Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

This thread currently has 26,189 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
September 19, 2023, 6:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
But he cupped his ears…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 312
September 19, 2023, 7:15am
Guest User
The question shouldn't be "Should Hurst go?", but, "Who would you replace Paul Hurst with?".

This normally draws a blank. Experienced, capable and available managers whom we could afford do not exist in abundance.

And unless the proposed individual has taken a L2 side to an FA Cup quarter final, there will be grounds to suspect he (?) lacks
the man-management and motivational skills that PH has.

Reply: 81 - 312
aldi_01
September 19, 2023, 7:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from 137
The question shouldn't be "Should Hurst go?", but, "Who would you replace Paul Hurst with?".

This normally draws a blank. Experienced, capable and available managers whom we could afford do not exist in abundance.

And unless the proposed individual has taken a L2 side to an FA Cup quarter final, there will be grounds to suspect he (?) lacks

They can never give you a single genuine answer to the question I find. This is the same cohort of fans that bought flipping flat caps when that straw chewing flipping charlatan turned up…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 312
Maringer
September 19, 2023, 7:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from aldi_01

They can never give you a single genuine answer to the question I find. This is the same cohort of fans that bought flipping flat caps when that straw chewing flipping charlatan turned up…

They probably started drinking whisky chasers with everything (including breakfast) when Newell was manager, as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 312
Croxton
September 19, 2023, 8:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
All the energy for this inane thread is coming from Hurst supporters..... again!

This Pavlovian response to a perceived stimulus is all about making ourselves feel good by trumpeting the positives about our leader, the owners and 'the sustainable project'

Please stop!   It's a self defeating response which makes all sensible readers feel patronised and lectured to.

We know! This, plus other insecurity based threads are spoiling my Idyllic Greek island getaway and I've only two days left.

Oh, and if you could all resist the Scunny thread that would be great too. Having never lived in Grimsby, I can't get my head around this car crash rubber necking.

Lot's of nudists in these islands. Plenty of space to exercise all our personal rights and freedoms here which is good, but why do some men wait till you are just passing them on the shore line to bend over and tidy their gear?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 312
Mappers
September 19, 2023, 8:42am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,481
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Croxton
All the energy for this inane thread is coming from Hurst supporters..... again!

This Pavlovian response to a perceived stimulus is all about making ourselves feel good by trumpeting the positives about our leader, the owners and 'the sustainable project'

Please stop!   It's a self defeating response which makes all sensible readers feel patronised and lectured to.

We know! This, plus other insecurity based threads are spoiling my Idyllic Greek island getaway and I've only two days left.

Oh, and if you could all resist the Scunny thread that would be great too. Having never lived in Grimsby, I can't get my head around this car crash rubber necking.

Lot's of nudists in these islands. Plenty of space to exercise all our personal rights and freedoms here which is good, but why do some men wait till you are just passing them on the shore line to bend over and tidy their gear?

Well we need something to debate , we are in a  solid yet unspectacular position with few real worries apart from scoring a few goals and the obstructive posts in the main stand .

Maybe we can turn it into the holiday thread - where are those islands ?

I went to Kos ,but maybe the wrong island by the sound of it .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 312
Croxton
September 19, 2023, 9:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Mappers

Well we need something to debate , we are in a  solid yet unspectacular position with few real worries apart from scoring a few goals and the obstructive posts in the main stand .

Maybe we can turn it into the holiday thread - where are those islands ?

I went to Kos ,but maybe the wrong island by the sound of it .

I'm at Skala in  Kefalonia, enjoying seeking out smaller coves and beaches for a dip in the sea followed by a Greek salad. Delays at Man airport meant we were searching the hills at midnight looking for the villa in an underpowered Micra. Off to Argostoli today in search of turtles and other delights.

Totally non footy of course!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 312
Poojah
September 19, 2023, 9:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from 137

For the record, I’m firmly in the “Hurst shouldn’t go” camp - we’ve had a brutally tough start to the season and the reality is if not for a couple of sloppy goals conceded away at Walsall and Bradford, the picture would look a lot rosier than it actually does (and even then it’s not that bad).

That said, Hurst has been with the club nearly three years this time around, well above the average for the EFL and PL, and is the 14th longest serving manager in the 92. I would argue that, at some point within the next three years, Hurst will leave the club - either because he’s failed to meet expectations or because he has, and gone onto better things.

If the notion that there is no possible replacement capable of equalling or bettering Hurst, then we’re going to find ourselves in trouble again at some point in the not too distant future. Naturally, your potential options will depend on who’s available at the time, but based on things as they stand today, there are a few who you’d think might be worth consideration, to my kind:

In-work managers

Luke Garrard - Boreham Wood
Dean Brennan - Barnet

Out of work managers

Danny Cowley - most recently of Portsmouth
Darrell Clarke - “ Port Vale
Steve Coterill - “ Shrewsbury
David Artell - “ Crewe
Micky Mellon - “ Tranmere
Paul Tisdale - “Stevenage

Plus, there’s always going to be applications from some more left-field options (e.g. under-23s coaches). Michael Jolley not the best example of this by any means, but he did a lot better than some of our more experienced and less obscure managers over the years (see Newell, Slade II, Holloway et al), and I’d argue he’d have done a lot better under our current ownership.

Ultimately, Hurst will feel more replaceable when we’re perceivably not doing well and much less replaceable when we are - it was a briefly nervy time a year ago when Rotherham were looking for a new manager after Warne went to Derby. But it’s a reality we’ll have to face up to at some point, and I have reasonable confidence in those running the club to have some kind of plan in place when the time comes.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 312
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 19, 2023, 10:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Croxton

I'm at Skala in  Kefalonia, enjoying seeking out smaller coves and beaches for a dip in the sea followed by a Greek salad. Delays at Man airport meant we were searching the hills at midnight looking for the villa in an underpowered Micra. Off to Argostoli today in search of turtles and other delights.

Totally non footy of course!

If you don’t mind a 40 min walk, get yourself to Fteri beach  in NW Kefalonia. On an island of beautiful beaches, it’s one of the very best.

Lunch at Taverna Gialos Porto Atheras. Tell them Knut sent you and do an impression of a vole.

Non-footy of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 312
cannylad65
September 19, 2023, 12:03pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 7
Good to tell from Croxton's post and wordings that he went to Barton Upon Humber grammar school.

Barton Grammar School, famous for educating Ted Lewis, who's novel was used for the film, Get Carter.

Incidentally there is a reunion of former students in three week's time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 312
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.