Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 407 Guests

We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

This thread currently has 19,502 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
July 19, 2021, 10:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Stadium

Odd viewpoint.
It's entirely a personal decision as there is no legal requirement anymore.
Even when there was one the exemptions were paper thin & could never be verified & enforced?
Most clubs will put out a generic message very similar,don't really see an issue at all.

The statement reads: The Health and safety of GTFC staff and supporters is of paramount importance and therefore supporters are encouraged to  wear a face-covering when attending upcoming matches."

Obviously, I agree with you there is no legal requirement so why are we being "encouraged" to wear one?

Everybody will make up their own minds dependent on their viewpoint.

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 257
aldi_01
July 19, 2021, 10:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Do you honestly think the season will pass without fans being banned from attending at some point?

Patrick Vallance said today that 40% of hospitalisations are vaccinated people which to me, means that those vaccines we were assured would put an end to all of this, won't put an end to all of this.

It will be interesting to see what happens to admissions and deaths over the next few weeks but don't hold your breath on being able to attend all 22 home games.

Vallance can get to intercourse though…telling folk to wear a mask in busy places then nipping to the Wimbledon final and not wearing one…

There’s no reason to lock things down again, anyone still believing the numbers we’re given surely has to have a sense of naivety given we know they’ve been twisting them throughout.

The statement from the club is no different to supermarkets and the like…if you wanna wear one, do. If you don’t then again, don’t.

Whatever people choose, so long as they don’t cast aspersions on those doing the opposite to them we’ll be fine.

I couldn’t give a excrement either way…I just wanna be back in BP…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 257
Morris Minor
July 19, 2021, 10:09pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
Might as well stick a panty liner on your face, masks do not work. True!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 19, 2021, 10:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from LH
*moaned for months about wanting personal responsibility*

[the day comes where personal responsibility takes over]

*moans about personal responsibility*

I think you are missing the point. We are being "encouraged" to wear one at forthcoming matches. Why???

The statement needn't have been made; there are no legal requirements so why use that wording? People are free to do as they please and the statement was completely unnecessary.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 257
Offshore Mariner
July 19, 2021, 10:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +34
More likely to catch it from touching the turnstiles, or even before a match at a pub and a chippy on way home. However I think the club still have to be seen as encouraging people to wear masks in whatever setting it is (indoors or out). I'm not in a risk category, fairly young and double jabbed, I don't want to be Ill and certainly don't want to be passing it on to people I see and work with.

It would be nice for us to concentrate on supporting the side than wasting energy on arguing about this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 257
jamesgtfc
July 19, 2021, 10:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01

Vallance can get to intercourse though…telling folk to wear a mask in busy places then nipping to the Wimbledon final and not wearing one…

There’s no reason to lock things down again, anyone still believing the numbers we’re given surely has to have a sense of naivety given we know they’ve been twisting them throughout.

The statement from the club is no different to supermarkets and the like…if you wanna wear one, do. If you don’t then again, don’t.

Whatever people choose, so long as they don’t cast aspersions on those doing the opposite to them we’ll be fine.

I couldn’t give a excrement either way…I just wanna be back in BP…

Your first paragraph is what winds the public up.

• Phil and Holly socially distancing on the sofa all morning then sat next to one another unmasked in the afternoon at Wimbledon.
  • Dr Hilary telling everyone in the morning that they should be wearing masks at events and then going to Wimbledon that afternoon and not wearing a mask.
  • Michael Gove not having to isolate because he's taking part in a pilot that only he was participating in.
  • Rishi Sunak and Boris Johnson that deciding not to isolate because they were the second and third members of the above pilot scheme before "deciding" to do the right thing.

Ultimately NHS capacity will dictate whether we do or don't get locked down again but I do think we will get locked down again very soon. The concerning thing for me isn't necessarily Covid but cancers getting missed because GPs are petrified of seeing patients, the NHS backlog getting seemingly infinite, an escalating mental health problem with what seems like increased suicides, kids growing up uneducated, the mammoth of all recessions once furlough ends and the repossessions that follow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 257
promotion plaice
July 19, 2021, 10:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

I'm all for wearing face masks but I draw the line at this...

[img]https://di2ponv0v5otw.cloudfront.net/posts/2020/10/01/5f768b83920786ffec25a8ed/m_5f768baecb692cb8715b7182.jpg[/img]

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 257
jonnyboy82
July 19, 2021, 10:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I believe in everyones opinion and belief on this is valid, now restrictions have lifted there is no legal requirement but that doesn't mean i won't respect the person who chooses to wear a mask and give space to others when possible

I respect the people who want to wear one but in turn i hope they respect my wishes and the fact i won't be wearing a mask.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 257
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 19, 2021, 10:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The concerning thing for me isn't necessarily Covid but cancers getting missed because GPs are petrified of seeing patients, the NHS backlog getting seemingly infinite, an escalating mental health problem with what seems like increased suicides

My understanding from the studies into pandemic suicide rates in the UK is that there has been a drop in suicide rates, if anything.

Historically, difficult periods such as war or disease tend to lead to less people taking their own life. People are more likely to commit suicide when they see the rest of society prospering.

Long term suicide rates are likely to be go up because of further pressures on funding social care etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 257
ska face
July 19, 2021, 10:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840

I think you are missing the point. We are being "encouraged" to wear one at forthcoming matches. Why???

The statement needn't have been made; there are no legal requirements so why use that wording? People are free to do as they please and the statement was completely unnecessary.

Do you understand the meaning of the word “encourage”?
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 257
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.