Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 257 Guests

We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

This thread currently has 19,492 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
July 19, 2021, 10:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190

My understanding from the studies into pandemic suicide rates in the UK is that there has been a drop in suicide rates, if anything.

Historically, difficult periods such as war or disease tend to lead to less people taking their own life. People are more likely to commit suicide when they see the rest of society prospering.

Long term suicide rates are likely to be go up because of further pressures on funding social care etc.

Fair enough, I don't know if it's because I'm more aware of it now or what but I do seem to have read about it lot more and knowing people who know those that have committed suicide over the last 18 months. I've also noticed the last few months that a lot of long-term relationships and marriages seem to have broken down.

Again, not a study I've read, just an observation I've seen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 257
GrimRob
July 19, 2021, 10:37pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Don't need to wear one all the time. Not when you are in your seat, but half time on the toilet/refreshments visit would seem sensible.

Restrictions probably will be ramped up at some point but outdoor football matches will be down the pecking order I reckon, especially non-league ones.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 257
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 19, 2021, 10:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Fair enough, I don't know if it's because I'm more aware of it now or what but I do seem to have read about it lot more and knowing people who know those that have committed suicide over the last 18 months. I've also noticed the last few months that a lot of long-term relationships and marriages seem to have broken down.

Again, not a study I've read, just an observation I've seen.

Yes. I agree with you that post pandemic mental health problems are likely to grow into an even greater issue than they were pre-pandemic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 257
KingstonMariner
July 19, 2021, 10:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Do you honestly think the season will pass without fans being banned from attending at some point?

Patrick Vallance said today that 40% of hospitalisations are vaccinated people which to me, means that those vaccines we were assured would put an end to all of this, won't put an end to all of this.

It will be interesting to see what happens to admissions and deaths over the next few weeks but don't hold your breath on being able to attend all 22 home games.

I think the actual claim by the experts was that it is the best tool we have. Not that it will end it. Politicians like Johnson have been claiming it will put an end to it. He’s oversold it.

The reason 40% of hospitalisations are for people who have been vaccinated is because the overwhelming majority of older people have been vaccinated. And the risk of getting seriously ill rise exponentially with age. An otherwise healthy 60 year old is 30 times more at risk than at risk than a healthy 20 year old. Getting double-jabbed reduces your risk to a 20th. So that vaccinated 60 year old  is still 1.5 times as likely to be hospitalised as the unvaccinated 20 year old is.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 257
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 19, 2021, 10:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
When did wearing a mask help you get 3 points on a Saturday

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 257
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 19, 2021, 10:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Politicians like Johnson have been claiming it will put an end to it. He’s oversold it.

“Me? The 13th Duke of de Pfeffelpiffle? Here? In a sixth form girl's dormitory? At three o'clock in the morning? With my reputation? What were they thinking of?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 257
KingstonMariner
July 19, 2021, 10:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

“Me? The 13th Duke of de Pfeffelpiffle? Here? In a sixth form girl's dormitory? At three o'clock in the morning? With my reputation? What were they thinking of?”

You should write for Dead Ringers 😆

Wah wah!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 257
Harry Haddock
July 20, 2021, 12:57am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
The way I see it is, lots of businesses are now saying you are "encouraged" to wear a mask, because they would like you to do so but they can no longer enforce it. Just because the PM makes stupid decisions, it doesn't we all have to.

If it means protecting fellow Mariners, I'll be happy to wear one

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 257
GYinScuntland
July 20, 2021, 2:06am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
I wonder how long it will be until it's against the rules to wear a mask in your local branch of Lloyds bank.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 257
Grimsby2012
July 20, 2021, 3:31am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22

Remember there will be staff and fellow fans who may not have had their second jab or, like me, won’t be fully protected from the second dose yet.

Plus not all of Blundell Park is outdoors.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the statement "Fully protected" incorrect?

You can still get covid with both jabs

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 257
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.