Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 175 Guests

We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

This thread currently has 19,526 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
July 21, 2021, 9:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261

I don't know whether you find it difficult to follow arguments, but what I am arguing for is the exact opposite to that.

Grown people should be able to make their own choices in accordance with the current law.

Compare and contrast that with somebody like Bobby Cummings Tackle who fell into the trap of saying people were too flipping thick or selfish and don't give a excrement about others till I pointed out that most Town fans enjoyed the Cleethorpes game without masks or social distancing.

I don’t know whether you find it difficult to read simple statements but the club has ‘encouraged’ people to wear a mask. It is not being enforced. Grown people are being allowed to make their own choices in accordance with the current law.

It’s astonishing that the ones who moan about lefties and snowflakes all the time are the ones perpetually offended or trying their best to find anything to be upset about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 21, 2021, 9:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid

99%?! Not a chance

But i agree with your reasoning, i do tests 3 times a week, i wont wear a mask whilst the game is in progress but walking round the stadium with the high rates in our area i’ll have one on

There are higher rates whilst walking around but not when you are sat down? Does Chris Whitty know?

There will be endless versions of this and other behaviour, from those who refuse to wear a mask in any setting or those who will keep it on all the time. Like I tried to point out at the start, let people decide what they are comfortable with as long as they are acting within the law.  
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 257
Maringer
July 21, 2021, 9:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,495
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from aldi_01
Unless they bother getting tested they’ll probably never know either…

Perhaps so, perhaps not. But a chance that they'll get some sort of an idea when their parents or grandparents, or the immunosuppressed bloke they sit next to at work with starts coughing...

No data available as yet as regards how likely asymptomatic infections are with the Delta variant but, given that the viral load seems so much higher, I'd be surprised if they were as common as with earlier variants. I expect it will become clearer in due course.

There are known examples of fully-vaccinated people infecting others with this variant as well. Something to consider if you don't want to wear a mask and think you're not a risk because you're fully vaccinated. With infection rates as crazily high as they are at present, I'll be continuing to wear masks inside for the foreseeable future, at least until this wave is either brought under control or peters out. Could be a couple of months yet and I imagine I'll probably not be going to the first few matches of the season. I'm trying my best to avoid my young children and parents catching it so wouldn't want to get it then pass it on to them. Better safe than sorry.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 21, 2021, 9:24am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

I don’t know whether you find it difficult to read simple statements but the club has ‘encouraged’ people to wear a mask. It is not being enforced. Grown people are being allowed to make their own choices in accordance with the current law.

It’s astonishing that the ones who moan about lefties and snowflakes all the time are the ones perpetually offended or trying their best to find anything to be upset about.

They want you to wear a mask that is why you were encouraged to do so. Just to reinforce the message they also said proof of vaccination or a negative test were not needed at this stage.

It is no business of theirs whether people use a mask or not under the current law. People like Bobby Cummings Tackle will be thinking anybody unmasked at the game is a flipping thick selfish so and so which is obviously nonsense.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 257
Hagrid
July 21, 2021, 9:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,392
Gold Stars: 534

There are higher rates whilst walking around but not when you are sat down? Does Chris Whitty know?

There will be endless versions of this and other behaviour, from those who refuse to wear a mask in any setting or those who will keep it on all the time. Like I tried to point out at the start, let people decide what they are comfortable with as long as they are acting within the law.  

I sit with my family members.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 21, 2021, 9:31am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Perhaps so, perhaps not. But a chance that they'll get some sort of an idea when their parents or grandparents, or the immunosuppressed bloke they sit next to at work with starts coughing...

No data available as yet as regards how likely asymptomatic infections are with the Delta variant but, given that the viral load seems so much higher, I'd be surprised if they were as common as with earlier variants. I expect it will become clearer in due course.

There are known examples of fully-vaccinated people infecting others with this variant as well. Something to consider if you don't want to wear a mask and think you're not a risk because you're fully vaccinated. With infection rates as crazily high as they are at present, I'll be continuing to wear masks inside for the foreseeable future, at least until this wave is either brought under control or peters out. Could be a couple of months yet and I imagine I'll probably not be going to the first few matches of the season. I'm trying my best to avoid my young children and parents catching it so wouldn't want to get it then pass it on to them. Better safe than sorry.

That is what I am arguing for. If you feel unsafe, don't go, but let others enjoy the freedoms allowed by law if they want to, and don't judge people by whether they are wearing a mask in an outdoor setting.
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 21, 2021, 9:33am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

I sit with my family members.

Do you have a very large family that occupy the rows in front and behind and to the side? Are you going to ask all of them to wear a mask, or to give proof of a negative test? The whole thing is a nonsense.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 257
Maringer
July 21, 2021, 9:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,495
Gold Stars: 185
I'll accept their right to not wear a mask during this big surge in infections, but I'll also reserve the right to think they are selfish arses if they do so. Putting a minor inconvenience to yourself ahead of the health of others is pretty reprehensible, in my view.

Obviously, I don't believe all the anti-vaxx, anti-mask, anti-lockdown, GBD stuff propagated by many dodgy characters on social media, so I realise the viewpoints of others who lap up that bullshit may differ.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 257
EvilFish
July 21, 2021, 9:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +597
Gold Stars: 52
I'll be wearing a mask because you all f'cking stink, quite frankly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 21, 2021, 10:14am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
I'll accept their right to not wear a mask during this big surge in infections, but I'll also reserve the right to think they are selfish arses if they do so. Putting a minor inconvenience to yourself ahead of the health of others is pretty reprehensible, in my view.

Obviously, I don't believe all the anti-vaxx, anti-mask, anti-lockdown, GBD stuff propagated by many dodgy characters on social media, so I realise the viewpoints of others who lap up that bullshit may differ.

So you think that all the Town fans maskless at Cleethorpes are selfish arses? It is not a true characterisation, is it?
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 257
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.