Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 31 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 36,104 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
January 23, 2022, 9:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Funnily enough my abiding memory of Limbrick is him being tactically outwitted by Hurst when Scunny beat us at home. Not the answer for me. We need to be looking at young managers overachieving in this league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 351
pen penfras
January 23, 2022, 9:38am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -138
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from male private Nale

And you still haven’t said a name as to who you want to replace him?? Same old bullshit rant but no clear substance...

Come on 13 pages of rants and only one person has posted a possible name as who they think should replace (Limbrick).

So are you going to nail your colours to the mast and say what your plan is , give Dave Moore , Ben Davies , Limbrick or a n other ??? Or are you sticking with there may be a successful manager in leagues below who might fancy a crack at a big club ?

My choice is what TAGG said and approach Limbrick until end of season. If he is willing to take control then relieve Hurst of his duties

Why do we have to have a replacement in mind to be against the current manager. We're on a horrendous run of form that I can't imagine any other club would keep their manager with, especially as one of the biggest clubs in that division. It's the people who run the club's job to know who is out there and have suitable replacements in mind. But if you think that we should stick with a manager that is on course to give us our worst ever position in the football pyramid having had 3 transfer windows and used every excuse under the sun to detract from the fact that he got us relegated, then I'm absolutely shocked. Hurst has been a total failure this time around and doesn't deserve to be given another summer of 10+ signings to see if he can do better than the garbage he's unearthed so far.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 351
exiledmeggie
January 23, 2022, 9:39am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -226
Gold Stars: 18
I gather that the honeymoon period is over and we creep back to our old favourite verses of:

Sack the …

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 351
Davec
January 23, 2022, 9:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Vance Warner
Funnily enough my abiding memory of Limbrick is him being tactically outwitted by Hurst when Scunny beat us at home. Not the answer for me. We need to be looking at young managers overachieving in this league

That was Holloway wasn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 351
male private Nale
January 23, 2022, 9:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -806
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from Vance Warner

Go on then , name us a couple so I can look at them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 351
mariner91
January 23, 2022, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from male private Nale

Go on then , name us a couple so I can look at them

What is this weird obsession people have that unless you’re able to immediately name a potential successor then you can’t call for the manager’s head? None of us have any idea who would apply for the job or be interested should they be approached about it. Look at the bloke who’s just taken 6 easy points off Hurst. Other than one season at Whitehawk, he only started his management career less than a year ago at the age of 50 but is already likely to move up to L1 because he’s done so well. There is no chance that Bromley fans were calling for him to be given the job last March but in your world that means their former manager shouldn’t have been sacked. Bonkers.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 351
lew chaterleys lover
January 23, 2022, 9:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You seem to have forgotten Hurst’s words that ‘we’re checking out every signing to make sure they’re the right fit for the club’.

That didn’t work, did it?

This attitude is coming from the board.  Must share our values blah blah. Life is not so simple that you can always work with like minded people.

On the playing side we need the best available within reason whether they are a fully paid up subscriber to the Guardian or not.

Hurst looks like a man without a care in the world talking yesterday about bringing in another 3 new faces. How many is that since he came back? To be fair the team he assembled in August was brilliant  - he should have built on that with a couple of really decent/expensive signings but for whatever reason seems to be more interested in changing personnel all the time.
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 351
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2022, 10:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230

This attitude is coming from the board.  Must share our values blah blah. Life is not so simple that you can always work with like minded people.

On the playing side we need the best available within reason whether they are a fully paid up subscriber to the Guardian or not.

Hurst looks like a man without a care in the world talking yesterday about bringing in another 3 new faces. How many is that since he came back? To be fair the team he assembled in August was brilliant  - he should have built on that with a couple of really decent/expensive signings but for whatever reason seems to be more interested in changing personnel all the time.

This is it. Hurst seems under no pressure whatsoever.

I’m hoping we can turn this around but we lost yesterday because of a decision the manager made. Simply not good enough.
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 351
LH
January 23, 2022, 10:06am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I wasn’t there, but he took offence at being criticised didn’t he? Hence his ear cupping at Wembley.

He never faced the sort of chants that Brian Laws, Slade II, Graham Rodger to a less extent or even Grovesie faced at Oldham.

He might be about to find out what it’s really like.

I might be wrong but it might have been a day or two after the spoiled comment. I don’t think it helped that we’d gone 3 down in half an hour on top of that either.
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 351
jamesgtfc
January 23, 2022, 10:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from GollyGTFC
After 23 games in 2010/11 with Woods as manager we had 35 points. This season we have 36 points.

Woods’ coaching team consisted of him, an assistant, a scout & a club physio.

Hurst has an assistant, a first team coach, a S&C coach, a video analyst, a scout & a first team physio.

Upon reflection from last night I’m 55/45 in favour of him being sacked.

And an extra portakabin.

It's a very good point though. I wonder what staff Solihull, Day & Red, Boreham Wood, Bromley and Halifax have assisting their manager?

I'm sick of these short-term signings when we are being told he's building for the future. My patience is wearing thin and if Hurst signs 15+ players again in the summer, I won't be happy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 351
36 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.