Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
grimsby pete, Humbercod and 24 Guests

Fans Returning/Cases Rising

This thread currently has 23,088 views. Print
20 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
September 10, 2020, 12:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Well i must be mental coz ive just gone and bought mine and me brothers. Thought club need this more than i do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 193
ginnywings
September 10, 2020, 12:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Hagrid
Well i must be mental coz ive just gone and bought mine and me brothers. Thought club need this more than i do

Had a change of heart from yesterday then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 193
ska face
September 10, 2020, 12:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,567
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from pen penfras

What is?

A completely unnecessary spike in cases which will have big impacts elsewhere. Can’t understand the desire to force everyone together in restaurants when a massive number were able to do a delivery or takeout service that worked fine, certainly can’t understand why the tax payer was paying half of Jeremy Hunt’s £120 pub lunch with pals.

You can’t just lash everyone together at the same time without any consequences. Things like schools  or increased capacity for a working track & trace system could have been prioritised, but Harvester and Wetherspoons got the money. Odd that.

Anyway, the new lockdown and more delays to sporting events like this are the consequence.
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 193
Hagrid
September 10, 2020, 12:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from ginnywings

Had a change of heart from yesterday then?

me brother has disabilities and the minute chance of town returning was enough to convince, we spoke with him this morning about it. His clubs etc and social bits he goes too throughout the week have all stopped so this will at least give him something to focus on !
he's, of course, not able to go on his own so me mams going to be his carer at the games along with myself when she cant make it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 193
Croxton
September 10, 2020, 1:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,011
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Hagrid

Did you go to the ticket office? If so, was anyone answering the phone? I just wanted to check my renewal form had arrived, posted over a week ago. I wasn't comfortable putting the three digit security code down on paper and chucking it in one of those quaint red boxes on the pavement!
I'll keep trying I guess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 193
Heisenberg
September 10, 2020, 1:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,955
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Hagrid

me brother has disabilities and the minute chance of town returning was enough to convince, we spoke with him this morning about it. His clubs etc and social bits he goes too throughout the week have all stopped so this will at least give him something to focus on !
he's, of course, not able to go on his own so me mams going to be his carer at the games along with myself when she cant make it

Fair play to you then, Hagrid.  It does show incredible loyalty, and I've always been loyal myself, but I've sort of accepted that I'll probably be paying near to £460 this season for iFollow games; after deductions, that can't be too far from the club effectively getting season ticket money from me.

Of course, if fans are allowed back in at some point, iFollow streams may well stop in the UK, so my plan is not 100% perfect.  Its a case of suck it and see.

After reading your post above, I really hope the fans are allowed back in, stuff like this really isn't fair for people like your brother who've had stuff taken from them when it's doubly important to them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 193
lew chaterleys lover
September 10, 2020, 1:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from codcheeky

They will have to take notice, BJ marshals will enforce it
£100 BILLION bonus for his mates in charge of the failing testing  in his latest moonshine idea

Oh dont be gormless- how the hell are groups of more than 6 people meeting throughout the UK going to be "policed"?

Marshalls indeed. Are they going to wear a star shaped badge and a Stetson?  The whole thing is ridiculous.
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 193
codcheeky
September 10, 2020, 2:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31

Oh dont be gormless- how the hell are groups of more than 6 people meeting throughout the UK going to be "policed"?

Marshalls indeed. Are they going to wear a star shaped badge and a Stetson?  The whole thing is ridiculous.

He will have special BJ Squads

Private Message
Reply: 117 - 193
pen penfras
September 10, 2020, 2:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Did the government actually say that crowds were not allowed in from the start of October? The article I read, and I'm not reading much about this anymore, said that they would review the situation but no decision has been made.

I fully expect it to be stopped, and always assumed people buying tickets expected this. Like people booking holidays knew there's a risk of getting stuck or stuck at home quarantining, but it seems everybody just goes along with ignorant bliss thinking "it's ok today, so it will be tomorrow"...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 193
diehardmariner
September 10, 2020, 3:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,424
Gold Stars: 532
Saw one of the club staff say something on Twitter that if the season doesn't start, season tickets will be refunded.

I'll try dig it out.
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 193
20 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.