Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 25 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 36,790 views. Print
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
January 22, 2022, 9:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from HerveJosse

Yes there is because that’s when the players at EFL level which could improve us will be moving

Players on the way down the pyramid will improve us. Great.

You could argue that 3 of Hurst’s best signings this season were players brought in from non-league clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 90 - 351
Croxton
January 22, 2022, 9:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Running like emson

Reductive childish nonsense.

Had a great day at the footy today. Shame about the result .

Must have been drinking 'Sangria in the park'!  Well it was perfect for a while at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 351
GollyGTFC
January 22, 2022, 10:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from heppy88
Just cannot see Stockwood et al being ruthless enough to give Hurst the chop. We won’t be relegated this season and I believe for the owners that will be enough. Hurst will only leave if he can find alternative employment, but surely the chances of that are zilch. So as much as I hate to admit it I fear we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

Have a day off. Stockwood and Pettit didn’t become multi-millionaires by tolerating failure within their businesses. If/when they conclude Hurst isn’t good enough he’ll be gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 92 - 351
pontoonlew
January 22, 2022, 10:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,994
Gold Stars: 171
I’m massively in the Hurst out camp but I accept it’s not going to happen. The owners won’t do it, it remains to be seen if that attitude works long term but I’d say the early signs are that Hurst knowing he’s guaranteed a job is part of the problem.

Hursts record in the past 3 years is utterly garbage and I still think he had a better shot at keeping us up last year than people will ever admit. He failed then, he’s failing now and let’s really face it, he copulated it up for years before getting it right in this league last time.

He’s not the manager some on here think he is and he’s been truly found out now IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 351
Hagrid
January 22, 2022, 10:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from pontoonlew
I’m massively in the Hurst out camp but I accept it’s not going to happen. The owners won’t do it, it remains to be seen if that attitude works long term but I’d say the early signs are that Hurst knowing he’s guaranteed a job is part of the problem.

Hursts record in the past 3 years is utterly garbage and I still think he had a better shot at keeping us up last year than people will ever admit. He failed then, he’s failing now and let’s really face it, he copulated it up for years before getting it right in this league last time.

He’s not the manager some on here think he is and he’s been truly found out now IMO

copulated up for years? No. Disagree. He was working under Severe restrictions and got us consistently top 5.

I’m gutted it hasnt worked for him, give me a Paul Hurst type over Bullshit Holloway/Bignot/Jolley anyday.

But 2 wins in 14, being mocked by Bromley and Halifax is just too much to stomach
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 351
pontoonlew
January 22, 2022, 10:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,994
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Hagrid

copulated up for years? No. Disagree. He was working under Severe restrictions and got us consistently top 5.

I’m gutted it hasnt worked for him, give me a Paul Hurst type over Bullshit Holloway/Bignot/Jolley anyday.

But 2 wins in 14, being mocked by Bromley and Halifax is just too much to stomach

The league back then was much easier than the one we’re presented with now. We so often got to January with a very real chance of winning the league and Hurst messed it up every year, multiple failed play off campaigns (play-offs being a bare minimum) and it’s an unspoken truth how bad we were in the back end of the season we went up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 351
male private Nale
January 22, 2022, 10:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
It’s alright everyone saying Hurst out , but who realistically will people want to come in? Bearing in mind by time anyone was appointed the EFL window will be closed so he has to work with a squad that’s not his ?

I am not a happy clapping Hurst fan and it’s clear to see we are struggling but who we replacing him ? Interested to hear the names ...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 351
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
January 22, 2022, 10:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from male private Nale
It’s alright everyone saying Hurst out , but who realistically will people want to come in? Bearing in mind by time anyone was appointed the EFL window will be closed so he has to work with a squad that’s not his ?

I am not a happy clapping Hurst fan and it’s clear to see we are struggling but who we replacing him ? Interested to hear the names ...

Dale Banton

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 351
Azimuth
January 22, 2022, 11:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from DaleGTFC
Did we think we'd go up this year?

Unfortunately we were always going to have to consolidate this year, we changed our whole team...

Chesterfield are throwing money at it, same with Wrexham, and any money we make goes to our ex Chairman. It'll take a few years for whoever is in charge...

Consolidate or capitulate!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 351
male private Nale
January 22, 2022, 11:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136

Dale Banton

Dilly Tomo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 351
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.