Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Women's World Cup 2023
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AdamHaddock, AdSense, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, AussieMariner, Badger57, Balthazar Bullitt, Barrattstander, bartgtfc, bawarmy, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, Big Jake, bigbadmarinerbob, Bigboy, biggleswademariner, Bignic69, Bigwinn1975, BobbyCummingsTackle, Brazilnut, BrMarin, BruceytheFish, Brummie Codfather, BulkyMariner, C0cky, Cambs Mariner, cannylad65, Captaincod, cardiffmariner, Caveman, Cayman_mariner, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, Civvy at last, cjbill, coddy60, CodHead, Connecticut Mariner, Craigy01, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, Davec, davmariner, DB, denni266, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, drbell, Epworth Mariner, essexexile, EvilFish, FishOutOfWater, forza ivano, Freemoash88, friskneymariner, Gaffer58, Gainsbro_Mariner, GarforthMariner, Geordie Mariner, GhostDan, Gilbertswand, Gill, gobby, golfer, GollyGTFC, Googlebot, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire, Grimsby69, grimsbybrown, gtfc98, gtfc_chris, Gtfcalex, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hacksaw jimmy cook, Hagrid, Hants.Mariner, Harbour Rat, HarrogateMariner, Heisenberg, HertsGTFC, Heswall Mariner, hheh2, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, immariner, ivanosandwich, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jimgtfc, johnbhoy, jonnyboy82, jungleland, kafunanapar140909, kevikov, Knut Anders Fosters Voles, krispy84, Les Brechin, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LN8Mariner, LondonMariner43, louth_in_the_south, lukeo, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, majestic tees, ManBurning, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, mariner chopper, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, Mariner56, Mariner93er, Mariner_501, Marinerdan, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Maringer, Mark GTFC, Martz86, Matthew, Mayaman, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Mikey_345, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, Misterton Mariner, MNH1972, Morph2000, mr b, Nadfink, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, neverapen, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, norfuk mariner, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, out of town, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, Phisch, pontoonlew, Poojah, Posh Harry, Quagmire, rancido, richiedk, RichMariner, Roast Em Bobby, Rob_in_Grimsby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, Saudimariner, ScottyUTM, scott, shaun the sheep, Sigone, skegmariner, smokin joe, sonofmadeleymariner, Southwark Mariner, Spatchcock, Spidey, spikelias, SpiritOf98, SteffiMariner, stevieh, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, supertown, Sussexmariner, sutton mariner, SWMariner, tanga_the_indestructible, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, The Dogs Testicles, The_Laughing_Mariner, thefish, Theimperialcoroner, thespiffing, thevera, tintowner, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, vinno69, WayneBurnettsJockstrap, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, WetFlannel, Withnail, wizbit, WLMariner, wormy, WOZOFGRIMSBY, wuffing, Wyberway, Zmariner and 1225 Guests

Women's World Cup 2023

This thread currently has 17,574 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
August 8, 2023, 3:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from MarinerWY

But in my late teens/early 20s I've certainly made bigger mistakes through losing my cool and made daft split second decisions, both on and off the pitch.  I'm sure most here have too. Its easy done in a competitive environment, which is why it does happen relatively frequently. Footballers aren't some different species.

Haven't we all, but your mistakes (I'm assuming) weren't played out in front of c50 000 in the stadium, several million on the TV and now VAR (mine certainly weren't).

Footballers are not a different species but they have to know that they won't get away with a sly dig like you or I would at Bradley on a windswept Sunday morning. This may be another factor that separates the elite players from the rest, their ability to resist their urge to give an opponent a slap or sly kick.

I can't help but see similarities between the incident yesterday and Beckham kicking out at Simeone in the men's world cup years ago. Let's hope that Ms James learns from it like Beckham did because she looks a bit special. If England do go on to win it she'll have to sit in the stand watching when she knows she could have been on the pitch making herself a legend.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 242
RonMariner
August 8, 2023, 5:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
Kelly should take penalties for the men's team. Hits it like a cannonball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 242
promotion plaice
August 12, 2023, 9:13am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,079
Gold Stars: 200

Bump.

This morning 11:30 England v Columbia (ITV1)

Women's World Cup Quarter-Final.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 242
rancido
August 12, 2023, 9:31am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,654
Gold Stars: 100

Haven't we all, but your mistakes (I'm assuming) weren't played out in front of c50 000 in the stadium, several million on the TV and now VAR (mine certainly weren't).

Footballers are not a different species but they have to know that they won't get away with a sly dig like you or I would at Bradley on a windswept Sunday morning. This may be another factor that separates the elite players from the rest, their ability to resist their urge to give an opponent a slap or sly kick.

I can't help but see similarities between the incident yesterday and Beckham kicking out at Simeone in the men's world cup years ago. Let's hope that Ms James learns from it like Beckham did because she looks a bit special. If England do go on to win it she'll have to sit in the stand watching when she knows she could have been on the pitch making herself a legend.

Am I right in thinking that a decision on the length of her ban will be decided after we play Columbia? If that is the case then that seems so biased and almost a plan to ensure England find it harder to progress any further if we win. If the officials thought it was severe enough to warrant a three match ban then that could have been decided in the time since the incident and not wait until the outcome of our game against Columbia.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 242
Teesknees
August 12, 2023, 9:37am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from rancido

Am I right in thinking that a decision on the length of her ban will be decided after we play Columbia? If that is the case then that seems so biased and almost a plan to ensure England find it harder to progress any further if we win. If the officials thought it was severe enough to warrant a three match ban then that could have been decided in the time since the incident and not wait until the outcome of our game against Columbia.

She's been banned for two games?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 242
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 12, 2023, 12:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Colombia 1-0 up

Similar to Ronaldinho vs Seaman
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 242
Maringer
August 12, 2023, 12:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,673
Gold Stars: 189
Not the best goalkeeping on first viewing, but I suppose we're used to seeing male keepers who are a lot taller.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 242
Maringer
August 12, 2023, 12:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,673
Gold Stars: 189
Now, that was a classic goalkeeping blunder.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 242
benny1618
August 12, 2023, 12:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 2
Very reminiscent of Shilton and Seaman back in the day
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 242
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 12, 2023, 12:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from benny1618
Very reminiscent of Shilton and Seaman back in the day

Or John Oster vs Kevin Pressman

See 1:20

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 242
25 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Women's World Cup 2023

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.