Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 29 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 261,232 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
August 5, 2019, 6:41am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from thevera

You come up with some spiteful posts sometimes Pete.
Is it really necessary?

What`s spiteful about that it`s the truth there are half a dozen on here who will defend Mr Fenty whatever the criticsm blood is thicker than water and all that.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 800 - 1162
pen penfras
August 5, 2019, 7:19am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -140
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 1mickylyons

What`s spiteful about that it`s the truth there are half a dozen on here who will defend Mr Fenty whatever the criticsm blood is thicker than water and all that.

Do you not think it is also true that there are about half a dozen or so on here that will criticise Mr Fenty regardless of what he does. When he does something good they do a deep dive to nit pick every minor detail and even if there is nothing there, they then make something up and it then becomes a "fishy fact". And 3 months later everybody remembers that as being what happened even though somebody blinded with hate just made it up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 801 - 1162
golfer
August 5, 2019, 7:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,375
Gold Stars: 112
I don't understand why people "hate" JSF ,and it's obvious they do. You don't have to like the guy but to hate someone for doing what they think is right is totally wrong. Role on the baying dogs for not agreeing with them-opinions are good but a lot of posts go way too far-he is not a murderer for FKSAKE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 802 - 1162
MuddyWaters
August 5, 2019, 7:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,884
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from golfer
I don't understand why people "hate" JSF ,and it's obvious they do. You don't have to like the guy but to hate someone for doing what they think is right is totally wrong. Role on the baying dogs for not agreeing with them-opinions are good but a lot of posts go way too far-he is not a murderer for FKSAKE

I don’t hate JSF but I don’t like what he’s done to the football club I’ve supported for 50 years. I’ve not asked for my money back on every occasion that we’ve played badly or every season we’ve been relegated.

Some people seem to have a very strange idea of what hate really is. The facts suggest we’ve fallen behind many clubs under John Fentys stewardship, to me that suggests we need a change. Nothing more.
Private Message
Reply: 803 - 1162
golfer
August 5, 2019, 8:01am
Vodka Drinker
I never said YOU hated JSF but from some of the posts you must agree some on here do. You state your opinion but it is obvious some on here are snarling at their keyboards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 804 - 1162
MuddyWaters
August 5, 2019, 8:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from golfer
I never said YOU hated JSF but from some of the posts you must agree some on here do. You state your opinion but it is obvious some on here are snarling at their keyboards

I think most of the people you aim your comments at care passionately about GTFC. That doesn’t necessarily mean they hate the person running it.
Private Message
Reply: 805 - 1162
1mickylyons
August 5, 2019, 8:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from pen penfras

Do you not think it is also true that there are about half a dozen or so on here that will criticise Mr Fenty regardless of what he does. When he does something good they do a deep dive to nit pick every minor detail and even if there is nothing there, they then make something up and it then becomes a "fishy fact". And 3 months later everybody remembers that as being what happened even though somebody blinded with hate just made it up.

Yes I think that`s a fair assessment pp. If you took away Fenty`s countless PR gaffes over the years 75% of his faults would not count
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 806 - 1162
golfer
August 5, 2019, 8:20am
Vodka Drinker
Oh but in a lot of cases it does. It shouldn't but it definitely does. I was talking to a chap last week who was calling FK out of Jsf and he had never been to  BP in his life. A lot of people are like sheep but others are like wolves. Instead of people listing all the things that they consider he has done wrong why not list the things that they would have done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 807 - 1162
codcheeky
August 5, 2019, 8:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think most of the people you aim your comments at care passionately about GTFC. That doesn’t necessarily mean they hate the person running it.

Just raking over old ground again, apart from keeping the club afloat ( which may be the reason he cannot sell) Fenty has failed on every level.  When he took over we were the regions top team, now are the worst, we have spent nearly all that time on non league or fighting relegation to non league. He has stumbled from one PR disaster to another. The new ground seems little closer the old ground falling to bits.
I do not doubt he has tried his best, I do not hate him but he is a failure as a club chairman
Private Message
Reply: 808 - 1162
MuddyWaters
August 5, 2019, 8:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

Just raking over old ground again, apart from keeping the club afloat ( which may be the reason he cannot sell) Fenty has failed on every level.  When he took over we were the regions top team, now are the worst, we have spent nearly all that time on non league or fighting relegation to non league. He has stumbled from one PR disaster to another. The new ground seems little closer the old ground falling to bits.
I do not doubt he has tried his best, I do not hate him but he is a failure as a club chairman

I agree. And it’s little things like the comments made about Macca in Saturday’s interview that exemplify his lack of understanding. Macca, club hero, ‘hauled us over the coals’ while Nick Dale, who dropped the club in the shite, keeps his job. Unbelievable.
Private Message
Reply: 809 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.