Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 34 Guests

Fans Returning/Cases Rising

This thread currently has 23,091 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
September 8, 2020, 11:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,428
Gold Stars: 1,499
Genuine question; what does this actually mean for the reopening of football grounds? Obviously the 1,800 to 2,200 capacity mooted is a bigger number than 6 (I’m literally that good at maths), but in the case of Town we’ve been quite clear in limiting ‘bubbles’ to a maximum of 6.

For instance, under these new rules you could easily have many groups of 6 sitting in a pub or restaurant, or walking round a park or zoo - what about sporting arenas?

There are some differences between those scenarios, in particular a large number of people trying to arrive at the same place at the same time, but it doesn’t seem immediately clear what this means for live sport.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 193
mimma
September 8, 2020, 11:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
You are right Tashee, there is a lot more testing now compared to when the virus first arrived here, so you are not comparing like for like. The other point is that you only get tested if you are showing symptoms, so you are more likely to find it. You cannot get tested if you haven't any symptoms.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 193
GYinScuntland
September 8, 2020, 11:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from mimma
You are right Tashee, there is a lot more testing now compared to when the virus first arrived here, so you are not comparing like for like. The other point is that you only get tested if you are showing symptoms, so you are more likely to find it. You cannot get tested if you haven't any symptoms.

Symptoms.
There's new symptoms every day.
Soon you'll be advised to get tested if you stub your toe or have a wet fart.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 193
ginnywings
September 9, 2020, 12:25am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Stadium
Gatherings of six or more to be banned in the UK from Monday.

Tweet 1303444751434174464 will appear here...

Massive pi$$ up at the weekend then. You think they would have learned from last time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 193
aldi_01
September 9, 2020, 6:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Who the intercourse knows? It’s all becoming increasingly wishy washy, more so than it has so far.

I mean I’ll give them some credit, they’ve been consistently clueless throughout the whole thing.

As for sorting events, who knows? I’d imagine the bubbles of no more than 6 is standard across the stadiums so that shouldn’t make a difference. It’s an outdoor event too which, as they’ve told us several times, being outdoors is better than inside.

I find it odd that these things are being enforced at future dates; if the issue is real then enforce it from now, not in a weeks time.

Poojah makes a good point about people arriving at the same time to enter the stadium but I’m sure among that thesis of a ST pack it mentions or suggests a staggered entry time, where ST will be given a time frame they have to arrive by. I’m not sure this is either sensible or worthwhile but it might go a long way to explain how they’ll do it.

From my point of view, assuming you’re given a time frame of sat 2pm to 2:15pm, that’s a long time for someone just to sit and wait. They’ve said bars and food outlets are unlikely to be open. A captive audience and nobody benefits...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 193
Croxton
September 9, 2020, 8:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 193
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 9, 2020, 10:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Rather than us getting worked up over national issues, maybe we should just take a step back and look locally at the situation.

In particular look at the number of infections and deaths in our local hospital and the ages of those fatalities.

[url] https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/how-many-coronavirus-deaths-cases-4496736[/url]

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 193
Stadium
September 9, 2020, 10:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Think back to Cheltenham. Not sure the government will allow any chance of a repeat , even with reduced attendance at Donny

Goes ahead as planned today.

Tweet 1303606847472128000 will appear here...

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 193
Ipswin
September 9, 2020, 10:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from tashee69

There’s been quite a few people tested positive that showed no signs of having it.

That's the worrying bit for me. Incidentally I'm sure you have to display symptoms before you can get a test anyway.

All the drunk twits ignoring social distancing in the pubs, don't have symptoms and therefore don't give a excrement as 'it won't kill me I'm young and fit(tish)' are the problem

As far as the figures are concerned you are right. The increase in numbers getting tested inevitably leads to higher positives. Positive tests as a percentage of tests performed would be a better indicator of the possible re-emergence of the virus

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 193
pen penfras
September 9, 2020, 10:49am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Ipswin

That's the worrying bit for me. Incidentally I'm sure you have to display symptoms before you can get a test anyway.

All the drunk twits ignoring social distancing in the pubs, don't have symptoms and therefore don't give a excrement as 'it won't kill me I'm young and fit(tish)' are the problem

As far as the figures are concerned you are right. The increase in numbers getting tested inevitably leads to higher positives. Positive tests as a percentage of tests performed would be a better indicator of the possible re-emergence of the virus

That's partly true. A month or so ago, I had something that wiped me out. No cough or fever, but I was sleeping all day every day. Don't know if it was or wasn't covid but I couldn't get a test because it wasn't the prime symptoms.

But I had to get a test last week when in the hospital as part of test and trace, even though I had absolutely nothing wrong with me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 193
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.