Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 200 Guests

We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

This thread currently has 19,497 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 23, 2021, 4:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,253
Gold Stars: 295
Quoted from Civvy at last
With regard to mask policy. The fact is that the government are doing what the vast majority of this country want them to do.
The usual empty vessels are making the most noise.

I hate wearing a mask.  However, I will wear one tomorrow whilst queuing for match/bar/toilets etc. My view is that if it makes those more cautious than me (no right or wrong there)  feel better, then I’ll do it. I’m looking forward to tomorrow. And if wearing a mask for a little while means others can enjoy it too then so be it.
UTM

I agree with you 100% but they're not doing what the majority want! Both the Office for National Statistics and YouGov have run surveys/polls that show consistently that people believe masks are good for public health and that they will continue to wear one. I'm simplifying a number of surveys/polls that asked a range of questions. Sorry again to introduce data into the thread.

I think the government is listening to it's internal stakeholders, it's donors and the vocal minority within it's own party ranks who are obsessed with what they perceive as freedom.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 257
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 23, 2021, 4:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,253
Gold Stars: 295
Quoted from aldi_01

I mean if you want mansplaining it can be arranged  

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....

Is your dad bigger than my dad?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 257
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 23, 2021, 5:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

I agree with you 100% but they're not doing what the majority want! Both the Office for National Statistics and YouGov have run surveys/polls that show consistently that people believe masks are good for public health and that they will continue to wear one. I'm simplifying a number of surveys/polls that asked a range of questions. Sorry again to introduce data into the thread.

I think the government is listening to it's internal stakeholders, it's donors and the vocal minority within it's own party ranks who are obsessed with what they perceive as freedom.

Are you sure? When we see film and photo of big maskless crowds they look young to me, hardly Tory fodder. And then of course we have the conspiracy theorists led by Corbyn’s brother. Another point, neither I nor anyone I know has been polled on any Covid or mask issue. So who is?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 257
Stadium
July 24, 2021, 3:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
I see the club has put out a statement saying the above under the guise of health and safety.

If anybody is that worried to wear a mask in an outdoor setting then let them, but why are the rest of us being encouraged?

All they have done is sow the seeds of doubt that here we go again, another season that will be different / disrupted.

From the photographs in the GT it looks like most were mask less.
Rather a waste of time even discussing it in the first place.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 24, 2021, 3:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,700
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Stadium

From the photographs in the GT it looks like most were mask less.
Rather a waste of time even discussing it in the first place.

Fancy that.

3000 selfish illegitimates who don't give a toss about anybody else (according to most on this thread).

It was blindingly obvious nobody would wear a mask outside, so why the club had to encourage something we would ignore is anybody's guess.
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 257
Stadium
July 24, 2021, 4:04pm
Champagne Drinker

Fancy that.

3000 selfish illegitimates who don't give a toss about anybody else (according to most on this thread).

It was blindingly obvious nobody would wear a mask outside, so why the club had to encourage something we would ignore is anybody's guess.

Sigh.
So after page after page you haven't realised it was a government communication for people to take personal responsibility?
Try looking around at other clubs,the advice is strikingly similar.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 257
Grantley
July 24, 2021, 4:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Hopefully we can end this debate so we can get back to talking about people who booed the knee today.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 257
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 24, 2021, 5:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from Grantley
Hopefully we can end this debate so we can get back to talking about people who booed the knee today.

Well for a change I sat in the Pontoon and heard no booing just applause so not sure if it was the same throughout the ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 257
AussieMariner
July 24, 2021, 5:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Well for a change I sat in the Pontoon and heard no booing just applause so not sure if it was the same throughout the ground.

There was a bloke in front of me in the lower who booed but he was pretty much on his own
I heard him trying justify it to someone afterwards - all a bit pathetic tbh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 257
Stadium
July 24, 2021, 6:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from AussieMariner

There was a bloke in front of me in the lower who booed but he was pretty much on his own
I heard him trying justify it to someone afterwards - all a bit pathetic tbh

Didn't someone say it would be widespread booing & opposition when the fans returned (which is everybody's right by by the way)?
Bad week,GB news failure & a car crash thread around the non issue on masks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 257
26 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.