Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,229 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
August 4, 2019, 8:11am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from grimsbybrown

Which isn’t an unreasonable position except Fenty has also wanted the ‘adoration’ of his public - to be he Jack Walker type saviour figure not just an ‘investor’. He came in on the back of a generation of football club owners that were true benefactors and loved by their public.

At the end of the day, he hasn’t ‘felt the love’, which, when all said and done, is the consequence of his largely poor decision making,  So now he wants everything back.

Not saying he shouldn’t recover some of his funds either, it just all smacks of trying to have it both ways.  

Who were all these " true benefactors" and how much did they put into the club without wanting it back at some stage ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 770 - 1162
MuddyWaters
August 4, 2019, 8:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

Who were all these " true benefactors" and how much did they put into the club without wanting it back at some stage ?

I think the post refers to other clubs not ours.
Private Message
Reply: 771 - 1162
WesternMariner
August 4, 2019, 8:30am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +912
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from rancido

Bill Carr.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 772 - 1162
1mickylyons
August 4, 2019, 9:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from pen penfras

Yes. Fenty took over the club to save it from a situation that other people put it in where we were on the verge of going bankrupt.

Fenty wants back what he put in, not more. How is that making money? Yes, he could give it away for free, but the club is sustainable and he can recover loans from the profitable seasons. You might think people should just give out their money for free, but it is their choice and he never said he was giving money to the club.

I have no problem with him getting back his money it`s his after all I am just saying lets not make him out to be this all singing all dancing nice generous guy with GTFC`s best interests at heart cos we both know that`s total BS. One goodwill gesture from him could be to give back the Mike Parker shares to the MT that would get him some praise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 773 - 1162
grimsbybrown
August 4, 2019, 10:49am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think the post refers to other clubs not ours.

Yep, for example -

Jack Walker, Blackburn
Jack Hayward, Wolves

I think the jury is out on Sir John Hall (Newcastle) as his family made a profit.  

The point is the atmosphere of the day was of the local hero made good saving and then restoring the glory of their hometown club.

I don’t deny Fenty achieved the former - his utter abject failure at the latter precludes any right to expect the praise I feel he thinks is his right,

As said before, the best he can expect is to be thanked as someone who ‘stood in the gap’ - and that legacy is his if he doesn’t let his demands or ego become a barrier to the club’s best future.

Is Shute’s the man?  Without all the information how can we say for sure?  However; it is the partnership with the wider vision for regeneration that excites me, that means a much broader group are ‘invested’ in the club’s success.

Moreover, if Fenty was seen to surrender some of his assets in this deal as part of a wider plan to regenerate our town that would be in the tradition of many great social philanthropists and worthy of honour.

Whichever way, things have to change - we’re being left behind.

Lincoln has nearly 9000 there yesterday - no reason with good leadership we can’t achieve similar or, given our history, better...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 774 - 1162
rancido
August 4, 2019, 11:53am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from WesternMariner

Bill Carr.

Ok, so how much money did Bill Carr donate to the club. Or how about FA Would, Paddy Hamilton, Peter Furneaux, Dudley Ramsden etc. In fact name me one Board member or Chairman prior to JF coming on the scene who has gifted, donated or given GTFC money to keep them afloat?

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 775 - 1162
KingstonMariner
August 4, 2019, 12:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

Ok, so how much money did Bill Carr donate to the club. Or how about FA Would, Paddy Hamilton, Peter Furneaux, Dudley Ramsden etc. In fact name me one Board member or Chairman prior to JF coming on the scene who has gifted, donated or given GTFC money to keep them afloat?

Mike Parker. Not sure if he was a director but he effectively gifted £500,000 (not counting the other shares he kept ownership of).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 776 - 1162
rancido
August 4, 2019, 12:12pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Mike Parker. Not sure if he was a director but he effectively gifted £500,000 (not counting the other shares he kept ownership of).

You obviously don't read posts properly or you are not paying attention. I specifically said " prior to JF " coming on the scene. Now I may be wrong but I'm sure Mike Parker got involved with the club several years after JF joined the Board. So ,for your benefit I will ask again , prior to JF  joining the Board of GTFC name me any director or chairman who donated, gifted or gave the club any substantial amount of cash/money to keep the flub afloat without wanting it back?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 777 - 1162
MuddyWaters
August 4, 2019, 12:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

You obviously don't read posts properly or you are not paying attention. I specifically said " prior to JF " coming on the scene. Now I may be wrong but I'm sure Mike Parker got involved with the club several years after JF joined the Board. So ,for your benefit I will ask again , prior to JF  joining the Board of GTFC name me any director or chairman who donated, gifted or gave the club any substantial amount of cash/money to keep the flub afloat without wanting it back?

Football was completely different in the 20th century and clubs hadn’t over committed on contracts based on likely income from TV contracts. JF took over because he wanted to and had the money to do so. As far as I’m aware, nobody, JF included, has gifted any money to the club other than Mike Parker’s gift of shares to the trust.
Private Message
Reply: 778 - 1162
Rik e B
August 4, 2019, 12:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Parker gifted a good million or so then walked away. Fenty has kept us in perennial groundhog day with his 'benign' loans.

The 200k he takes annually now could fund a couple of 'hairs on back of neck' signings on nearly 2k a week. That, my friends, could make all the difference between mid table obscurity and and exciting promotion push.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 779 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.