Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 261,233 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
August 5, 2019, 5:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from golfer
Oh but in a lot of cases it does. It shouldn't but it definitely does. I was talking to a chap last week who was calling FK out of Jsf and he had never been to  BP in his life. A lot of people are like sheep but others are like wolves. Instead of people listing all the things that they consider he has done wrong why not list the things that they would have done.

"I was talking to a chap last week..." Aye, right, as they say up here in Scotland. Present something as fact with nothing at all to back it up. Let's at least have a grown up debate about it please?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 820 - 1162
golfer
August 5, 2019, 5:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,375
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from jock dock tower

"I was talking to a chap last week..." Aye, right, as they say up here in Scotland. Present something as fact with nothing at all to back it up. Let's at least have a grown up debate about it please?

What a stupid statement Jock- i would have thought better from you. Actually he was a window cleaner who ran away to Scotland when he was a boy. He found that the ground was as hard and a yard was as long as in England  That a cherry was as red and 4 score was eighty,and that wherever you are you follow the crowd to hate JSF.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 821 - 1162
rancido
August 5, 2019, 8:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

I Believe at the time a few members of the board including JF wanted to change managers but MP at the time backed Neil Woods and threatened to walk unless the board kept him.

Wasn't Woods Mike Parkers choice and Fenty was outvoted on the decision to appoint him ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 822 - 1162
RichMariner
August 5, 2019, 9:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
I don't like JSF because of what he's done โ€” and what he keeps doing โ€” to this club. The longer he remains, the more damage he'll do. I'm literally waiting for the next major gaffe to happen.

I do accept that he's a fan at heart and doing the best he can. I've never said otherwise. But using the "he's a fan" line doesn't excuse the huge mistakes he's made.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 823 - 1162
August 7, 2019, 4:33am
Guest User
JF holding out for his own conditions I would imagine!

Feed the ego!!
Reply: 824 - 1162
Northbank Mariner
August 7, 2019, 6:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,388
Gold Stars: 170
Think through all this, it would have been nice to have had an interview with Tom Schutes or his representatives and got his side as to why he wants to buy GTFC and his plans for the future.
All the information we have been fed has come out of JSFs mouth making it all a bit one sided.
Not to be a cynic,, but my original jubilation has now turned to dismay as I suspect Mr Schutes may turn out to be yet another "tyre kicker"๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 825 - 1162
diehardmariner
August 7, 2019, 9:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,095
Gold Stars: 520
Quoted from ivanosandwich

Fair enough, Nick Dale messed up and whether or not he should lose his job is another debate but Macca a "club hero". He is a great servant to the club but it's his job and he has been paid to do it. I doubt that if you asked Macca he would describe himself as a club hero.

I like him because he is a good League 2 level goalkeeper and he has shown commitment to the club by staying as long as he has but there was one occasion I can remember when he seemed set on leaving, "played his last game for the club" was a quote I seem to recall, not necessarily from him though. Admittedly that was in the Bignot era (I think) and we may not have got the full details but what qualities make him a club hero?

I also agree with you that JF's โ€˜hauled us over the coalsโ€™ comments were unnecessary and will only serve to antagonise those that are anti JF. He does have a habit on saying the wrong things at the wrong time.

John McDermott is quite rightly held in hero status yet he walked away from the club when he all but joined Hull in 2003.  He did that for more money and to look after himself.  No-one could blame him for that, just like how no-one could have blamed McKeown or any other player for looking after themselves at any point in their career.  

Hate is a strong word.  I certainly don't hate John Fenty.  I think he's incompetent and a terrible leader of the club, I dislike how he's run the club and continues to allow it to tread water on his watch.  But hate is many steps too far in my eyes.
Private Message
Reply: 826 - 1162
ginnywings
August 7, 2019, 9:43am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
We don't need a new ground now.  

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 827 - 1162
Alfie
August 10, 2019, 4:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Two weeks in a row that Mr. Shutes had something better to do on a Saturday afternoon?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 828 - 1162
Stadium
August 10, 2019, 4:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Think through all this, it would have been nice to have had an interview with Tom Schutes or his representatives and got his side as to why he wants to buy GTFC and his plans for the future.
All the information we have been fed has come out of JSFs mouth making it all a bit one sided.
Not to be a cynic,, but my original jubilation has now turned to dismay as I suspect Mr Schutes may turn out to be yet another "tyre kicker"๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

Or maybe just carrying on looking at the options without reporting to the public every five minutes?
It's been stated many times within this thread there are probably confidentiality conditions around any deal.
I do understand JF has commented but not actual specifics.
In any case just wait for the official outcome because that's the only news that's actually means anything.

โ€œThere's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.โ€- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 829 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.