Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 23 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,163 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
July 31, 2019, 2:01am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from denni266

I agree totally . Where is the money for this pipe dream coming from. I dont expect a full run down on who is putting x ammount in but some form of answer would be nice. And if the sale was near, why has money been put into lights and other improvements . Fore some reason at this moment in time i feel its being blown up to try and keep the fans happy and deflect attention away from all the other problems , just my oppinion

Interesting thought. Do you think Fenty has fed the GrimTel a line, that he can plausibly deny, so he can boost ST sales by gettting everyone hopeful JF is going?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 740 - 1162
Rik e B
July 31, 2019, 6:41am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
As far as the lights and improvements are concerned, I was of the belief that they forced upon the club by the football league in order to meet minimum requirements. Probably been scraping by barely acceptable for a long time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 741 - 1162
golfer
July 31, 2019, 7:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Where is the money for the new stadium coming from
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 742 - 1162
Rik e B
July 31, 2019, 8:51am

Whiskey Drinker
Pffft, a moot point 😝
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 743 - 1162
GollyGTFC
July 31, 2019, 10:25am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from golfer

If the stadium site is secured and planning permission guaranteed somebody please tell me who will be paying for the new stadium. Shutes hasn't enough cash,neither has JSF,neither have the Freemen neither has the council. Houses are being built all over already so it wont be house builders. ABP wont pay for it. I keep asking the question but nobody will answer

Who paid for new stadiums at...

Chesterfield?
Doncaster?
Rotherham?
Morecambe?
Colchester?
Salford (Rugby League)?
Warrington (Rugby League)?
St Helens (Rugby League)?
Bournemouth?
Fylde?
Barnet?
Brentford?

We're not the first sports club trying to build a new stadium. Plenty have done it before. Plenty are doing it right now. If they can do, so can we.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 744 - 1162
GollyGTFC
July 31, 2019, 10:29am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from denni266

I agree totally . Where is the money for this pipe dream coming from. I dont expect a full run down on who is putting x ammount in but some form of answer would be nice. And if the sale was near, why has money been put into lights and other improvements

Money has only been put in where the club has no option. Removing the humps in the goalmouths & improving the floodlights so that they meet requirements for TV companies. And the club waited until they had no choice before doing both "improvements".
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 745 - 1162
TownSNAFU5
July 31, 2019, 10:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
You could add Scunthorpe ( more then one new stadium), Hull and Lincoln (who are planning one) to that list.

Just do not mention Coventry.  That has not worked out very well for them.  (Serves them right after that late, controversial penalty scored by Mick Coop in the FAC many years ago).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 746 - 1162
Rik e B
July 31, 2019, 10:42am

Whiskey Drinker
IF the takeover happens I'm sure Shutes & Co. will clearly explain exactly how the required funding will be amassed. There will be several revenues to source funding as with most new stadia.

Just look at our own old ideas for Great Coates etc, although nothing ever came off it was explained how we expected to fund the thing. The large regeneration fund available can be used to finance surrounding infrastructure then usually you have enabling developments, bit from the council, bit from here, bit from there, loans to top up perhaps. There could be several investors waiting in the wings also.

Of course the exact details will be forthcoming if Shutes gets the green light. He not going to come in and say 'Yes we want a new stadium as part of the wider regeneration project but we've got no clue how we're going to fund the thing.'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 747 - 1162
TownSNAFU5
July 31, 2019, 11:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
Just my views,  not based on specific facts.

People with money do not keep large amounts in current accounts.  Investing money long term is not easily accessible, especially if invested with others in clever tax-avoidance schemes.  Such investments can go up and down in value.  Future anticipated income is often used to increase borrowing.  An accountant could certify in his opinion that sufficient  funds are available, but that does not mean that they are on any given day.  The Club have to be certain.

Funding football these days is a complex matter.  Interesting piece on talkSPORT this week about the Arsenal transfer of £73 million from Lille.  Arsenal do not have the transfer budget this season to pay this huge fee.  The payments were structured over 5 years.  Lille do not want to wait 5 years for all their money.  They did (or can) sell the transfer income to a finance company for lump sum of around £68 million.  The finance company collect the £73 million.  Lille get their cash now, the finance company make a profit,  the players gets a great contract, Arsenal get an excellent player.  Lille get the actual net transfer fee before it was inflated to cover add-ons. Everybody wins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 748 - 1162
GollyGTFC
July 31, 2019, 11:19am

Whiskey Drinker
The key is maximising stadium income. I've been to a few stadiums with gyms built into one of the stands. Obviously conference and banqueting facilities will be built inside the stadium. Quite a few stadiums have NHS facilties incorporated. Also, there's the possibility of a hotel (like Bolton) and depending on how the docks are opened up possibly even dockside apartments. Also office space that could be rented out. The possibilities for long term revenue are huge. And that's the key. Financing a stadium with a great business plan with long-term and multiple revenue streams will not be a massive issue.

Read this... York City- more than just a stadium

Preston's final stand is a great example explained in this pdf article. And it also shows the huge savings of incorporating facilities into a stadium building. A new stand alone gym can cost in the region of £2.7m, but within a stadium building it can be done for £1.35m.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 749 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.