Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 36,545 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
January 23, 2022, 10:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
So, all of you Hurst Out people, I’m intrigued to gauge your opinion on something.

The previous majority shareholder used to get criticism for choice of managers, sacking them early, and not sacking them early enough.

My question is this. If Andrew and Jason continue to stand by Paul Hurst, in your opinion and view, does this place a question mark over this aspect of their football club leadership as owners?

For the record, I’m a Hurst In person
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 351
January 23, 2022, 10:17am
Guest User
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Yes it is.

Hurst needs a good performance from the start next Saturday. Let’s be honest, we’ll probably be well beaten on Tuesday night. A poor performance on Saturday & I imagine it will get quite toxic and uncomfortable for Hurst.

He thought Halifax away was bad in 2016, well he’s on a brink of finding out what it’s really like to have lost the backing of the majority of Town fans.

And what proof of this do you have?  A few more posting on here for Hurst out, is not a majority of the fans.  There were 5800 fans at BP on Saturday, so we really must have an enormous number of fans if the majority were not there!
Reply: 141 - 351
buckstown
January 23, 2022, 10:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
Mike Williamson from Gateshead, 47% wins
Kevin Wilkin from Brackley 47% wins
Steve Evans, not a nice man but a serial winner
Russell Penn from Kidderminster
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 351
quebec38
January 23, 2022, 10:29am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
I think the “who do you want to replace him” argument makes no sense. Hurst is the current manager so he is in the firing line and it is right to question his effectiveness as manager. To say people shouldn’t comment on his future without naming a replacement is daft.

If he were to be replaced there are only 2 or 3 people who are going to look at what is or could be available. They will get rid of Hurst in their own time and not the fans’, and they will replace him with their own man and not who the fans are asking for which could be anyone, no matter how ridiculous.

FYI I am all up for a long term project etc but when you can see its not right already, why wait? If we could see the seeds being sewn of a brighter future (on the pitch) then people would be patient, but this is Hurst’s side now and what has he put together in the middle of midfield? Coke and Fox? Nowhere near good enough. He wants a centre forward and has waited and waited for the right one, then plays him on the left when we are stacked for wingers already. Some good ones as well.

The truth is we have a better squad than getting on for 20 sides in this division yet we languish in 10th place. We rely on trying to get 11 players on the pitch better than the opposition and seeing what happens. At home against the weaker sides we usually get the points. When we play any of the handful of stronger sides at home, bar Wrexham, we fail to pick up the win. When we play any of the average sides who look well coached we also fail to win.

Away from home we are looked at as being beatable by every side in the division. We have won 3 from 11.

A better manager would have bolstered the middle of midfield by now and have us somewhere nearer 4th. As it stands we are 5 points from the the last playoff spot which should have been seen as the bear minimum. Yeah you can make up 5 points easily so we could draw this thing out longer and use the usual cliches that there’s still a long way to go etc. I guarantee we won’t make those points up though and make the playoffs because there are at least 7 sides better than us in terms of either playing staff or coaching.
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 351
Garth
January 23, 2022, 10:29am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Phil the cod

Someone who's seems to be avoiding any blame for this predicament we are in is the previous tool who allowed the club to spiral out of the league...

Yes folks our old friend John Shelton Fenty......the twit.

Although I agree with you, I have to add JSF would have axed Hursty by now, the new boys can't handle raw dictatorship
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 351
mariner91
January 23, 2022, 10:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
So, all of you Hurst Out people, I’m intrigued to gauge your opinion on something.

The previous majority shareholder used to get criticism for choice of managers, sacking them early, and not sacking them early enough.

My question is this. If Andrew and Jason continue to stand by Paul Hurst, in your opinion and view, does this place a question mark over this aspect of their football club leadership as owners?

Come back to us when they’ve let the club be a laughing stock for almost two decades whilst regularly embarrassing us with their personal behaviour. Let’s wait until they’re allowing the clubs infrastructure to fall into a state of disrepair and are holding the club to ransom demanding back every penny and more from their own personal failure.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 351
Garth
January 23, 2022, 10:44am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Can a manager lose confidence in himself as a winner the same as players do, Hurst latest comments show a rattled man trying all sorts of manovours on field to try and scrape a win.
It's time to grasp the nettle, can we do better yes, will we try No
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 351
It Bites
January 23, 2022, 10:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,178
Gold Stars: 259
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Define Bullying please
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 351
Abdul19
January 23, 2022, 10:47am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Vance Warner
Funnily enough my abiding memory of Limbrick is him being tactically outwitted by Hurst when Scunny beat us at home. Not the answer for me. We need to be looking at young managers overachieving in this league

Agreed, he only won one more game as caretaker than Neil Woods!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 351
aldi_01
January 23, 2022, 10:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from buckstown
Mike Williamson from Gateshead, 47% wins
Kevin Wilkin from Brackley 47% wins
Steve Evans, not a nice man but a serial winner
Russell Penn from Kidderminster

You had a point until you named Evans who has been sacked from pretty much every job, those he hasn’t been sacked from, he’s wormed his way in to others…mitigating disaster, serial criminal…be better off in touch with Fenty and May…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 351
36 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.