Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Fans Returning/Cases Rising

This thread currently has 23,167 views. Print
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Manchester Mariner
September 8, 2020, 6:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
People comparing covid to flu as if the flu is just a bit of a cold blatantly have never had the flu, likewise people who claim to feel a bit 'fluey' or saying they have a 'touch of flu'. I've been getting a flu jab every year since I suffered a bout of flu as I never want to feel that ill again.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 193
Ipswin
September 8, 2020, 6:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete

No and I don't know anybody who knows anybody that has had it.

BUT

We know it effects the elderly and people with other health problems a lot more than the young and fit.

That's why I say why not just isolate the ones most at risk.

I don't have a problem with isolating old farts like us Pete in fact I found my period of shielding (which I have chosen to continue incidentally) was absolutely great, I enjoyed it tremendously but those who are not old farts and who are not isolating MUST observe the rules (social distancing, masks etc) if anything is going to make a difference apart from the much promised (but, like Town's promotion, highly unlikely for years) vaccine.
The government took the cork fully out of the bottle when they re-opened pubs bars and restaurants Big mistake and impossible now to reverse on a nationwide basis so please, all you fornicators on the urine in Seaview Street this weekend think of me and Pete !

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 193
mimma
September 8, 2020, 6:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,565
Gold Stars: 78
As a matter of interest, the St. Ledger weekend is being allowed to go ahead with up to 20,000 people expected to attend.

There seems to be one law for football, and a completely different law for horse racing. Can anyone explain why?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 193
Meza
September 8, 2020, 6:22pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Out of interest, has anyone on here had Covid or know anyone that has? If so what was their experience? I hear loads of it’s just like the flu, but only from people who have not been close to it.

Yes, my Brothers wife's step dad who cycles everywhere and for someone in he late 50's early 60's has no underlying health conditions and is fit as an ox got covid and nearly died.  He ended up at Castle Hill, he got what most experience short breath, fatigue then lungs filled with fluid and somehow bless him, he made it through.  

For me it has to be individual immune system related, im sure i have had covid back in February when onsite at clients (Gloucester) when the Cheltenham Festival was on.  2nd day in the week i felt strange, went dizzy for 10 mins, felt sick and had hot flushes (no not the menopause haha) i took some paracetamol and after 30 mins or so i was fine.  But i said earlier if you dont get tested you dont know if you have covid, and if you do but not showing symptoms  and appear immune to it what can you do, self isolate not to pass it on to others, cos i'd be in permanent lock down if thats the case until a vaccine is found.

Its the deaths from covid we need to keep an eye out, not the rise in cases.  If everyone in the country got tested you had a huge rise in cases im sure, but how many of these cases are showing immunity?

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 193
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 8, 2020, 6:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Ipswin

I don't have a problem with isolating old farts like us Pete in fact I found my period of shielding (which I have chosen to continue incidentally) was absolutely great, I enjoyed it tremendously but those who are not old farts and who are not isolating MUST observe the rules (social distancing, masks etc) if anything is going to make a difference apart from the much promised (but, like Town's promotion, highly unlikely for years) vaccine.
The government took the cork fully out of the bottle when they re-opened pubs bars and restaurants Big mistake and impossible now to reverse on a nationwide basis so please, all you fornicators on the urine in Seaview Street this weekend think of me and Pete !

As another old fart I have to agree Swin. I would say that the government was wrong in its choice of what to open and how to behave in places like bars and pubs. That doesn't mean it is wrong to open other things though. In fact it is essential they do but they have to be opened a bit at a time and rules applied, not because I think rules about masks and distance are particularly effective but because people need to be take some social discipline about it, not just blast back to normality in one go. I can see that being anarchic.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 193
Theimperialcoroner
September 8, 2020, 6:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,202
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from mimma
As a matter of interest, the St. Ledger weekend is being allowed to go ahead with up to 20,000 people expected to attend.

There seems to be one law for football, and a completely different law for horse racing. Can anyone explain why?

Dido Harding and her connections to Johnson

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 193
mimma
September 8, 2020, 6:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,565
Gold Stars: 78
Who's Dido Harding?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 193
MuddyWaters
September 8, 2020, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from mimma
Who's Dido Harding?

Head of Test and Trace and the new health authority, also ex Talk Talk, on The Jockey Club board and a big mate of Hancock. Also married to some Tory MP who wants to privatise the NHS.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 193
Theimperialcoroner
September 8, 2020, 7:16pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,202
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from mimma
Who's Dido Harding?

Tweet 1266819992684822532 will appear here...

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 193
toontown
September 8, 2020, 7:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Meza

Yes, my Brothers wife's step dad who cycles everywhere and for someone in he late 50's early 60's has no underlying health conditions and is fit as an ox got covid and nearly died.  He ended up at Castle Hill, he got what most experience short breath, fatigue then lungs filled with fluid and somehow bless him, he made it through.  

For me it has to be individual immune system related, im sure i have had covid back in February when onsite at clients (Gloucester) when the Cheltenham Festival was on.  2nd day in the week i felt strange, went dizzy for 10 mins, felt sick and had hot flushes (no not the menopause haha) i took some paracetamol and after 30 mins or so i was fine.  But i said earlier if you dont get tested you dont know if you have covid, and if you do but not showing symptoms  and appear immune to it what can you do, self isolate not to pass it on to others, cos i'd be in permanent lock down if thats the case until a vaccine is found.

Its the deaths from covid we need to keep an eye out, not the rise in cases.  If everyone in the country got tested you had a huge rise in cases im sure, but how many of these cases are showing immunity?

If your tested and are positive u don't have to isolate forever! It's 7 days I think. Or maybe 14 cant recall. The virus ceases to be transmittable after a while.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 193
20 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fans Returning/Cases Rising

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.