Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 261,214 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
August 13, 2019, 1:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
While the Telegraph did some excellent work to dig up some fascinating insights behind this proposed takeover, I think it created some unrealistic expectations.

Firstly, it believed Shutes had passed the FPP test, and secondly it believed a deal would be done before the start of the season — neither of which, on reflection, has happened.

I'm not having a go at the Telegraph here because the original work to bring this to light was excellent. But there's no doubt that it got all of us excited and we took their understanding of the situation as gospel.

So when things haven't happened, that doesn't mean they won't happen. If the deal's been trundling on in the background for a year already then it might take a few more months to get over the line.

It's not just simply about buying the club out or taking over — there's a bigger project going on here involving the town of Grimsby. This isn't your ordinary takeover of a football club, so this could trundle on for a while yet.

I don't mind waiting, as long as the correct conclusion is reached.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 840 - 1162
Posh Harry
August 13, 2019, 2:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Civvy at last

Have you actually heard something as such or just a bit fed up of waiting ?   I haven't seen anything that changes it one way or another.  Or have I missed something ??

I doubt denni will have heard anything.

Problem is we have started the season well so he can’t yet come on here moaning about how sh it the players and the manager are, so he just wants to have a moan about something else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 841 - 1162
Rik e B
August 13, 2019, 4:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Poor doom mongers, whatever can they do when the team is performing? 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 842 - 1162
August 13, 2019, 7:39pm
Guest User
Was it just a ploy to generate ST Sales??!!

Cruel but if that’s what the current owner needs to do to generate sales, it says an awful lot about his stewardship!! Just like every other false dawn during his time!!
Peaked Parkway, Extreme Leisure, New Takeover!

It is just a bit of a joke really!!
Reply: 843 - 1162
forza ivano
August 13, 2019, 8:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from 1542
Was it just a ploy to generate ST Sales??!!

Cruel but if that’s what the current owner needs to do to generate sales, it says an awful lot about his stewardship!! Just like every other false dawn during his time!!
Peaked Parkway, Extreme Leisure, New Takeover!

It is just a bit of a joke really!!

The only joke is your ridiculous post.  Bet you think the moon landings were faked as well
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 844 - 1162
AdamHaddock
August 13, 2019, 9:13pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
The moon landings were faked by George Soros and the lizard illuminati

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 845 - 1162
KingstonMariner
August 13, 2019, 9:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from forza ivano

The only joke is your ridiculous post.  Bet you think the moon landings were faked as well

I thought 'Peaked Parkway' was a good one actually.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 846 - 1162
MuddyWaters
August 14, 2019, 3:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from RichMariner
While the Telegraph did some excellent work to dig up some fascinating insights behind this proposed takeover, I think it created some unrealistic expectations.

Firstly, it believed Shutes had passed the FPP test, and secondly it believed a deal would be done before the start of the season — neither of which, on reflection, has happened.

I'm not having a go at the Telegraph here because the original work to bring this to light was excellent. But there's no doubt that it got all of us excited and we took their understanding of the situation as gospel.

So when things haven't happened, that doesn't mean they won't happen. If the deal's been trundling on in the background for a year already then it might take a few more months to get over the line.

It's not just simply about buying the club out or taking over — there's a bigger project going on here involving the town of Grimsby. This isn't your ordinary takeover of a football club, so this could trundle on for a while yet.

I don't mind waiting, as long as the correct conclusion is reached.

Think, from what I've heard, that you've about got it spot on.

I think from the buyer's side, the deal wouldn't happen if the regeneration side didn't happen. From the seller's side, I'm guessing that Mr Fenty didn't make his money by being pushed around in business deals and he's looking for the best possible outcome.

I think that we are still quite a long way from all the ducks being lined up - but I would be happy to be wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 847 - 1162
The Archaeologist
August 14, 2019, 7:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +10
The firm I work for received an invitation today from Historic England to bid for a job titled: “Tender opportunity: Historic England - 7802 Historic Building Investigations –building surveys of thirteen buildings in the Old Fish Docks, Kasbah Conservation Area, Grimsby”.
We only get a call about something like this when it’s going to be demolished or dug up. Early days, but a sure sign of impending development of some kind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 848 - 1162
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 14, 2019, 7:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from The Archaeologist
The firm I work for received an invitation today from Historic England to bid for a job titled: “Tender opportunity: Historic England - 7802 Historic Building Investigations –building surveys of thirteen buildings in the Old Fish Docks, Kasbah Conservation Area, Grimsby”.
We only get a call about something like this when it’s going to be demolished or dug up. Early days, but a sure sign of impending development of some kind.

For goodness sake tell them there's nothing of value, there's no such place as the kasbah and the whole lot should be obliterated and replaced with car park and a shiny new stadium.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 849 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.