Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 193 Guests

We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

This thread currently has 19,495 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 21, 2021, 5:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,244
Gold Stars: 295

I don’t mind going knuckle deep up my nose because I spend most of my downtime with my finger jammed up there but the throat sample is very difficult to swab. My tongue and throat are so sensitive that anything further than the umami part of my tongue map makes me gag like a super injunction.

The professionals go much deeper. The portakabins at arrivals in Madeira Airport are like scenes from Deepthroat.

I have so many questions........

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 21, 2021, 6:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from DB

Quoted from Hagrid
Christ another typical OTT Reaction from you

If someone wants to continue to wear a mask so be it

If someone does not wish too so be it

The club are not making it compulsory, get on with your life the way you want to live it and allow others to do the same

I've now read 128 posts and I still think there is none other that is better.

We all have a choice and everybody should respect each other's choice.

If you have read every one you will have seen that it is anything BUT respect for each others choice! I said in the opening post that anybody who "wants to wear a mask in an outdoor setting let them" but far too many posters have been scathing at anybody who may not want to wear a mask.

Our fans at the Cleethorpes match were called all the names under the sun for daring to do as the law allows. These are normal people who went to a game and enjoyed it, and their only "crime" was not to wear a mask. If those same people are sat next to, behind or in front of some posters on here when the season starts, and they again are not wearing a mask will they have the cheek to mention it ?

All of us have followed every rule, every government directive but you have NEVER have had to wear a face mask outdoors. We are talking about football, in the open air, outside. There never has been any requirement to wear a mask in those circumstances.

I just don't understand, given it never has been a requirement to wear a mask outside, why the club brought it up particularly in view of the Cleethorpes game when they saw very few masks and the fact that all restrictions had been lifted anyway. Why highlight a problem that was not there??

Like Maringer said, if anybody is that worried they wont go, which is sad for them but entirely understandable.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 257
wigworld
July 21, 2021, 7:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Hagrid
Well i know who is getting twit Of the Week this week

Ladbrokes have stopped taking bets on it.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 132 - 257
Stadium
July 21, 2021, 7:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

If you have read every one you will have seen that it is anything BUT respect for each others choice! I said in the opening post that anybody who "wants to wear a mask in an outdoor setting let them" but far too many posters have been scathing at anybody who may not want to wear a mask.

Our fans at the Cleethorpes match were called all the names under the sun for daring to do as the law allows. These are normal people who went to a game and enjoyed it, and their only "crime" was not to wear a mask. If those same people are sat next to, behind or in front of some posters on here when the season starts, and they again are not wearing a mask will they have the cheek to mention it ?

All of us have followed every rule, every government directive but you have NEVER have had to wear a face mask outdoors. We are talking about football, in the open air, outside. There never has been any requirement to wear a mask in those circumstances.

I just don't understand, given it never has been a requirement to wear a mask outside, why the club brought it up particularly in view of the Cleethorpes game when they saw very few masks and the fact that all restrictions had been lifted anyway. Why highlight a problem that was not there??

Like Maringer said, if anybody is that worried they wont go, which is sad for them but entirely understandable.

They never referenced wearing a face covering outdoors.
The government has "advised " the continued use which is a personal preference.
Did you expect the club to say nothing or carry the government line?
Maybe ask the local MP to express his thoughts on the statement?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 257
Northbank Mariner
July 21, 2021, 7:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
So what I want to know is....are you seeing a mask or not Lew???🤔🤭
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 257
aldi_01
July 21, 2021, 8:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Stadium

Anyone seen our local MPs over the last year?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 21, 2021, 8:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Stadium

ALL restrictions have been lifted. Whether you agree with it or not, the fact remains that for the moment at least all covid restrictions have been lifted. On that basis, the club did not have to make a statement, encouraging people to wear face masks, did they? They are entirely free to go indoors, or outdoors, mask free apart from one or two exceptional circumstances just as they are entirely free to go anywhere they like with a mask on. Obviously going to a non-league footy match is not one of the exceptional circumstances.

Thank you for your patience, and you will be pleased to know this is my final post on this particular thread as I have got to go and take my medications.
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 257
MuddyWaters
July 21, 2021, 9:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235

ALL restrictions have been lifted. Whether you agree with it or not, the fact remains that for the moment at least all covid restrictions have been lifted. On that basis, the club did not have to make a statement, encouraging people to wear face masks, did they? They are entirely free to go indoors, or outdoors, mask free apart from one or two exceptional circumstances just as they are entirely free to go anywhere they like with a mask on. Obviously going to a non-league footy match is not one of the exceptional circumstances.

Thank you for your patience, and you will be pleased to know this is my final post on this particular thread as I have got to go and take my medications.

Given that the messages from HM Government are both vague and indecisive, it’s no surprise that no one really knows what they’re supposed to do. That said, it would be great if everyone would be sympathetic to each other’s wishes and allow people to conduct their lives in the way they see fit.
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 257
Croxton
July 21, 2021, 10:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Most of the crowd at The Oval tonight would be in Lew's camp I guess. Ten thousand including loads of superspreading kids singing, dancing and cheering a fine game of women's cricket. Perhaps those who had the Covid NHS App deleted it? Made the Cleethorpes crowd seem a sideshow.

The transition to 'personal responsibility' will throw up loads of contradictions and whataboutery. I was at Cleethorpes and wore a mask through the turnstile and at the bogs. I would have worn one all game if that was a condition of a seat in the shade.

Band Q today asked me to consider others by wearing a mask and keeping my distance. Everyone did. Ditto my local Tesco but it won't last long if the nudging stops. The infection rates in N.E. Lincs. have been raging recently and perhaps the launch of the Fanzone area this weekend may be problematic. No disrespect to you young 'uns but I'll be the old loner sipping a half of Dock's by the gate.

Still planning to go to Bromley but some of the lowest jab rates in London are not far away.
I've no issue with Town's statement and would expect most businesses in N.E. Lincs to take a cautious line for a few weeks yet.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 257
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 22, 2021, 9:56am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,244
Gold Stars: 295
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Given that the messages from HM Government are both vague and indecisive, it’s no surprise that no one really knows what they’re supposed to do. That said, it would be great if everyone would be sympathetic to each other’s wishes and allow people to conduct their lives in the way they see fit.

I'm afraid that that horse bolted a long time ago. The idea of people being left alone to live their lives the way they see fit is now a pipedream.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 257
26 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.