Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

Hurst Out

This thread currently has 36,788 views. Print
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
January 22, 2022, 6:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from DaleGTFC
Did we think we'd go up this year?

Unfortunately we were always going to have to consolidate this year, we changed our whole team...

Chesterfield are throwing money at it, same with Wrexham, and any money we make goes to our ex Chairman. It'll take a few years for whoever is in charge...

I didnt expect to be 10th in the National League in January having the urine taken out of us by Bromely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 351
gtfc_chris
January 22, 2022, 6:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,466
Gold Stars: 114
After red crossing the comments that seem popular and vice versa I'm no doubt in a minority in thinking

I'm an avid PH fan and I don't think my opinion will be changed on the person because I simply like the guys pragmatism. That said, today has left me thinking that he's a few steps onto the tight rope in terms of his management of GTFC.

The break we had for Covid was his circuit breaker in terms of trying to break the form that went before it. The 1-1 against Halifax was a decent performance without fruit, we've then gone on to lose the return fixture, beat a very poor Altrincham team, perform well in one half against a play off chasing Bromley team and then fall apart and offer little to nothing in the second and ultimately lose it which is the headline of any game.

I'm desperate for PH to succeed given how much I like the guy but there reaches a point where loyalty becomes stretched and you have to question whether he's capable to get us where we want to be, and that's where I'm now at. As someone referenced earlier, the next 7 games are huge for him given that 5 of them should - on paper - see us take the points. Paper and reality are different things but the reality is the form is manager sacking worthy at many clubs and so if he can't manage 15 from 21 in the next 7 games then even the most ardent PH supporters such as myself are clutching at straws to defend him any further.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 351
Hagrid
January 22, 2022, 6:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from gtfc_chris
After red crossing the comments that seem popular and vice versa I'm no doubt in a minority in thinking

I'm an avid PH fan and I don't think my opinion will be changed on the person because I simply like the guys pragmatism. That said, today has left me thinking that he's a few steps onto the tight rope in terms of his management of GTFC.

The break we had for Covid was his circuit breaker in terms of trying to break the form that went before it. The 1-1 against Halifax was a decent performance without fruit, we've then gone on to lose the return fixture, beat a very poor Altrincham team, perform well in one half against a play off chasing Bromley team and then fall apart and offer little to nothing in the second and ultimately lose it which is the headline of any game.

I'm desperate for PH to succeed given how much I like the guy but there reaches a point where loyalty becomes stretched and you have to question whether he's capable to get us where we want to be, and that's where I'm now at. As someone referenced earlier, the next 7 games are huge for him given that 5 of them should - on paper - see us take the points. Paper and reality are different things but the reality is the form is manager sacking worthy at many clubs and so if he can't manage 15 from 21 in the next 7 games then even the most ardent PH supporters such as myself are clutching at straws to defend him any further.

Well i guarentee you we wont beat Wrexham on Tuesday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 351
denni266
January 22, 2022, 6:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Disgusted  The Mighty Bromley do the double with ease over the wimpy mariners . Hurst must have been told he will never be sacked , Our new owners have a lot to learn i am afraid . He  witterd and moaned about not having this and that and when he has it he is still a failure , He needs throwing out the door and fast. If  this is what this window has got us  god help us . We are a shambles end of  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 351
GibMariner
January 22, 2022, 6:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from DaleGTFC
Did we think we'd go up this year?

Unfortunately we were always going to have to consolidate this year, we changed our whole team...

Chesterfield are throwing money at it, same with Wrexham, and any money we make goes to our ex Chairman. It'll take a few years for whoever is in charge...

Why!!!! have the new owners run out of money. Have they actually put any money in the business of the club so far. I think not. Bought shares yes, but no better than what we had but they seem toothless.

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 351
golfer
January 22, 2022, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Needs to get a BIG striker who can throw his weight about. We only look dangerous when Waterfall and Pearson go up for corners or free kicks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 351
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
January 22, 2022, 7:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Were 5 losses away from the most losses weve had at this level, 14 in both our first two seasons down here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 351
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
January 22, 2022, 7:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from gtfc_chris

Absolutely deluded

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 351
dapperz fun pub
January 22, 2022, 7:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Were 5 losses away from the most losses weve had at this level, 14 in both our first two seasons down here

Sadly I think we’ll better that stat we are a shambles anyone saying different is deluded
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 351
Limerick Mariner
January 22, 2022, 7:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Interesting stat - one of significance - if we beat that figure it puts the pressure on  - worst season at this level. On the plus side, even discounting the 700 community tickets doled out we had 5k+ there today, whereas in those two seasons we were down to sub 3k crowds for many games. Let's see how many turn up for the midweek homes games coming up,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 351
36 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Hurst Out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.