Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 348 Guests

We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

This thread currently has 19,511 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
July 20, 2021, 9:17am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
I'm not really saying I agree or disagree with this stance but when watching the Euro games at Wembley I saw very few people wearing masks and that was in crowds of well over 10 times we get at BP.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 257
golfer
July 20, 2021, 9:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
I will be wearing a mask - and hope the club will be doing their part by providing abundant hand sanitizers throughout the ground. Every little helps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 257
Rodley Mariner
July 20, 2021, 9:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I went to the cricket at Trent Bridge on Friday which was a full house and similarly they recommended the use whilst moving about. Ultimately it was down to personal discretion so when I was in busier, less ventilated areas like the toilets or queues for food and drink I slipped one on and when I was stood with just my kids with space and ventilation I took it off. Not that difficult or complicated is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 257
RichMariner
July 20, 2021, 10:00am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Why are we (as a society) so quick to search for a reason to feel oppressed?

It's not like the club is asking you to do something that causes you pain. It was just polite encouragement to think about your fellow Town fans.

God knows we've all been desperate to watch some proper football. I understand why some fans think those who feel vulnerable shouldn't attend, but can't we just be kind to one another?

I can't go at the weekend but if I could I'd wear a mask. It's not hard, is it? We can debate its effectiveness until the cows come home but if it helps others and allows them to feel safe at a football match then surely that's worth whatever 'pain' wearing a mask inflicts on you.

The masks, the vaccines, the isolations and lockdowns... it's always been about protecting each other. Just because we've had this 'freedom day' it seems like people have taken it as a green light to act selfish again.

I'm not trying to deny people freedom of choice. If you don't want to wear a mask, that's your decision. But you can't try and claim you're thinking of other people here - just yourself.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 43 - 257
jimgtfc
July 20, 2021, 10:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
I’m fine with people wearing a mask at the match if they want to, and that’s what it should be now individual choice. I just hope that any mask wearers don’t start taking the moral high ground and verbally abusing non mask wearers like I’ve witnessed twice already since the restrictions were lifted.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 257
Grantham_Mariner
July 20, 2021, 10:18am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
I am quite happy for people to wear a mask or not wear one, but what I would like to see is people respecting other peoples personal space. Leaning in front of me in supermarkets, and breathing down the back of my neck in a queue is unacceptable at all times, pandemic or no pandemic.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 257
marinerdazza
July 20, 2021, 10:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Thank god it’ll soon be October so we can start arguing about poppies.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 257
ska face
July 20, 2021, 10:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from marinerdazza
Thank god it’ll soon be October so we can start arguing about poppies.

Think it’s been decided that politics should be left out of football.

Another victory for James McClean.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 257
Mariner_09
July 20, 2021, 10:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I think they would be disproportionate at football grounds. The virus barely transmits outdoors and the studies have shown that the games themselves (such as the Liverpool-Athletico one) weren't the super spreaders but the planes, trains and buses getting them to the ground and then people congregating in the pub before and after the game were.

However, masks predominately protect others around you and not yourself, thus leaving it up to personal choice seems a little strange. Conversely, all the major studies demonstrated the unless masks are tightly fitted, washed or disposed of after every use and not touched they are about as much use as a chocolate tea pot. They get coverage because they are the most visible part of this pandemic now but ventilation and particularly vaccination are much more important.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 257
quebec38
July 20, 2021, 11:46am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
I don’t want to wear a mask but feel like I should if it helps make the more vulnerable around me feel more comfortable/safe. There are a lot of elderly people around who will want to continue going to the football and I wouldn’t want to make them think twice about attending so I will keep my mask on.

The only thing I will say to those that want to keep a mask on is, surely things won’t ever get better than they are now so if you don’t want to take the leap and remove your masks now, then when will you? If a double vaccine won’t prevent you getting the virus then what will? It’s a sad state of affairs.

Not for or against anyone wearing masks now, just hope people are respectful to one another and we are all able to enjoy the game in safety and comfort.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 257
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.