Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 208 Guests

We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

This thread currently has 19,533 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
July 20, 2021, 7:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236

The inherent problem is that for everyone who can take responsibility for their own actions and act for (generally) the common good there is someone else who is too f*cking thick or selfish to consider the implications of their actions if they don't act for the common good. They don't give a sh*t that their actions could lead to someone else catching Covid because that has nothing to do with them.

There are some rather wild accusations flying about there!

Does that apply to nearly all the Town fans last week, presumably including a number of posters on here?

Have a look at the highlights of the Cleethorpes Town match.

People crammed around the pitch perimeter and not a mask in sight. Zero social distancing.

That of course is the real world, with real fans just enjoying a day out, just like they will at BP when the season kicks off.

Private Message
Reply: 80 - 257
arryarryarry
July 21, 2021, 12:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I have just been in a supermarket and some people were wearing masks and some people weren't and nobody seemed to be judging anyone else. Pretty dull but there you go.

Sadly that's been the case even when masks should have been worn.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 257
gtfc98
July 21, 2021, 2:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
I see the club has put out a statement saying the above under the guise of health and safety.

If anybody is that worried to wear a mask in an outdoor setting then let them, but why are the rest of us being encouraged?

All they have done is sow the seeds of doubt that here we go again, another season that will be different / disrupted.

stop being such a baby FFS.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 257
aldi_01
July 21, 2021, 5:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from arryarryarry

Sadly that's been the case even when masks should have been worn.

Indeed it has and it’s barely had an effect.

The Clee Town game was good for so many reasons, aside from being back at football for the first time for many, it was the fact it was normal. Queuing for a beer, no masks, no social distancing, people embracing, people talking about normal excrement, decent weather and just people seemingly having a good time…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 257
Maringer
July 21, 2021, 7:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Let's hope that nobody picked up an infection in those queues. Prevalence in the area is high enough (1 in 100 or thereabouts) that there will most likely have been a small number of people there who were  infected, probably unknowingly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 257
aldi_01
July 21, 2021, 7:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Unless they bother getting tested they’ll probably never know either…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 257
Davec
July 21, 2021, 8:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
I've come to a decision, I will not be wearing a mask at Grimsby games, instead I will take a lateral flow test on the morning of the game which are 99% accurate according to the government and if that comes back as negative then I will attend the game as normal not wearing a mask, obviously if it comes back as positive I will self isolate immediately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 257
pen penfras
July 21, 2021, 8:34am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
It's basically brexit all over again. 2 groups of people with the irony that the liberals want the side with more rules and the not so liberals want 'freedom', which mainly seems to be about complaining rather than any actual problem.

If you are in the people should wear a mask camp, then wear an FFP3 mask and protect yourself and others properly. Let the others get on with it. No need to argue, those that care have done their part and have no reason to get drunk off at the selfishness of others because there are masks that actually protect the person wearing them.

But the main factor is that people just want to argue about something. Both sides claiming the moral high ground and thinking the other side are morons, when in reality, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 257
Hagrid
July 21, 2021, 8:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Davec
I've come to a decision, I will not be wearing a mask at Grimsby games, instead I will take a lateral flow test on the morning of the game which are 99% accurate according to the government and if that comes back as negative then I will attend the game as normal not wearing a mask, obviously if it comes back as positive I will self isolate immediately.

99%?! Not a chance

But i agree with your reasoning, i do tests 3 times a week, i wont wear a mask whilst the game is in progress but walking round the stadium with the high rates in our area i’ll have one on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 21, 2021, 9:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from gtfc98

stop being such a baby FFS.

I don't know whether you find it difficult to follow arguments, but what I am arguing for is the exact opposite to that.

Grown people should be able to make their own choices in accordance with the current law.

Compare and contrast that with somebody like Bobby Cummings Tackle who fell into the trap of saying people were too flipping thick or selfish and don't give a excrement about others till I pointed out that most Town fans enjoyed the Cleethorpes game without masks or social distancing.

Private Message
Reply: 89 - 257
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.