Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 62 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 36,741 views. Print
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 22, 2022, 6:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
He won’t be going anywhere will he.

That’s not to say he shouldn’t but the owners appear content to ‘rebuild’. I’m not sure many of us have such limited ambition.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 351
sydney
January 22, 2022, 6:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
We should have been well up for today after Bromley’s antics in the away game which started this slump
I’m afraid I have moved into this camp now and want a change
but with a warning of be careful what you wish for
Who would we have?
Look at the bad run of managers we have had since he left last time ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 351
sydney
January 22, 2022, 6:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
We should have been well up for today after Bromley’s antics in the away game which started this slump
I’m afraid I have moved into this camp now and want a change
but with a warning of be careful what you wish for
Who would we have?
Look at the bad run of managers we have had since he left last time ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 351
Quagmire
January 22, 2022, 6:29pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from MuddyWaters
He won’t be going anywhere will he.

That’s not to say he shouldn’t but the owners appear content to ‘rebuild’. I’m not sure many of us have such limited ambition.

He's a manager under no pressure whatsoever and he knows it.

He loves this 'long-term' project nonsense.

He failed last season and should never have been allowed to continue - and now he's close to having signed 40 players in just 12 months, of which the vast majority of them are not up to the standard required - and it will be the same again in the summer.

More long-term nonsense, more "give the players time to gel", blah blah blah.

2 wins in 14 is completely unacceptable.

He has to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 351
RonMariner
January 22, 2022, 6:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,634
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from kafunanapar140909
I’m not quite anti-Hurst yet, BUT a lot does depend on our next 7 matches, until the end of Feb. In that time we play 5 of the current bottom 7 teams (with Wrexham and Notts C thrown in). If we win those (as we ought to), then even if Wrexham and Notts beat us we should be well-placed to ultimately consolidate a play-off spot. If we struggle against Wealdstone/King’s Lynn/Aldershot/Southend/Dover then we’d be looking at one hell of a challenge to even get in the play-offs. If a club of our size can’t finish in the top 7 of this league then, regardless of long-term plans, that would be a massive disappointment.

Good point. I think that failure to see off those bottom teams you list  will probably mean we miss out on the playoffs.

In my view getting into the playoffs is make or break for Hurst. If we finish lower than 7th I think he needs to go. He has really done nothing of note results wise since leaving Shrewsbury.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 351
Phil the cod
January 22, 2022, 6:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Before anyone says "keep us shape".......can someone please explain what "us shape" was today? As we got smashed all over by Thier number 19 down that left hand side.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 351
bradzmilne
January 22, 2022, 6:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,400
Gold Stars: 29
My gut feeling at the beginning of the season was that we couldn’t appoint better then Hurst. After not being overly fond of the initial appointment.

I now disagree with this and feel there must be better out there.

Tough times for all involved

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 351
Bomhead
January 22, 2022, 6:39pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -54
Gold Stars: 1
I told Hurst to burn the unlucky  green Goalie kit  but no goalie wears it and we lose again. Should be Hurst and dodgy kit out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 351
DaleGTFC
January 22, 2022, 6:42pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +79
Gold Stars: 2
Did we think we'd go up this year?

Unfortunately we were always going to have to consolidate this year, we changed our whole team...

Chesterfield are throwing money at it, same with Wrexham, and any money we make goes to our ex Chairman. It'll take a few years for whoever is in charge...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 351
Limerick Mariner
January 22, 2022, 6:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,686
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from lukeo
For me IF there's genuinely someone possibly available to us who we 100% believe will improve on PH then I agree. Otherwise im sitting tight just for a few more games.
Admittedly I didn't go today nor do I go often being an exile.

Yes I'm in the same place - I haven't seen the team live enough to feel qualified to comment too much but I think I know that Clifton is our most energetic midfielder - if he's fit he needs to be on the pitch at all times. I also was puzzled with Abrahams starting ahead of Sousa when he'd only had hours with the club. Putting McAtee out wide - I don't get that at all seems a very strange decision with two wingers sitting on the bench. Starting to worry, maybe late to that party compared to those who see every game...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 351
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.