Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 17 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,211 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
July 29, 2019, 6:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
I can't believe the bit about the lack of evidence of funding.do we really think they have been negotiating for 12 months without Fenty being happy that Shute s isn't a time waster and has some way of funding the deal?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 700 - 1162
AussieMariner
July 29, 2019, 6:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
I wonder if the proof of funding thing is to satisfy the recent anti money laundering regulations rather than just proving he has it? I’m just buying a property over here and the hoops you have to jump through to prove the funds are not ill-gotten are significant.

Especially if they are 🤔
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 701 - 1162
moosey_club
July 29, 2019, 6:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano
I can't believe the bit about the lack of evidence of funding.do we really think they have been negotiating for 12 months without Fenty being happy that Shute s isn't a time waster and has some way of funding the deal?

todays played interview stated the same old line of .... the board are committed to finding suitable owners...blah blah....been ongoing for over 12 months now.....blah blah....funding......blah blah...

Really didnt say anything new from the last statement.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 702 - 1162
KingstonMariner
July 29, 2019, 6:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete
I heard  that once the ground is completed the official opening will be by the prime minister,

He plans to zip wire from dock tower to the centre spot with the union flag in one hand and a town flag in the other.

There’s a million to one chance of that happening Pete.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 703 - 1162
grimsby pete
July 29, 2019, 6:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from KingstonMariner

There’s a million to one chance of that happening Pete.

Even money then  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 704 - 1162
Ipswin
July 29, 2019, 6:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete
I heard  that once the ground is completed the official opening will be by the prime minister,

He plans to zip wire from dock tower to the centre spot with the union flag in one hand and a town flag in the other.

By the time the new ground (one stand, The JSF Memorial Stand seating 50 and two terraces with standing on two steps for another 500) is built it will be situated at the 37th choice of location just outside Chapel St Leonards, the Dock Tower will be just a crumbling stump incapable of being one end of a zip wire anyway, Boris will be just a distant memory and the entire country will be run by his 5 (or is it 6) children desperately trying to seal trading arrangements with Mali and The Yemen, there will be no 'Union' and Town's flag will no longer feature fish as there won't be any left. The Telewag will run a story about the club's 3 hooligan fans and the concerns about all the Market Rasen reserves supporters turning up for the first match of the season in the 6th Division of the Lincolnshire League

Plus of course neither you nor I will be there Pete

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 705 - 1162
golfer
July 29, 2019, 7:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Have faith my son
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 706 - 1162
promotion plaice
July 29, 2019, 7:38pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Ipswin

By the time the new ground (one stand, The JSF Memorial Stand seating 50 and two terraces with standing on two steps for another 500) is built it will be situated at the 37th choice of location just outside Chapel St Leonards, the Dock Tower will be just a crumbling stump incapable of being one end of a zip wire anyway, Boris will be just a distant memory and the entire country will be run by his 5 (or is it 6) children desperately trying to seal trading arrangements with Mali and The Yemen, there will be no 'Union' and Town's flag will no longer feature fish as there won't be any left. The Telewag will run a story about the club's 3 hooligan fans and the concerns about all the Market Rasen reserves supporters turning up for the first match of the season in the 6th Division of the Lincolnshire League

Plus of course neither you nor I will be there Pete

Sounds like the summary of a new book  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 707 - 1162
Mighty_Mariner
July 29, 2019, 7:57pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Ipswin

Because Shutes hasn't got the money and he can't find anyone else daft enough to put it in, in my opinion, but without any cold hard facts.

Edited for you fella 👍

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 708 - 1162
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 29, 2019, 8:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
[quote=54]

As someone who grew up in Market Rasen, & just because Bernie Taupin writes a song suggesting Saturday nights in the market place were a little bit feisty, I am not sure why you are dragging the good name of my former town into this, take it from me you have no chance of ever becoming the Stadium Manager for our Gallimore Lane complex as it is not acceptable to suggest our fans have a Hooligan element, surely you know that no self-respecting football club would run down its own supporters 😄😄😄

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 709 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.