Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 39 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,197 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... Next All Recommend Thread
July 30, 2019, 11:53am
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

Here we go again, have a pop at Swin time. Whats the matter ? Tired of attacking Nick Dale for telling the truth already?

As opposed to Swin having a go at GTFC time when they lose, and only then!

Reply: 720 - 1162
Ipswin
July 30, 2019, 12:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 123614

As opposed to Swin having a go at GTFC time when they lose, and only then!

You want me to have a go when they win? It can be arranged

As far as 'having a go at GTFC' is concerned I am a mere amateur compared to the Fenty knockers, the ticketing procedure moaners, the 'club PR is crap' brigade, the early kick off complainers, the 'sound system is crap' claimants and the many others who want virtually everything at the club changed

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 721 - 1162
GollyGTFC
July 30, 2019, 12:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
My opinion...

Shutes will have backers/investors lined up but it will be dependent on a new stadium. Once the new stadium deal is agree and the contracts signed off with ABP then I think it will unlock everything and the takeover will happen.

People shouldn't worry about Fenty saying about "before the season starts". That is his preferred timescale only. It almost certainly isn't shared by Shutes.

Lets be honest, GTFC is worthless at the moment. But to somebody with a stadium site secured and pretty much guaranteed planning permission the club is worth something.

I don't see it as a negative that the prospective new owner(s) have ambition. I wouldn't want a new owner who would be content to stay at Blundell Park for another 17 years. We all know how far behind we've fallen in JSF's tenure in terms of the way the club is run off the field.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 722 - 1162
GollyGTFC
July 30, 2019, 12:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

You want me to have a go when they win? It can be arranged

As far as 'having a go at GTFC' is concerned I am a mere amateur compared to the Fenty knockers, the ticketing procedure moaners, the 'club PR is crap' brigade, the early kick off complainers, the 'sound system is crap' claimants and the many others who want virtually everything at the club changed

When you do, remember to point out that in MJ's first full season in charge he delivered a league finish of 17th- that's the position Russell Slade was sacked from. The average Fishy member doesn't like the use of facts when constructing an argument.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 723 - 1162
MarshMariner
July 30, 2019, 12:59pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Spot on...Did anyone notice that the last update from the Council about finalising the new stadium details time line, runs closely with Mr Fenty's comments about start of season...

Its pretty obvious Mr Shutes wants the stadium project to tie in with purchasing the club... why else would he have an interest?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 724 - 1162
Grantham_Mariner
July 30, 2019, 1:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from MarshMariner
Spot on...Did anyone notice that the last update from the Council about finalising the new stadium details time line, runs closely with Mr Fenty's comments about start of season...

Its pretty obvious Mr Shutes wants the stadium project to tie in with purchasing the club... why else would he have an interest?  

I do hope so, as it stands I do not think the people who run the club or certain aspects of the club would be capable of handling a new stadium.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 725 - 1162
Ipswin
July 30, 2019, 1:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

When you do, remember to point out that in MJ's first full season in charge he delivered a league finish of 17th- that's the position Russell Slade was sacked from. The average Fishy member doesn't like the use of facts when constructing an argument.

Thanks mate I will, problem is I think most will be pleased with a finish even worse than Slade's simply because they all think Jolley is wonderful and dislike Slade intensely

Private Message
Reply: 726 - 1162
Ipswin
July 30, 2019, 1:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC
My opinion...

Shutes will have backers/investors lined up but it will be dependent on a new stadium. Once the new stadium deal is agree and the contracts signed off with ABP then I think it will unlock everything and the takeover will happen.

Isn't it a chicken and egg situation though. I can't see contracts with ABP being agreed unless or until there is a takeover.

Private Message
Reply: 727 - 1162
GollyGTFC
July 30, 2019, 1:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Isn't it a chicken and egg situation though. I can't see contracts with ABP being agreed unless or until there is a takeover.

There will be because the deal will include the Ice Factory which will be redeveloped into a mini-Printworks (Manchester for those who have never been) as part of the redevelopment of the Docks.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 728 - 1162
Biccys
July 30, 2019, 1:41pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Fair point, but the squad Slade had inherited from Bignot had some fair talent in it which he summarily dismantled. It's no surprise the faithful look on him with disdain when you realise some of the players he shunned and moved on. MJ *seems* to be making a decent squad of players so the fact that he's tried to progress and not regress is why the Town fans hold him in better regards than Slade.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 729 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.