Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 36,820 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Phil the cod
January 23, 2022, 4:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from EY Mariner

If the comment "If we dont think Grimsby Town on our Budget and fanbase should be beating Bromley at home we may as well liquidate" isn't looking down one's nose, then I frankly don't know what is. As I've said, I don't think anyone would argue that our recent form is acceptable. But I don't think ignoring the reality of the position of yesterday's opponents is remotely helpful either.

I think he's got every right to think we should be up there beating teams like Bromley.
The longer people are happy to accept this dross the longer we will be stuck down here. I agree with you about Bromley's league position,bit surely it's acceptable to expect we as a club of our stature should be above these pub teams? It seems like another lifetime ivano bonetti put west Bromwich Albion to the sword and we went top of the championship, 4 league positions below Manchester United!
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 351
GollyGTFC
January 23, 2022, 4:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,972
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from buckstown
When clubs fire managers they don’t need to place adverts, they’re bombarded with applications from every out of work coach.
In my opinion the more proactive owners see what’s coming and identify the replacement before sacking the incumbent.

Robbie Savage said something a couple of months ago on 6-0-6 regarding his role at Macclesfield. He said he’s always looking at his next potential manager because you never know what’s around the corner.

A decent owner would never get caught by surprise when having to appoint a new manager.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 211 - 351
EY Mariner
January 23, 2022, 4:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Phil the cod

I think he's got every right to think we should be up there beating teams like Bromley.
The longer people are happy to accept this dross the longer we will be stuck down here. I agree with you about Bromley's league position,bit surely it's acceptable to expect we as a club of our stature should be above these pub teams? It seems like another lifetime ivano bonetti put west Bromwich Albion to the sword and we went top of the championship, 4 league positions below Manchester United!

I don't think it's a question of accepting anything. Rather, it's a matter of understanding what we are, where we are and the length of the process that may be needed to get us back to the level where we would want to be. We are eight months into the effective rebuilding of our club after a period of enduring pain which means the moment we were top of the second tier is, in my case, now almost literally half my life ago. That isn't the fault of those who are at the club now but of others who went before them and that ought to be remembered first.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 351
Phil the cod
January 23, 2022, 4:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from EY Mariner

I don't think it's a question of accepting anything. Rather, it's a matter of understanding what we are, where we are and the length of the process that may be needed to get us back to the level where we would want to be. We are eight months into the effective rebuilding of our club after a period of enduring pain which means the moment we were top of the second tier is, in my case, now almost literally half my life ago. That isn't the fault of those who are at the club now but of others who went before them and that ought to be remembered first.

I just cannot accept,under any circumstances,how a club like ours with huge attendances in regards of most of the other clubs down here,allows itself to be outcompeted on and off the pitch week in week out.
I will never accept the long term plan bs as this is just a smokescreen  to justify clueless leadership.
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 351
EY Mariner
January 23, 2022, 5:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Phil the cod

I just cannot accept,under any circumstances,how a club like ours with huge attendances in regards of most of the other clubs down here,allows itself to be outcompeted on and off the pitch week in week out.
I will never accept the long term plan bs as this is just a smokescreen  to justify clueless leadership.

Total and utter nonsense. It was clueless leadership that saw us slide into non-league football in the first place and it was clueless leadership that enabled it to happen again. Do you seriously believe that the problems the previous regime left behind can all be resolved in eight months? And what did you seriously expect us to achieve this season in a division where at least half the teams would have had reasonable aspirations of being in the promotion picture before a ball was kicked?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 351
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2022, 5:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,260
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from EY Mariner

Total and utter nonsense. It was clueless leadership that saw us slide into non-league football in the first place and it was clueless leadership that enabled it to happen again. Do you seriously believe that the problems the previous regime left behind can all be resolved in eight months? And what did you seriously expect us to achieve this season in a division where at least half the teams would have had reasonable aspirations of being in the promotion picture before a ball was kicked?

I can’t see how accepting non league football is in any way palatable.

Is our idea of progress to improve off the pitch or on the pitch because, at the minute, it looks like the football is playing second fiddle.
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 351
Phil the cod
January 23, 2022, 5:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from EY Mariner

Your misunderstanding my comments, I'm angry how our once proud and great club,whom every other football clubs supporters had heard of btw has been reduced to being out competed by part time village teams we have down here.
If you think it is acceptable what we witnessed on Saturday,and the last 10 defeats then crack on son, you'll be happy clapping your way to Grantham town for your next massive derby game before we are back where we rightfully belong in the football league.
The manager and half the players aren't up to it,so therefore the people who are in charge at the club need to sort it asap, or we'll be heamoriging fans like there's no tomorrow I can guarantee you that
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 351
dapperz fun pub
January 23, 2022, 5:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,958
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Vance Warner

None of whom took the personal abuse that some on here think is ok to aim at Hurst. The point is he wants what’s best for this club and whilst he might deserve the sack somewhere down the line he doesn’t deserve the vile comments

Personal abuse ? Haven’t seen any on here unless you’re simply referring to fans asking for him to be relieved of his position due to the fact we don’t win many games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 351
HertsGTFC
January 23, 2022, 6:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
22 pages so far, if we get beat on Tuesday do we think this thread could get 100 up by the Wealdstone game?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 351
MuddyWaters
January 23, 2022, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,260
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC
22 pages so far, if we get beat on Tuesday do we think this thread could get 100 up by the Wealdstone game?

Possibly. Because it’s actually quite unbelievable that we’ve gone from looking almost invincible to a run of the mill mid table team.

We look weak, our star player is overplaying and trying to do everything, our best defender is back at his parent club and our most creative midfielder has gone too.
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 351
36 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.