Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 36,804 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 23, 2022, 1:01am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I’m quite horrified that the manager has admitted that he got the last transfer window so badly wrong that he needs to make eight signings now.

If that’s the case, this should be his last opportunity to get it right.

You'd make a good prosecution lawyer, twisting the facts like that.

5 loanees, a drunk and someone who didn't like it up north.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 351
promotion plaice
January 23, 2022, 1:08am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from ginnywings

You'd make a good prosecution lawyer, twisting the facts like that.

5 loanees, a drunk and someone who didn't like it up north.

and a widow twankey, no idea what I'm on about but just thought it would finish it off  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 351
nightrider
January 23, 2022, 1:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Top 5 under restrictions is taking it too far
We were a top 5 club and he was given a competitive budget to get us in the playoffs
We must have been in the top 5 biggest spenders surely regardless of what crap Teflon told us??
Christ we signed some of the best players in the league
Off the top of my head,
Miller, Neilson, Mackreth, Thomas, Bogle, Cook, Hannah, Tait, Marshall would have been on good money for non league
I'd imagine Disley, brown and mckeown, , elding, bignot, doig, Robertson, niven werent playing for peanuts
Some great loan players he was able to sign like Devitt, Naylor, Townshend, antwi

Last season he spunked the cash and if it wasn't for his care free attitude to relegation, were not in a rush, WTF! , we'd still be in the league. Big mistakes were made and we let him loose again for another season.
First job he should have done was to sign the two centre backs imo - we keep hearing (conflicting) he's got money to spend. He keeps signing players. Why not pay them the money because those were two of the best we've had in a long time. No fornicators getting past those two

Then you've got the two in charge who have made it clear they aren't going to spend. One who suggests he isn't a football man and is doing this as some kind of social experiment and the other who has never struck me as the sort whos ever going to put money in but is instead here to look for viable building plots

Anyway I don't care  
See you next season
Rip gtfc

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 351
denni266
January 23, 2022, 6:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 132
We are again having the wool pulled over our eyes ,, if that is the best no 9 out there i give up. like taking a cart horse to the derby . This is worse than when Fenty was in chage. balderdash to this fancy scotch egg and over priced beer thing.  WE WANT A TEAM . NOT A NEARLY TEAM . Most would happily eat a curly cheese sarnie and drink a luke warm coffee to watch a winning team and be happy. If hurst thinks he knows what he is doing god help us he needs to be thrown out by his bollo***s . And as for this not paying for good players because they dont want to upset the other players. well sunshine better players earn more naturally and if you dont like it go shelf packing  or up your game and grow a pair. For me again its back to fishing on a saturday Bet Fenty is laughing his nuts off at us
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 351
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
January 23, 2022, 6:19am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Not quite the right guy but you did make me laugh.

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 351
GollyGTFC
January 23, 2022, 6:44am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,957
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Hagrid

Think its wealdstone at home

But i completely agree

Yes it is.

Hurst needs a good performance from the start next Saturday. Let’s be honest, we’ll probably be well beaten on Tuesday night. A poor performance on Saturday & I imagine it will get quite toxic and uncomfortable for Hurst.

He thought Halifax away was bad in 2016, well he’s on a brink of finding out what it’s really like to have lost the backing of the majority of Town fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 115 - 351
aldi_01
January 23, 2022, 6:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Yes it is.

Hurst needs a good performance from the start next Saturday. Let’s be honest, we’ll probably be well beaten on Tuesday night. A pot performance on Saturday & I imagine it will get quite toxic and uncomfortable for Hurst.

He thought Halifax away was bad in 2016, well he’s on a brink of finding out what it’s really like to have lost the backing of the majority of Town fans.

Town fans may have had a point that day but it was lost the moment the Neanderthals just turned ugly and racist…however much excrement people felt Hurst/players deserved, the only people that came out of that day worse off was the fans. Was an embarrassing moment to be a town fan…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 351
GollyGTFC
January 23, 2022, 7:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,957
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from aldi_01

Town fans may have had a point that day but it was lost the moment the Neanderthals just turned ugly and racist…however much excrement people felt Hurst/players deserved, the only people that came out of that day worse off was the fans. Was an embarrassing moment to be a town fan…

I wasn’t there, but he took offence at being criticised didn’t he? Hence his ear cupping at Wembley.

He never faced the sort of chants that Brian Laws, Slade II, Graham Rodger to a less extent or even Grovesie faced at Oldham.

He might be about to find out what it’s really like.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 117 - 351
lukeo
January 23, 2022, 7:18am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Core.. I can see it now... Grimsby 1-0 Halifax. 90th minute.. Lennel John-Lewis scores.. Paul Hursts cups his ears to the Grimsby fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 351
easypeersy
January 23, 2022, 7:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
I sense now that the majority of the fans are now wanting Hurst gone.
Hopefully the Chairmen will see sense soon ready to for a better season 2022-2023.
A season without negative clueless Hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 351
36 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.