Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AdamHaddock, AdSense, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, AussieMariner, Badger57, Balthazar Bullitt, Barrattstander, bartgtfc, bawarmy, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, Big Jake, bigbadmarinerbob, Bigboy, biggleswademariner, Bignic69, Bigwinn1975, BobbyCummingsTackle, Brazilnut, BrMarin, BruceytheFish, Brummie Codfather, BulkyMariner, C0cky, Cambs Mariner, cannylad65, Captaincod, cardiffmariner, Caveman, Cayman_mariner, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, Civvy at last, cjbill, coddy60, CodHead, Connecticut Mariner, Craigy01, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, Davec, davmariner, DB, denni266, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, drbell, Epworth Mariner, essexexile, EvilFish, FishOutOfWater, forza ivano, Freemoash88, friskneymariner, Gaffer58, Gainsbro_Mariner, GarforthMariner, Geordie Mariner, GhostDan, Gilbertswand, Gill, gobby, golfer, GollyGTFC, Googlebot, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire, Grimsby69, grimsbybrown, gtfc98, gtfc_chris, Gtfcalex, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hacksaw jimmy cook, Hagrid, Hants.Mariner, Harbour Rat, HarrogateMariner, Heisenberg, HertsGTFC, Heswall Mariner, hheh2, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, immariner, ivanosandwich, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jimgtfc, johnbhoy, jonnyboy82, jungleland, kafunanapar140909, kevikov, Knut Anders Fosters Voles, krispy84, Les Brechin, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LN8Mariner, LondonMariner43, louth_in_the_south, lukeo, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, majestic tees, ManBurning, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, mariner chopper, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, Mariner56, Mariner93er, Mariner_501, Marinerdan, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Maringer, Mark GTFC, Martz86, Matthew, Mayaman, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Mikey_345, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, Misterton Mariner, MNH1972, Morph2000, mr b, Nadfink, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, neverapen, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, norfuk mariner, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, out of town, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, Phisch, pontoonlew, Poojah, Posh Harry, Quagmire, rancido, richiedk, RichMariner, Roast Em Bobby, Rob_in_Grimsby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, Saudimariner, ScottyUTM, scott, shaun the sheep, Sigone, skegmariner, smokin joe, sonofmadeleymariner, Southwark Mariner, Spatchcock, Spidey, spikelias, SpiritOf98, SteffiMariner, stevieh, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, supertown, Sussexmariner, sutton mariner, SWMariner, tanga_the_indestructible, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, The Dogs Testicles, The_Laughing_Mariner, thefish, Theimperialcoroner, thespiffing, thevera, tintowner, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, vinno69, WayneBurnettsJockstrap, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, WetFlannel, Withnail, wizbit, WLMariner, wormy, WOZOFGRIMSBY, wuffing, Wyberway, Zmariner and 1227 Guests

To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

This thread currently has 26,180 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
September 23, 2023, 9:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from 123614

Yeah 35 games to go, we're in trouble, oh yeah!!!

35 games to go .Don’t remind me!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 312
MuddyWaters
September 23, 2023, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HerveJosse

35 games to go .Don’t remind me!

37 actually.
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 312
HerveJosse
September 23, 2023, 9:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from GrimRob
It's overreacting to a bad day to say we're in trouble re. relegation. We're 18/1, we have also got some of the most difficult fixtures of the season out of the way. That said, we have a tendency to have a poor middle part of the season, then pick up towards the end.  

Not sure games 8 and 9 are the middle part of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 312
Mappers
September 23, 2023, 9:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,480
Gold Stars: 119
9 played. 6 against the top 7, and next game is the last game against the top 7. You could not start with a tough run in.

We need to get Wilson and Rose fit, and then it's time to start seeing what this team is made of. Teams lower down have worse attacks and weaker defences, there will be opportunities, and we will need to take them. As the squad gets fitter, that will put pressure on those not performing.

It sucks to lose, but there is a lot of football to be played, and despite a few very frustrating result, it doesn't change my verdict on Paul Hurst being the right man for the job.

I agree with most of that , Rose is a massive miss for us with the way we are playing  and it has been a tough start no doubt about it .

What is troubling me from the first 9 games is the fact we are making the same mistakes as last season - it's like we are on repeat - throw away leads , and the first game at home that should be a banker we crumble in . We have so many more Crawley type games upcoming - I'm a Hurst fan but if we get turned over by Colchester & Sutton at home , maybe Tranmere away as they are terrible according to their fans ; then I think serious questions need to be asked.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 312
Northbank Mariner
September 23, 2023, 9:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,530
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from 123614

Yeah 35 games to go, we're in trouble, oh yeah!!!

Have you watch us last season and this?...we are shite...we play 1 man up front, we don't score enough goals, we have zero creativity.
At some point our (Hursts) luck runs out, what I'm seeing this season is just that.
You can buy your head in the sand and say "oh, but we had a great cup run, our highest league position in years" but that only masks just how poor we are.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 312
moosey_club
September 23, 2023, 9:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
9 played. 5 against the top 7, and 2 more in the top half. Next game is the against a top 7. You could not start with a tough run in.

We all started on 0 points.....we all have the same opportunity to get 3 points every week.
Certain teams are above us because they took points off us.
He has assembled a largely average squad of players with good attitude ...but.....its both a lack of quality in the final third and lack of options in the final third that is costing us.
Either way it's Hursts responsibility , he has signed the quality of player and he sets us up the way he does. I can't imagine that there will be too many teams that have the possession we do but are as bad as turning that into goals or efforts on goal.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 312
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 23, 2023, 10:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from moosey_club

We all started on 0 points.....we all have the same opportunity to get 3 points every week.
Certain teams are above us because they took points off us.
He has assembled a largely average squad of players with good attitude ...but.....its both a lack of quality in the final third and lack of options in the final third that is costing us.
Either way it's Hursts responsibility , he has signed the quality of player and he sets us up the way he does. I can't imagine that there will be too many teams that have the possession we do but are as bad as turning that into goals or efforts on goal.

I know a number of us last year wanted Orsi to be given more opportunities and today demonstrated why. Rodgers has looked superb most games but today, not helped by having Mullarkey alongside him, he was given a torrid time by Orsi and how well might him and Rose played together? It’s a mystery to me and looks like Khouri and Hunt are getting the same treatment why lesser players are preferred.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 312
lew chaterleys lover
September 23, 2023, 10:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
9 played. 5 against the top 7, and 2 more in the top half. Next game is the against a top 7. You could not start with a tough run in.

We need to get Wilson and Rose fit, and then it's time to start seeing what this team is made of. Teams lower down have worse attacks and weaker defences, there will be opportunities, and we will need to take them. As the squad gets fitter, that will put pressure on those not performing.

It sucks to lose, but there is a lot of football to be played, and despite a few very frustrating result, it doesn't change my verdict on Paul Hurst being the right man for the job.

As the squad gets fitter? That seems to be our primary concern and focus at the moment, doesn't it? "The training is intensive" and "it's a shock for new recruits how intensive the training is" so we are told, but where is the method, the cohesion and the fluidity of a well-oiled side?

If Hurst continues to be the right man for the job then I think questions should be asked about the coaching setup as I see little evidence of any obvious rhythm or new ideas in our set plays or indeed general play. Playing a non striker as a lone striker up front, at home. Really? I could understand it a bit better if that lone striker was getting any proper support from the formation we are playing but it still isn't working properly despite many weeks of (presumably) trying to put it right.

I actually felt a bit of sympathy for Hurst in his post-match interview. I get the impression he is frustrated with the players so either he has bought badly, or they are not in a system that suits them but to leave yourself exposed to playing a non striker as your only option up front is suicidal.
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 312
nightrider
September 23, 2023, 10:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Youve wasted a wage on Vernam for 3yrs? which isnt going to help matters. Dread to think what he's on and what we could have used it for

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 312
ancientmariner54
September 24, 2023, 12:22am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -173
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from denni266

I will be happy to  

Sorry ,didn't mean to get personal but without games like today's  we'd  all be Man Utd fans .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 312
32 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.