say do this or that without any regard for the wider implications- in the case of this particular forum the likely demise of our precious football clubs unless fans are let in soon.

It is a difficult situation to manage but I can't see people taking a blind bit of notice of any new restrictions.

They will have to take notice, BJ marshals will enforce it
£100 BILLION bonus for his mates in charge of the failing testing  in his latest moonshine idea
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 193
Heisenberg
September 10, 2020, 12:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,032
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from quebec38

Well whether they wish to/are able to review it is one thing, but they are covered as they explicitly stated no refunds under any circumstances.

What doesn’t sit right is that they are continuing to process postal renewal payments and have taken the phones off the hooks so people don’t have that small glimmer of hope of getting in touch to cancel their renewal now the guidelines are seemingly changing.

I get that the club are struggling massively but that is a pretty underhand move IMO.

...cue the red cross brigade who never have had and never will have season tickets endorsing what is quite shitty and alienating behaviour ha haa.

As much as the future of the club really concerns me, let's admit it, you'd have to be mental to actually buy a season ticket for this campaign, and the club know it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 193
ginnywings
September 10, 2020, 12:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
If the season is wiped and those with a ST can view all games, home and away, on IFollow, then i suppose it is worth the investment to some. Otherwise, for them to still be processing applications after yesterdays news, is pretty diabolical really.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 193
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.