Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 37,017 views. Print
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
bawarmy
January 22, 2022, 9:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Simon
Tell you what though those sausage buns are bloody amazing, I walked home this evening very happy in the knowledge that at least the food has improved my match day experience

If fact I was in such a food coma I didn't realise we had lost again until I put Hullberside on in the car on the way home

The trouble is, food doesn’t win leagues and if this is all the chairman change has improved  then god help us.
Glad you enjoyed it though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 351
Running like emson
January 22, 2022, 9:01pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
What utter rubbish. Seriously. We will not get a better manager than PH at this level. Culture is the most important thing for long term success; at least he and the new owners understand that. Want to take some risks on some bad eggs? Go ahead. But then go and sit on the toilet … and wait for the outcome.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 351
GollyGTFC
January 22, 2022, 9:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Running like emson
What utter rubbish. Seriously. We will not get a better manager than PH at this level. Culture is the most important thing for long term success; at least he and the new owners understand that. Want to take some risks on some bad eggs? Go ahead. But then go and sit on the toilet … and wait for the outcome.

You sure about that. At present it seems like a good 9-10 clubs in this league have a better manager than Paul Hurst based on his current performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 72 - 351
ginnywings
January 22, 2022, 9:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Not a very good list when all 3 of those clubs have appointed a new manager in the last 14 months after sacking someone. And Stockport’s manager came in this season.

How is that steady building? They are all examples of a new manager bringing instant improvement after replacing a perceived failure.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but it still takes time for most clubs to stabilise after a drop down to non league. I said that I am ambivalent to whether PH stays or goes and if it takes a new manager, then so be it, but our track record of trying that has failed many more times than it has succeeded.

Who's to say the new board are any better at picking one than the old board were?

To my mind, IH had left such a poor squad, that last season was a write off and PH started fresh this season, so to expect us to be flying just yet after 20 odd games is unrealistic. Fans expect us just to turn up and beat teams like Bromley because we have more fans than them, but they are a very effective side in this league who know what they are about, and it didn't happen overnight for them.

Past experience has taught me to be wary.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 351
rancido
January 22, 2022, 9:13pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from mariner91

Can you not read? It’s not my job to name anyone, I won’t be choosing them. It’s also not my job to keep an eye on all the possible candidates, I haven’t got the time frankly to closely follow more than one football club. If your argument is that if I personally can’t name someone then there couldn’t possibly be anyone better than a manager with Hurst’s recent record and his career in free fall then we’re royally fcuked aren’t we?

But off the top of my head I would imagine Luke Garrard and Pete Wild of Boreham Wood and Halifax respectively would love a crack at the league with the supporter base and budget that we’ve got. Both have punched above the size of the clubs they are managing at the level we find ourselves at, something Hurst has never done.

I'm sorry but to me that's a cop out. You feel it is ok to say  who you don't want but not your job to say who you do. I don't think the present owners will sack Hurst this season. IMO they will give him another transfer window in the summer and then see what progress is made in the first half of next season. If things don't look good by next November and the gates suffer, then and only then will they consider a change of manager.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 351
Simon
January 22, 2022, 9:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from bawarmy

The trouble is, food doesn’t win leagues and if this is all the chairman change has improved  then god help us.
Glad you enjoyed it though.

Was actually extracting the urine, would rather have a soggy pukka pie and three points every week if you get where i'm going

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 351
Yoda
January 22, 2022, 9:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Next november there will be no fans left at this rate we’ve lost 2000 on 2 months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 351
GollyGTFC
January 22, 2022, 9:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from ginnywings

Yes, I'm aware of that, but it still takes time for most clubs to stabilise after a drop down to non league. I said that I am ambivalent to whether PH stays or goes and if it takes a new manager, then so be it, but our track record of trying that has failed many more times than it has succeeded.

Who's to say the new board are any better at picking one than the old board were?

To my mind, IH had left such a poor squad, that last season was a write off and PH started fresh this season, so to expect us to be flying just yet after 20 odd games is unrealistic. Fans expect us just to turn up and beat teams like Bromley because we have more fans than them, but they are a very effective side in this league who know what they are about, and it didn't happen overnight for them.

Past experience has taught me to be wary.

You say It didn’t happen overnight, but Bromley's manager was appointed 3 months after Hurst returned to GTFC.

Andy Woodman managed the final 13 leagues games last season & won 8, drew 4 and lost just 1. That’s 28 points or 2.15 PPG. They snatched the final play-off place on the last day of the season.

The previous 13 league games prior to his appointment by Bromley had seen them win 5, draw 4 and lose 5. That’s 19 points & 1.46 PPG.

In fact in the 29 league games before Andy Woodman was appointed Bronley won 11, drew 8 & lost 10.

So he took over a team that had lost 10 out of 29 & then lost just 1 of his 13 matches. A remarkable improvement.

And this season he’s on 13-5-5 from 23 league matches. That’s an incredible 21-9-6 from 36 league matches. A 58.3% in percentage and exactly 2 PPG.

You can see why Gillingham want him.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 77 - 351
Northbank Mariner
January 22, 2022, 9:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Macca_D

Wow Curtis Woodhouse 😂 biggest shithouse going spineless little muppet! I'd rather have IH back!

Don't talk like a spanner!...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 351
HertsGTFC
January 22, 2022, 9:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from denni266
Disgusted  The Mighty Bromley do the double with ease over the wimpy mariners . Hurst must have been told he will never be sacked , Our new owners have a lot to learn i am afraid . He  witterd and moaned about not having this and that and when he has it he is still a failure , He needs throwing out the door and fast. If  this is what this window has got us  god help us . We are a shambles end of  

let’s forget Whealdstone have the opportunity to take 6 points from us next weekend.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 351
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.