Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 36,550 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
devs
January 23, 2022, 12:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
* awful decision was by Coke (?) on edge of box trying to be Messi... not a referee's decision
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 351
arryarryarry
January 23, 2022, 12:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from male private Nale

And you still haven’t said a name as to who you want to replace him?? Same old bullshit rant but no clear substance...

Come on 13 pages of rants and only one person has posted a possible name as who they think should replace (Limbrick).

So are you going to nail your colours to the mast and say what your plan is , give Dave Moore , Ben Davies , Limbrick or a n other ??? Or are you sticking with there may be a successful manager in leagues below who might fancy a crack at a big club ?

My choice is what TAGG said and approach Limbrick until end of season. If he is willing to take control then relieve Hurst of his duties

Oh for felicitations sake, just how difficult is it for you to understand?

You obviously have never been in a business where you have had to employ someone. To find a replacement you advertise the job and see who wants to be here, how they want to work, do they have the same work ethic as you and what are their objectives and how are they going about to achieve them and what have they actually achieved and how successful they have been.

Far better than just employing an old mate who had been sacked from his last two jobs.

If the previous board had done their job properly we may still be in the EFL.
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 351
LH
January 23, 2022, 12:53pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Even if Hurst was to stay on I’d like to know what the footballing plan is from the board. Are we really just treading water until Fenty’s paid off? Not sure how interested casual fans will be with that idea.
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 351
davmariner
January 23, 2022, 12:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from chaos33

Sorry I’m just struggling to see how this random set of stats is relevant….

He’s full of random and irrelevant comparisons is Golly. I might just compare the second half of the 1912 season to the second half of the 2013 season just to prove a point…

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 351
HertsGTFC
January 23, 2022, 1:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from arryarryarry

You obviously have never been in a business where you have had to employ someone. To find a replacement you advertise the job and see who wants to be here, how they want to work, do they have the same work ethic as you and what are their objectives and how are they going about to achieve them and what have they actually achieved and how successful they have been.

Far better than just employing an old mate who had been sacked from his last two jobs.

100% this, lazy and/or cheap recruitment led to this mess, no due diligence from the board just appointments that suited their one eyed agenda.

Why oh why are we so obsessed with former players, coaches or managers coming back I’ll never know. 🤦‍♂️

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 351
Morris Minor
January 23, 2022, 1:05pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
Why anybody would want to lay out their hard-earned cash to watch this bunch of misfits is beyond me.
2 wins from 14 games are diabolical.
No manager would survive those results except our Mr Hurst.
Still, as long as we keep us shape the fans will be happy.
We are sailing into the Bermuda Triangle and are in danger of disappearing altogether just like the fans will do when they finally wake up and smell the coffee!
Supported GTFC for over 70 years and this is the worse I can remember. We have never been so low in the pyramid as we will end up this season.
No idea, no plan B, not a clue.
Does Chris Doig know where he and the Chuckle Brother is going next? Oh, he'll be the last to know.
Anyway rant over, but things need to change ASAP, following our next defeat at Wrexham. That will be 2 wins from 15 then.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 351
male private Nale
January 23, 2022, 1:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
[quote=142]

And further to your foul mouthed retort , who would you as a town fan / football fan like to see replace him ??? Is it that hard to offer an opinion

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 351
Yoda
January 23, 2022, 1:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
Wrexham will beat us i would get rid of him now you cannot trust him with spending any more cash
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 351
arryarryarry
January 23, 2022, 1:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from male private Nale
[quote=142]

And further to your foul mouthed retort , who would you as a town fan / football fan like to see replace him ??? Is it that hard to offer an opinion

I'm not sure if you are just a urine taker or just frigging dumb, read my post again I said we should look to advertise the position, whoever you think I am, I am not on the board or employed by the club so I can't do that.

That's up to the directors to find out who wants the job. If I did have that luxury I certainly wouldn't have employed the man who took us down.

Private Message
Reply: 178 - 351
male private Nale
January 23, 2022, 1:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm not sure if you are just a urine taker or just frigging dumb, read my post again I said we should look to advertise the position, whoever you think I am, I am not on the board or employed by the club so I can't do that.

That's up to the directors to find out who wants the job. If I did have that luxury I certainly wouldn't have employed the man who took us down.

I am not for one minute thinking you are the decision maker in this process I just thought as a town fan you might offer an opinion on who you would like to see as our replacement for hurst.

It’s fine you want to sit on fence and say advertise it and let the board decide .... nice insight and then 6 months down the line when it fails you can scream I didn’t want him either.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 351
36 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.