Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 219 Guests

We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

This thread currently has 19,498 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
July 20, 2021, 11:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Of course things will get better than they are now. Rates of infection are very high currently but they won't always be. I am remaining pretty cautious as rates where I am are approaching 500 per 100k and I only had my 2nd jab last Thursday. Once we're through this wave, infection rates are lower and more people are double vaccinated then I'll be less cautious.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 257
diehardmariner
July 20, 2021, 11:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,535
Gold Stars: 537
Feels a bit Groundhog Day on this subject but the NHS is feeling the pinch to say the least.  Anyone who is convinced that the pandemic is over is, sadly, very very mistaken.  I say that with a very heavy heart as no-one wants a return to 'normality' more than myself.

Personally I think the decision around the whole 'Freedom Day' is ridiculous.  At the point when cases are rising, hospital admissions and pressures on the NHS are increasing we shouldn't be taking our eye off the ball, I'm not just including the wearing of masks either.  But that's not the point, the point is that the decision was made that rules are relaxed.  

What absolutely astounds me is that the club are saying, quite clearly "IT'S UP TO YOU!" yet it still upsets people.  Almost to the point that I'm not sure if these same people want the club to come out and openly say masks are banned.  

If you don't want to wear a mask yet see someone wearing one and find it genuinely offends you, then I despair.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 257
aldi_01
July 20, 2021, 12:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from diehardmariner
Feels a bit Groundhog Day on this subject but the NHS is feeling the pinch to say the least.  Anyone who is convinced that the pandemic is over is, sadly, very very mistaken.  I say that with a very heavy heart as no-one wants a return to 'normality' more than myself.

Personally I think the decision around the whole 'Freedom Day' is ridiculous.  At the point when cases are rising, hospital admissions and pressures on the NHS are increasing we shouldn't be taking our eye off the ball, I'm not just including the wearing of masks either.  But that's not the point, the point is that the decision was made that rules are relaxed.  

What absolutely astounds me is that the club are saying, quite clearly "IT'S UP TO YOU!" yet it still upsets people.  Almost to the point that I'm not sure if these same people want the club to come out and openly say masks are banned.  

If you don't want to wear a mask yet see someone wearing one and find it genuinely offends you, then I despair.

I agree with your last comment but I’ve seen more people bemoaning those who are choosing not to wear one. A woman literally stood and tutted and moaned that people were just wandering in to Morrisons yesterday without a care in the world…works both ways.

I’m not arsed, I’ll be in my seat, watching football at a place I’ve missed…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 257
diehardmariner
July 20, 2021, 12:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,535
Gold Stars: 537
Very fair point.  It was based on the majority of the comments I'd seen were from people slating any wearing of the mask.

It works both ways.  My personal (and limited) experience of the last few days is that most people are still choosing to wear masks (myself included).
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 257
Rodley Mariner
July 20, 2021, 12:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I have just been in a supermarket and some people were wearing masks and some people weren't and nobody seemed to be judging anyone else. Pretty dull but there you go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 257
jonnyboy82
July 20, 2021, 12:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I had to laugh as on Monday the so called freedom day Boris announces everyone must be double jabbed to attend large events from September.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 257
pen penfras
July 20, 2021, 12:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Of course things will get better than they are now. Rates of infection are very high currently but they won't always be. I am remaining pretty cautious as rates where I am are approaching 500 per 100k and I only had my 2nd jab last Thursday. Once we're through this wave, infection rates are lower and more people are double vaccinated then I'll be less cautious.

If vaccinating 70% of the population hasn't slowed down the spread, which it doesn't really seem to have, plus people being infected twice and post vaccination, then I'm not sure how infection rates will ever drop. Best we can hope for is that it just becomes a flu type illness now that we've got exposure to it and can carry on as normal.

The NHS needs a lot of money pumping into it to deal with the backlog and increased demand from covid. Taxes need to rise, but nobody will be happy with that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 257
aldi_01
July 20, 2021, 12:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

If vaccinating 70% of the population hasn't slowed down the spread, which it doesn't really seem to have, plus people being infected twice and post vaccination, then I'm not sure how infection rates will ever drop. Best we can hope for is that it just becomes a flu type illness now that we've got exposure to it and can carry on as normal.

The NHS needs a lot of money pumping into it to deal with the backlog and increased demand from covid. Taxes need to rise, but nobody will be happy with that.

They found 37bn for a system that’s never worked properly…I’m
Sure if they really wanted to fund the NHS properly they could without the need for rising taxes…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 257
HertsGTFC
July 20, 2021, 1:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
I'm happy to be given the option, it makes it my choice and decision either way which feels right.

It may have been mentioned earlier on in the thread but having mask wearing as an option could provide our former Board members with the opportunity to attend games, not even they would have the front to turn up undisguised, or maybe they would.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 257
aldi_01
July 20, 2021, 1:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I'm happy to be given the option, it makes it my choice and decision either way which feels right.

It may have been mentioned earlier on in the thread but having mask wearing as an option could provide our former Board members with the opportunity to attend games, not even they would have the front to turn up undisguised, or maybe they would.  

Joking aside…are you expecting any of them to attend a town game again, especially now there’s no free excrement on offer…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 257
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.