Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

This thread currently has 26,166 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
September 19, 2023, 12:14pm
Guest User
Quoted from cannylad65
Good to tell from Croxton's post and wordings that he went to Barton Upon Humber grammar school.

Barton Grammar School, famous for educating Ted Lewis, who's novel was used for the film, Get Carter.

Incidentally there is a reunion of former students in three week's time.

Hmm, cannylad, you wouldn't be one of the Cann brothers would you?

Reply: 90 - 312
HerveJosse
September 19, 2023, 1:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144

Quoted from ginnywings

I definitely think the second point has a bearing on the first point, as it renders the discussion pointless.

If you think differently, that's your prerogative.

My main point is that it's getting ridiculous to be having the conversation at all, every time we fail to win a game.

Or is it the conversation stopping briefly every time we win  a game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 312
Posh Harry
September 19, 2023, 2:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,371
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Croxton

I'm at Skala in  Kefalonia, enjoying seeking out smaller coves and beaches for a dip in the sea followed by a Greek salad. Delays at Man airport meant we were searching the hills at midnight looking for the villa in an underpowered Micra. Off to Argostoli today in search of turtles and other delights.

Totally non footy of course!

Hope you get to see the turtles, they are absolutely beautiful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 312
LocalLadGTFC
September 19, 2023, 3:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Poojah

For the record, I’m firmly in the “Hurst shouldn’t go” camp - we’ve had a brutally tough start to the season and the reality is if not for a couple of sloppy goals conceded away at Walsall and Bradford, the picture would look a lot rosier than it actually does (and even then it’s not that bad).

That said, Hurst has been with the club nearly three years this time around, well above the average for the EFL and PL, and is the 14th longest serving manager in the 92. I would argue that, at some point within the next three years, Hurst will leave the club - either because he’s failed to meet expectations or because he has, and gone onto better things.

If the notion that there is no possible replacement capable of equalling or bettering Hurst, then we’re going to find ourselves in trouble again at some point in the not too distant future. Naturally, your potential options will depend on who’s available at the time, but based on things as they stand today, there are a few who you’d think might be worth consideration, to my kind:

In-work managers

Luke Garrard - Boreham Wood
Dean Brennan - Barnet

Out of work managers

Danny Cowley - most recently of Portsmouth
Darrell Clarke - “ Port Vale
Steve Coterill - “ Shrewsbury
David Artell - “ Crewe
Micky Mellon - “ Tranmere
Paul Tisdale - “Stevenage

Plus, there’s always going to be applications from some more left-field options (e.g. under-23s coaches). Michael Jolley not the best example of this by any means, but he did a lot better than some of our more experienced and less obscure managers over the years (see Newell, Slade II, Holloway et al), and I’d argue he’d have done a lot better under our current ownership.

Ultimately, Hurst will feel more replaceable when we’re perceivably not doing well and much less replaceable when we are - it was a briefly nervy time a year ago when Rotherham were looking for a new manager after Warne went to Derby. But it’s a reality we’ll have to face up to at some point, and I have reasonable confidence in those running the club to have some kind of plan in place when the time comes.

Add Mike Williamson to that list, when Hurst leaves he's the man i'd like to see us target. The football Gateshead play is a joy to watch and his recruitment and coaching is spot on.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 312
Croxton
September 19, 2023, 3:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Posh Harry

Hope you get to see the turtles, they are absolutely beautiful

Yes we did thanks, and you are right!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 312
denni266
September 19, 2023, 4:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132
My how the popular clic has grown . Seems that if you dont agree with how things are being done you are every type of idiot going . Keep doing the same and you get the same results. And that is what we have ...Just keep hugging Hursts rear end and nothing will change ,  Its nort realy like a forum any more, Its a big click who think they know best and must follow what they think to the letter . Not gonna happen Sorry not sorry..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 312
Maringer
September 19, 2023, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from denni266
My how the popular clic has grown . Seems that if you dont agree with how things are being done you are every type of idiot going . Keep doing the same and you get the same results. And that is what we have ...Just keep hugging Hursts rear end and nothing will change ,  Its nort realy like a forum any more, Its a big click who think they know best and must follow what they think to the letter . Not gonna happen Sorry not sorry..

BOOOOOORING.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 312
lew chaterleys lover
September 19, 2023, 4:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from denni266

It's clique but you raise a fair point. Forums should be for all contributors regardless of their stance on various issues.

All forums are the same though, a set opinion seems to be settled before it is properly discussed and dissenting from the settled view is frowned upon.

Just keep ploughing a lone furrow and if people don't like it so what?
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 312
ginnywings
September 19, 2023, 5:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from denni266

Apart from a promotion, a record breaking F.A. Cup run, and record season ticket sales. I would call that a change, and definitely one for the better.

You have your views and you are entitled to them, but like a lot of posters who have a view that is defiantly in the minority, you bleat about bullying from other posters when the majority disagree with you.

They are your views, so you should own them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 312
denni266
September 19, 2023, 5:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +697
Gold Stars: 132

It's clique but you raise a fair point. Forums should be for all contributors regardless of their stance on various issues.

All forums are the same though, a set opinion seems to be settled before it is properly discussed and dissenting from the settled view is frowned upon.

Just keep ploughing a lone furrow and if people don't like it so what?

Thanks . I dont expect many to think outside the box like i do, But one thing i dont do is call others because they dont agree with me
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 312
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.