Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,147 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
August 3, 2019, 2:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,874
Gold Stars: 42
York is not a good examaple to use.  The York stadium has been delayed for years, and the troubles/delays keep coming.  

Fans can easily get to Bootham Crescent as it is in the city centre.  Many fans have said that they will not go out of town to get to the new ground. Others (more elderly fans) have said that they will not go as it will take 90 mins by bus to get from the suburbs on a Sat into York centre, and then out the other side of the city to the ground.   That is just one way.

Parking is very limited at the new ground.  Fewer car journeys are needed at Bootham Crescent due to the easy location.

A new ground is not all that it is cracked up to be - unfortunately!    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 760 - 1162
rancido
August 3, 2019, 5:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from LH
Why would talks go on for a year if he hasn’t got the cash? More fool Fenty if that is the case. Heard another rumour that goalposts are changing and I’d be more inclined to believe that one.

yes another way to blame Fenty!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 761 - 1162
LH
August 3, 2019, 6:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,495
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from rancido

yes another way to blame Fenty!

Do you think Ferrari garages let any one come in for a test drive?
Private Message
Reply: 762 - 1162
forza ivano
August 3, 2019, 7:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
Wish we could Shute's side of the story
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 763 - 1162
denni266
August 4, 2019, 4:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
I personally think i can smell bull crap here.. No one goes shopping without having enough money to buy with, and it does not take a year to buy a football club . This shutes fellow seems more interested in the bigger regeneration  picture where there is money to be made , and i doubt he would be heart and soul for the football club. So for me at this minute i am out on this one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 764 - 1162
August 4, 2019, 5:25am
Guest User
So what is the big hold up with the Takeover???

Is Shutes messing around??
Is it Fenty putting unreasonable conditions in place? (Lifetime director, 100% everything he has ever put in, Statue outside the new ground

From the outside, it certainly doesn’t look likely anymore!!

GTFC, probs me wrong, PLEASE!!!!

UTM
Reply: 765 - 1162
pen penfras
August 4, 2019, 7:31am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 1542
So what is the big hold up with the Takeover???

Is Shutes messing around??
Is it Fenty putting unreasonable conditions in place? (Lifetime director, 100% everything he has ever put in, Statue outside the new ground

From the outside, it certainly doesn’t look likely anymore!!

GTFC, probs me wrong, PLEASE!!!!

UTM

It had already been going on for a year. Why does a few weeks make it look any less likely than it did when this news first broke?

Shutes isn't showing proof of funding, which is worrying, although why he'd negotiate something that he couldn't afford would be very strange. He needs to show enough to buy the club and enough to underwrite the overdraft to pass fit and proper person test.

I get the feeling that he doesn't really care about the football club and is in it to make some money. I think he wants a high degree of certainty that the new stadium will happen before buying the club, then he has the potential to make money out of it. I don't really care if that's what he wants as long as it takes the club forwards, but I wish he'd get on with it one way or the other so the bs rumours could stop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 766 - 1162
1mickylyons
August 4, 2019, 7:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from pen penfras

It had already been going on for a year. Why does a few weeks make it look any less likely than it did when this news first broke?

Shutes isn't showing proof of funding, which is worrying, although why he'd negotiate something that he couldn't afford would be very strange. He needs to show enough to buy the club and enough to underwrite the overdraft to pass fit and proper person test.

I get the feeling that he doesn't really care about the football club and is in it to make some money. I think he wants a high degree of certainty that the new stadium will happen before buying the club, then he has the potential to make money out of it. I don't really care if that's what he wants as long as it takes the club forwards, but I wish he'd get on with it one way or the other so the bs rumours could stop.

Do you think Fenty is any different in trying to make money from the Club with a proposed sale? Given his reign of terror if he loves the Club like he professes he could sell it for £1 to ensure more money was available to invest but he wont . This past week once again has summed up why we so desperately need him and his mates out of this Club . Time after time they drag us into the gutter and try and blame the fans and though I never heard it sounds like John has compounded things with his latest press interview having a pop at our captain? FENTY OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 767 - 1162
pen penfras
August 4, 2019, 7:45am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Do you think Fenty is any different in trying to make money from the Club with a proposed sale?

Yes. Fenty took over the club to save it from a situation that other people put it in where we were on the verge of going bankrupt.

Fenty wants back what he put in, not more. How is that making money? Yes, he could give it away for free, but the club is sustainable and he can recover loans from the profitable seasons. You might think people should just give out their money for free, but it is their choice and he never said he was giving money to the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 768 - 1162
grimsbybrown
August 4, 2019, 8:08am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from pen penfras

Yes. Fenty took over the club to save it from a situation that other people put it in where we were on the verge of going bankrupt.

Fenty wants back what he put in, not more. How is that making money? Yes, he could give it away for free, but the club is sustainable and he can recover loans from the profitable seasons. You might think people should just give out their money for free, but it is their choice and he never said he was giving money to the club.

Which isn’t an unreasonable position except Fenty has also wanted the ‘adoration’ of his public - to be he Jack Walker type saviour figure not just an ‘investor’.  He came in on the back of a generation of football club owners that were true benefactors and loved by their public.

At the end of the day, he hasn’t ‘felt the love’, which, when all said and done, is the consequence of his largely poor decision making,  So now he wants everything back.

Not saying he shouldn’t recover some of his funds either, it just all smacks of trying to have it both ways.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 769 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.