Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Fans Returning/Cases Rising

This thread currently has 23,169 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
September 9, 2020, 2:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,680
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Stadium

Goes ahead as planned today.

Tweet 1303606847472128000 will appear here...

Not Thursday Friday or Saturday though . No surprise.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 193
Ipswin
September 9, 2020, 2:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Rather than us getting worked up over national issues, maybe we should just take a step back and look locally at the situation.

In particular look at the number of infections and deaths in our local hospital and the ages of those fatalities.

[url] https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/how-many-coronavirus-deaths-cases-4496736[/url]

I take it you are referring to the (relatively) low numbers in the local area

while you are looking at the GET can I refer you to the series of photographs which appear in the on-line version every Monday showing all the silly drunk twits in the Seaview Street bars totally ignoring any social distancing measures. (some superb ladies legs on view though!)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 193
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 9, 2020, 2:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Ipswin

I take it you are referring to the (relatively) low numbers in the local area

while you are looking at the GET can I refer you to the series of photographs which appear in the on-line version every Monday showing all the silly drunk twits in the Seaview Street bars totally ignoring any social distancing measures. (some superb ladies legs on view though!)

Saw those Swin, the legs anyway. Yes it’s true what you say but I’m just saying that the local situation is different to the National figures that seem to drive the government.  Incidentally, this is the first time the individual hospital stats have been published. I asked for these in April and the GT said they had asked already but the Trust refused to release them. Why would it take a FIA request to get some information like that I wonder, why did the Trust not want people to know that Scunthorpe had by far the most infections?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 193
Ipswin
September 9, 2020, 2:54pm
Vodka Drinker

Saw those Swin, the legs anyway. Yes it’s true what you say but I’m just saying that the local situation is different to the National figures that seem to drive the government.  Incidentally, this is the first time the individual hospital stats have been published. I asked for these in April and the GT said they had asked already but the Trust refused to release them. Why would it take a FIA request to get some information like that I wonder, why did the Trust not want people to know that Scunthorpe had by far the most infections?

I think, bearing in mind the total stupidity of those ignoring social distancing, that finding out Scunthorpe was worse than Grimsby would only have led to an even greater 'it's all alright we don't have to worry about it' feeling amongst the idiots. Shame the figures have come out now I reckon.

Private Message
Reply: 73 - 193
quebec38
September 9, 2020, 2:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
So what do these new rules from Monday mean for football crowds? Is that not considered a large public gathering?
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 193
Sigone
September 9, 2020, 3:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from quebec38
So what do these new rules from Monday mean for football crowds? Is that not considered a large public gathering?

Highly unlikely considering it seems they don't think a racecourse with a large expanse and a lot of social distancing measures put in place are safe enough.  But you can still go to an enclosed pub/club, no social distancing and no face masks, so all is good  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 193
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 9, 2020, 3:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Ipswin

I think, bearing in mind the total stupidity of those ignoring social distancing, that finding out Scunthorpe was worse than Grimsby would only have led to an even greater 'it's all alright we don't have to worry about it' feeling amongst the idiots. Shame the figures have come out now I reckon.

Why do you say that Swin? Just because some are idiots doesn't mean we all are and I would want to know what the situation is near me. Like you I'm not in GY now but it's the same principle round here. Stupid big media headline last week about huge rise in Breckland cases when in fact they were connected with one factory and restricted to one small area but they have to try and terrify the rest of us until eventually we see the truth in the small print.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 193
Ipswin
September 9, 2020, 3:32pm
Vodka Drinker

Why do you say that Swin? Just because some are idiots doesn't mean we all are and I would want to know what the situation is near me. Like you I'm not in GY now but it's the same principle round here. Stupid big media headline last week about huge rise in Breckland cases when in fact they were connected with one factory and restricted to one small area but they have to try and terrify the rest of us until eventually we see the truth in the small print.

I just think, in respect of areas with low numbers like Grimsby Norfolk and Suffolk, it only adds to the complacency factor amongst the stupid ones

A little bit of President Trump's 'fake news' about the numbers might not go amiss in an effort to wake some folk up!

Private Message
Reply: 77 - 193
arryarryarry
September 9, 2020, 4:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from quebec38

According to BJ trials of spectators attending sports venues are going to be reviewed, so looks likely that fans will not be returning anytime soon.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 193
Chrisblor
September 9, 2020, 4:39pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,801
Gold Stars: 234
"Plans to pilot larger audiences in stadiums and to allow conferences to go ahead from October will be put on hold."

So yeah commiserations to anyone who applied for a season ticket on the basis that we'd all be allowed back in by October with only the Salford game being played behind closed doors (lol this includes me lol)

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 193
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.