Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 28 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 36,787 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
January 23, 2022, 10:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Garth
Can a manager lose confidence in himself as a winner the same as players do, Hurst latest comments show a rattled man trying all sorts of manovours on field to try and scrape a win.
It's time to grasp the nettle, can we do better yes, will we try No

Course they can, leaders have moments of crisis and find or try to, alternatives and different methods…Christ, I looked at the performance management data of my inherited staff team and literally sat for about 20 minutes dumbfounded, it’s hard to fathom when you’ve a record of relative success…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 351
Iknowyoursecret
January 23, 2022, 10:58am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Hurst came back thinking he was a god,shite on many many people in his time and now managers are knocking on Jason’s door.We need promotion not need relegation.Please Jason and Debbie plz sack manager
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 351
chaos33
January 23, 2022, 11:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Jesus, where have you come from? You can’t even construct sentences!

I understand people being angry. I am too. But there’s a lot of bile and abusive content in the thread that just isn’t going to help us turn things round. I’m not advocating Hurst’s sacking - I’m ambivalent, and I can’t join in on calls for the players and manager to be shown how displeased the fans are with verbal abuse, so best I duck out of this for a bit.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 351
Hagrid
January 23, 2022, 11:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Iknowyoursecret
Hurst came back thinking he was a god,shite on many many people in his time and now managers are knocking on Jason’s door.We need promotion not need relegation.Please Jason and Debbie plz sack manager

Can level many things at Paul, but he sure as hell doesnt think he’s “ god”.

I’ve said before he’s a hard working, honest and throughly decent bloke, and thats what upsets me because i wanted this to work for him. He gave me my greatest day as A town fan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 351
GollyGTFC
January 23, 2022, 11:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from 123614

And what proof of this do you have?  A few more posting on here for Hurst out, is not a majority of the fans.  There were 5800 fans at BP on Saturday, so we really must have an enormous number of fans if the majority were not there!

I’m basing that on what I’ve heard at away games in particular and in the Pontoon. You might think so, but the fans are starting to turn on Hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 154 - 351
Iknowyoursecret
January 23, 2022, 11:29am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
I’ll write it better than

When Paul hurst first got the job as manager he did some stirring and a staff member lost their job.
Hardworking my behind doigy does the majority
We need to be out of this league and we are still losing games,games we should not be losing.We need a new manager a quick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 351
GollyGTFC
January 23, 2022, 11:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from GollyGTFC
After 23 games in 2010/11 with Woods as manager we had 35 points. This season we have 36 points.

Woods’ coaching team consisted of him, an assistant, a scout & a club physio.

Hurst has an assistant, a first team coach, a S&C coach, a video analyst, a scout & a first team physio.

Upon reflection from last night I’m 55/45 in favour of him being sacked.

I’ll correct myself slightly…

Woods also had a goalkeeper coach who doubled as kitman. So that’s a staff of 5.

Hurst also has a goalkeeper coach & a full-time kitman. So that’s a staff of 9.

Woth pounting out that Woods only survived another 9 games after that. He picked up another 10 points from those games (2 wins, 4 draws & 3 defeats).

Do we think Hurst can match 45 points from 32 games (what Woods got sacked for)? He’d only need 9 points/a point a game to equal that. But we’re 7 points ftom 11 aren’t we?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 156 - 351
chaos33
January 23, 2022, 11:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Iknowyoursecret
I’ll write it better than

When Paul hurst first got the job as manager he did some stirring and a staff member lost their job.
Hardworking my behind doigy does the majority
We need to be out of this league and we are still losing games,games we should not be losing.We need a new manager a quick.

Yeah massive improvement. 😂

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 351
chaos33
January 23, 2022, 11:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I’ll correct myself slightly…

Woods also had a goalkeeper coach who doubled as kitman. So that’s a staff of 5.

Hurst also has a goalkeeper coach & a full-time kitman. So that’s a staff of 9.

Woth pounting out that Woods only survived another 9 games after that. He picked up another 10 points from those games (2 wins, 4 draws & 3 defeats).

Do we think Hurst can match 45 points from 32 games (what Woods got sacked for)? He’d only need 9 points/a point a game to equal that. But we’re 7 points ftom 11 aren’t we?

Sorry I’m just struggling to see how this random set of stats is relevant….

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 351
psgmariner
January 23, 2022, 11:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
I was stunned we went for him in a relegation dog fight after his career nosedive, I was surprised he was kept on in the summer after failing in his objective of keeping us up and I would personally get rid ASAP. I’ve no idea who should replace him but he’s had 3 transfer windows and every advantage a manger could hope for:

- supportive board
- good budget
- sold out home games
- huge away followings
- already knew the club and staff
- had half a season and the summer to prepare a promotion challenge

Aside from the appalling run of form (which most managers would be sacked for), we’ve ended up with an unbalanced squad with the vast majority out of contract this summer or on loan.

However, I can’t see anything changing till the summer. We don’t look good enough to make the playoffs but it’s not impossible. Surely if we don’t make the playoffs we don’t waste another year with Hurst leading ‘the long term project’?

Private Message
Reply: 159 - 351
36 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.