Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

This thread currently has 25,922 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
September 17, 2023, 8:10am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,681
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from male private Nale
Hurst could lose every game from now until Christmas and he still wouldn’t be gone.

This board are more interested in B Corp , left wing , guardian reader bullshit than building a winning squad.

Rod Jane and Freddie are clueless

Gold , absolute gold 🤣 well done mate that’s made me lol

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 312
lew chaterleys lover
September 17, 2023, 8:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,711
Gold Stars: 237
I think the main problem with Hurst is the lack of an overarching philosophy.

It's neither long game nor short, it's not ultra attacking nor a cast iron defensive set up. It's not based on pace or power nor based on passing teams to death.

It's often said he is pragmatic which usually ends up a mish mash of styles and the turnover of players to me indicates he is not sure what he wants.

The commentary said yesterday Wrexham knew what they wanted to do when they got the ball, whereas by the time we had decided any momentum had gone.

The lack of attacking intent is very poor, so are the lack of goals and despite this constant talk of fitness, we have I think scored 2 second half league goals in 8 games.

I think a mid table finish is on the cards from what we have seen so far, but with Hurst you just never know.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 312
GrimPol
September 17, 2023, 8:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -669
Gold Stars: 69
Whilst it is always interesting to see on this forum Mariner "fans" kicking, biting, and punching each other, however all this I Hate PH, I Love PH  ding dong, P8 W2 D4 L2 F9 A9 statistic is missing.
Yesterday on the Match Thread people derided Wrexham's Hoof it approach, yet that's what got them 3 points. What was the Towns Plan? Furthermore, after going in 2-0 down, what was Town's plan in the second half? You would expect some kind of reset surely, so what was it? So before you put your X down just enlighten me/rest.
I'm not a PH out kind of guy, but I'm disappointed in that I can see Towns Season unfolding with a whimper and only 38 matches to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 312
GtfcGarner
September 17, 2023, 8:36am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
I tend to over-react after a loss and get really high after a win. Probably part and parcel of being a fan and holding expectations to the highest.

I’m not Hurst out at all but I get p!ssed off with how negative we are at times and how long it takes to make substitutions/changes. Just believe that he’s a ‘safe’ pair of hands and I’m not taking anything away from the fact he got us up at the first attempt and the brilliant FA Cup run we went on last year.

It just seems we are always talking about the opposition and how we set up against them rather than vice versa. I don’t think we are never going to be the team that peppers 4 or 5 past a team, are we exciting to watch? Very debatable and last years home run in the league was a little dry. Our Achilles heel has been not replacing Taylor after the Vanarama season as he already looked spent that he couldn’t last 90 minutes week in week out. The first season we came up you could be forgiven that the hectic schedule had little turn around time but we’ve had plenty of time now to find that player. Yesterday we was left with Pyke our only fit striker, why did we let Orsi go if we didn’t have a replacement lined up? I actually think that Danilo would do very well in this team.

For a team that had a great FA Cup run and banked a load of money we’ve clearly added to what we had last year but I still struggle to see what our style of play is. We are good at pressing and trying to win the ball back but we look really devoid of ideas alot of the time going forward.

This isn’t a dig at the team or PH but I feel that we could certainly do better, the fact of stability is one I don’t buy into as Notts County have come straight up and stuck by the style of play that got them there and probably will be one of the automatics come the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 312
Northbank Mariner
September 17, 2023, 8:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from male private Nale
Hurst could lose every game from now until Christmas and he still wouldn’t be gone.

This board are more interested in B Corp , left wing , guardian reader bullshit than building a winning squad.

Rod Jane and Freddie are clueless

You are talking out your ar$e...
I know, for a fact, Hurst is lucky to still be in a job.
Stockwood was ready to pull the plug last season when our home form really dipped, Petite and Cook had to convince him to give Hurst more time...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 312
Roast Em Bobby
September 17, 2023, 8:44am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
I honestly think we are only a couple of good strikers away from us having the best team we've had for quite a long time, and the reason we look impotent is because by and large there is no height or pace up top.

PH has brought some good/better players in during the summer, and the style of play has been better. The only thing I'm critical of him for is that he didn't address the front positions properly in the summer.

Given the MANY frauds we've had as manager over the last 30 years I'd be very reluctant to call for his head. He's a good manager who knows the game well, has a good eye for a player and has improved the club year-on-year (yes, i know someone will pipe up that he got us relegated, I don't buy thast argument at all - that was Fenty/Holloway's doing, PH had no chance and yet very nearly pulled it off). I appreciate that progress is not as quick as some accept, like or hope but I'd much rather we stick with him than risk another chancer like Bignot or Holloway.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 312
friskneymariner
September 17, 2023, 8:46am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
I would be more kindly disposed towards Hurst if every season we didn't have this deja-vu scenario  of having very little firpower up front.He has consistently failed to address this season, after season,who thinks he is going to address this now.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 312
Yarborough Vaults
September 17, 2023, 8:49am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Edgelords always gonna edge.

But its just noise like a shthouse door banging in the wind.

Beat Crawley and they'll be back under their rocks again.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 312
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 17, 2023, 8:50am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You are talking out your ar$e...
I know, for a fact, Hurst is lucky to still be in a job.
Stockwood was ready to pull the plug last season when our home form really dipped, Petite and Cook had to convince him to give Hurst more time...

That is complete and utter rubbish.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 312
jonnyboy82
September 17, 2023, 8:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Anyone who thinks Hurst should go is absolutely deluded. The man just fits at our club , he's a safe bet for us and a very good league 2 manager.  Who else we gonna get ?

Seriously we are in an ok position and were we probably expected to be , my only criticism right now is the usual Paul Hurst issues more worrying about how the opposition set up and again a lack of a marquee striker , someone who's name is always first on the team sheet but that's it and in all honesty Paul really let the transfer window go without really bringing that guy in.

I'm fully a Paul Hurst backer and having seen what gambling with managers gets you then I'm very happy thank you very much. If we were rooted to the bottom and look awful then we look at it differently but we are a good league 2 side and am happy with that despite some clear flaws of Paul.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 312
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.