Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 167 Guests

We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

This thread currently has 19,532 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 24, 2021, 6:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I don’t know but human nature about not wanting to spoil Macca’s day might have something to do with people’s response today.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 24, 2021, 9:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Stadium

[/b]

Sigh.
So after page after page you haven't realised it was a government communication for people to take personal responsibility?
Try looking around at other clubs,the advice is strikingly similar.

I am sorry to the labour the point but I am not sure what you are getting at.

The club put out a statement to its fans, encouraging them to behave in a certain way. I am a fan and said they had made a mistake because it was obvious people would not wear masks outside and neither was it a requirement under the current guidelines.  I said anybody can wear a mask if they wanted to, but why encourage others when it was obviously futile. What I meant was people will decide for themselves what to do. I am not concerned about what other companies may do to tick a box that did not need ticking.

As is their right, posters vehemently argued that I was wrong, and that fans would indeed wear masks to protect other people and that I should not be selfish with a few expletives thrown in for good measure. The 99% of maskless fans there today weren't being selfish, they were enjoying the football mask free whilst appreciating the tiny risk they were taking; they are grown-ups and would have known that anybody who really was that worried about covid would not have gone to the game.

We have all seen the photos from today. Not a mask in sight, just as I said. I was proved correct, and my detractors were wrong. I did not expect all this fuss as I thought I was making a valid point but have repeatedly tried to explain the practical and logical position that the club did not need to issue such guidance which was quite unnessesary.  
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 257
Stadium
July 24, 2021, 10:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

The club put out a statement to its fans, encouraging them to behave in a certain way. I am a fan and said they had made a mistake because it was obvious people would not wear masks outside and neither was it a requirement under the current guidelines.  I said anybody can wear a mask if they wanted to, but why encourage others when it was obviously futile. What I meant was people will decide for themselves what to do. I am not concerned about what other companies may do to tick a box that did not need ticking.

As is their right, posters vehemently argued that I was wrong, and that fans would indeed wear masks to protect other people and that I should not be selfish with a few expletives thrown in for good measure. The 99% of maskless fans there today weren't being selfish, they were enjoying the football mask free whilst appreciating the tiny risk they were taking; they are grown-ups and would have known that anybody who really was that worried about covid would not have gone to the game.

We have all seen the photos from today. Not a mask in sight, just as I said. I was proved correct, and my detractors were wrong. I did not expect all this fuss as I thought I was making a valid point but have repeatedly tried to explain the practical and logical position that the club did not need to issue such guidance which was quite unnessesary.  

Trying looking again at the photographs.
Some people did wear them,some didn't.
Personal choice as explained many times.
The club is following government guidance like many others by issuing the statement.
Why you need to keep trying to prove a point I don't really know?
I'm pretty sure anyone who attended took a personal choice, had a great day & wasn't remotely bothered by the clubs statement.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 257
mariner91
July 24, 2021, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261

Gosh you're self-important and dull.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 257
Rodley Mariner
July 24, 2021, 10:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177

You really showed those imaginary people giving you imaginary grief that you've been banging on about all week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 257
Abdul19
July 24, 2021, 11:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,560
Gold Stars: 216
Needless to say, you had the last laugh.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 257
HertsGTFC
July 24, 2021, 11:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228

Fancy that.

3000 selfish illegitimates who don't give a toss about anybody else (according to most on this thread).

It was blindingly obvious nobody would wear a mask outside, so why the club had to encourage something we would ignore is anybody's guess.

⬆️ A post that illustrates why many people think the Fishy is full of small minded ignorance, I’m no Oxbridge graduate but I wore a mask as I’ve had COVID and despite being vaccinated I thought it was the right thing to do.

I also heard “supporters” booing when the players took the knee. It came from the set of w@nkers who sit 4/5 rows up in the Upper between seats 10 - 29 who often embarrass the club on away trips and constantly offer out away support from their seats 30 ft up.

A couple of negative spots on a good day!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 257
aldi_01
July 25, 2021, 3:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Can this thread be closed now…as predicted, a handful worse masks, from my vantage point many didn’t. The end…let’s enjoy the fact we were in BP and saw a decent game…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 257
Mayaman
July 25, 2021, 4:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74

I'm alright Jack.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 257
DB
July 25, 2021, 6:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
I'm not anti, nor a fan of Piers Morgan and have just read this article by him on him. To me, it sums up what can happen at a match even if you have been double jabbed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne.....vid-Euros-final.html

As I always say we all have choices and they should be respected by others, but the choice of going out and infecting others, even by accident, is a bitter pill to swallow.

Just saying.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 257
26 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.