Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 182 Guests

We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

This thread currently has 19,525 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
July 20, 2021, 1:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I'm happy to be given the option, it makes it my choice and decision either way which feels right.

It may have been mentioned earlier on in the thread but having mask wearing as an option could provide our former Board members with the opportunity to attend games, not even they would have the front to turn up undisguised, or maybe they would.  

Joking aside…are you expecting any of them to attend a town game again, especially now there’s no free excrement on offer…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 257
toontown
July 20, 2021, 1:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from pen penfras

If vaccinating 70% of the population hasn't slowed down the spread, which it doesn't really seem to have, plus people being infected twice and post vaccination, then I'm not sure how infection rates will ever drop. Best we can hope for is that it just becomes a flu type illness now that we've got exposure to it and can carry on as normal.

The NHS needs a lot of money pumping into it to deal with the backlog and increased demand from covid. Taxes need to rise, but nobody will be happy with that.

Only just over 50% of the population has been vaccinated (received both jabs). You might be getting mixed up with the proportion of adults vaccinated which is about 2/3 I think.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 257
Maringer
July 20, 2021, 1:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,495
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from pen penfras

If vaccinating 70% of the population hasn't slowed down the spread, which it doesn't really seem to have, plus people being infected twice and post vaccination, then I'm not sure how infection rates will ever drop. Best we can hope for is that it just becomes a flu type illness now that we've got exposure to it and can carry on as normal.

The NHS needs a lot of money pumping into it to deal with the backlog and increased demand from covid. Taxes need to rise, but nobody will be happy with that.

70% would probably have done the job with Alpha and infections were dropping massively before Delta was let in to spread with a cheery wave. Delta is a lot, lot more infectious than previous variants, even Alpha. Approximately 2.5 times as infectious as the original virus out of Wuhan if the data is correct.

'Herd immunity' for Delta is likely to require around 85% of the population to have good resistance to the virus, either through vaccination of infection (the government's preferred route). We're nowhere near that level yet with tens of millions still vulnerable. Hopefully, the strong protection afforded by the vaccines against serious illness will be quite long-lived in the elderly, even as risk of infection rises back up as antibody levels fall. Still to be determined.

In comparison, Measles is even more infectious than Delta and requires 93 to 95% of the population to have protection to obtain herd immunity. Luckily, the Measles vaccines provide sterilising immunity so this isn't a problem in the Western world except in places where the Anti-vaxx idiots have gained a toehold. It would be nice if we could get a Covid vaccine which provided sterilising immunity, but that doesn't seem likely in the near future at least.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 257
DB
July 20, 2021, 1:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Hagrid
Christ another typical OTT Reaction from you

If someone wants to continue to wear a mask so be it

If someone does not wish too so be it

The club are not making it compulsory, get on with your life the way you want to live it and allow others to do the same

Having read all 62 posts, so far, I think Hagrid has summed up the situation perfectly.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 257
rancido
July 20, 2021, 1:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
It's all down to "personal responsibility", something which is sadly lacking these days.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 257
Maringer
July 20, 2021, 2:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,495
Gold Stars: 185
The question is, what's more important to you - your freedom not to wear a mask, or the freedom of the person sitting next to you not to become infected if your are unknowingly carrying the virus?

'Freedom Day' was about the first type of freedom with no thought about the second.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 257
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 20, 2021, 2:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
According to reliable political commentators.....

Internal Conservative Party polling showed that the party's core voters and (more importantly) the Brexit supporting Northern constituencies that had recently voted in Conservative MPs for the first time would not accept continued restrictions and new lockdowns are absolutely unacceptable.

If Johnson didn't 'release' things he was facing an internal revolt and probably the end of his premiership.

That is what 'Freedom Day' is about.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 257
supertown
July 20, 2021, 3:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,441
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Do you honestly think the season will pass without fans being banned from attending at some point?

Patrick Vallance said today that 40% of hospitalisations are vaccinated people which to me, means that those vaccines we were assured would put an end to all of this, won't put an end to all of this.

It will be interesting to see what happens to admissions and deaths over the next few weeks but don't hold your breath on being able to attend all 22 home games.

Who said that ? All I’ve ever heard is the opposite and that it would heavily reduce hospital admissions and deaths . Which at the moment t seems to be correct
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 257
HertsGTFC
July 20, 2021, 3:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01

Joking aside…are you expecting any of them to attend a town game again, especially now there’s no free excrement on offer…

I'd be surprised if they did to be honest.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 257
Brough Mariner
July 20, 2021, 3:14pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +35
As we’ve all seen from this thread, it doesn’t take long before the whole mask argument turns divisive.

Ultimately a few weeks down the line it’ll become even more so, with those wearing masks being the bastions of morality and those that don’t being knuckle dragging morons.

For me, I respect each person’s opinion irrespective of their belief structure but until all restrictions are lifted and that includes ‘being encouraged’ etc, I’ll be keeping my money in my pocket and listening on hullberside.

It’s not a decision I take lightly, but I’m not willing to be a pawn in a government policy, the only aim being to to put one against another, divide and conquer whilst they rule.

"There are two types of women in the world, those who charge for blow jobs and those who don't. In my experience, those who don't end up costing you more money in the long run." Charlie Sheen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 257
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.