Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 299 Guests

We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

This thread currently has 19,493 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
July 21, 2021, 12:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Maringer

Well, some certainly are, but as I mentioned, others are just misinformed by dishonest and misleading bullshit.

So, despite nearly all the Town fans at Cleethorpes not wearing a mask, you think some are selfish arses, and the others misinformed?

Could it not be that they had assessed the risks for themselves and decided that in an outdoor setting there was next to no risk and acted accordingly? Perhaps they thought masks in an outdoor setting served very little purpose.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 257
tashee69
July 21, 2021, 1:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958
Gold Stars: 23
Some people I know “encourage me” to take my shoes off at the front door when I visit them.
I do, because I respect other people’s thought pattern even if I don’t agree with it.
If it’s all about you, then don’t wear a mask, I will even though I don’t necessarily agree with it. It’s mostly about respecting other people rather than what you believe in yourself.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 21, 2021, 1:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from tashee69
Some people I know “encourage me” to take my shoes off at the front door when I visit them.
I do, because I respect other people’s thought pattern even if I don’t agree with it.
If it’s all about you, then don’t wear a mask, I will even though I don’t necessarily agree with it. It’s mostly about respecting other people rather than what you believe in yourself.

Most people are not wearing a mask in an outdoor setting. Why don't you respect their thought pattern and join them, especially if you don't necessarily agree with wearing a mask?
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 257
tashee69
July 21, 2021, 1:12pm

Cocktail Drinker

Most people are not wearing a mask in an outdoor setting. Why don't you respect their thought pattern and join them, especially if you don't necessarily agree with wearing a mask?

It’s all about you

If wearing a mask stops 1 person from contracting the disease, are you so selfish, that wearing a mask between walking in & out of the stadium is that much of an effort !!! What 3 mins ??
Are you really THAT SELFISH ???!!!!

GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 257
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 21, 2021, 1:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from tashee69

People who try to enter my house without at least offering to take off their shoes get the full Fenty / Newell pub car park treatment (allegedly). Nobody gets past the hall with shoes on unless there is a medical emergency and even then, plastic protectors would be required for the stairs.

Considering the first world problem spouting Facebook page for our village drones on about little else other than pavement splattered dogshît, enforcing shoe removal at the door seems like the only sensible option.

I don’t need to give my wife another excuse to try and replace the carpets every other year.

Talking of deep pile, what happened to Lewis Butroid’s trial?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 257
lew chaterleys lover
July 21, 2021, 1:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from tashee69

It’s all about you

If wearing a mask stops 1 person from contracting the disease, are you so selfish, that wearing a mask between walking in & out of the stadium is that much of an effort !!! What 3 mins ??
Are you really THAT SELFISH ???!!!!

No not at all. I am defending my hundreds of fellow Town fans who enjoyed not wearing a mask last week at the Cleethorpes game, which various posters have described as selfish, cretins misinformed and much worse.

As far as I know, you have never had to wear a mask in an outdoor setting even before "Freedom day" so I don't know where you get the selfish bit from, unless you think the millions of people going about their lives walking around towns and villages are somehow selfish.  
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 257
ska face
July 21, 2021, 1:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839

Why don’t you just not wear your mask without making a big cry-baby song and dance about it you absolute dullard?
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 257
NorthseaMariner
July 21, 2021, 1:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
It’s not illegal not to wear a mask, it’s personal choice. I will probably wear one for now. However it is personal choice and so no-one should be criticised for not wearing one.

Unfortunately, maybe intentionally, the way the Prime Minister and his advisers have presented things, they have managed to pit everyone against each other.

We should all be respectful of other people’s perspective and choices.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 257
tashee69
July 21, 2021, 1:44pm

Cocktail Drinker

No not at all. I am defending my hundreds of fellow Town fans who enjoyed not wearing a mask last week at the Cleethorpes game, which various posters have described as selfish, cretins misinformed and much worse.

As far as I know, you have never had to wear a mask in an outdoor setting even before "Freedom day" so I don't know where you get the selfish bit from, unless you think the millions of people going about their lives walking around towns and villages are somehow selfish.  

All I am asking you, is, does it take that much effort to walk to your seat wearing a mask, for 3 mins, if it stops a fellow Grimsby Town fan from catching the disease. Is it that much of an effort? Does it put you out that much? Is it such a great task that you are unable to manage it, even if you don’t agree with it?
Not interested if you agree with it or not but would you do it if it stopped another town fan from contracting it. That is my point. I would go out my way and help the vulnerable that go to the game. Not just think about what I want

Private Message
Reply: 118 - 257
Mariner_09
July 21, 2021, 1:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Hagrid

99%?! Not a chance

But i agree with your reasoning, i do tests 3 times a week, i wont wear a mask whilst the game is in progress but walking round the stadium with the high rates in our area i’ll have one on

They have a false positive rate of about 0.25% but when you do 1.2 million tests a day, as Britain does, that equates to an enormous raw number of false positives.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 257
26 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are being "encouraged" to wear a mask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.