Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

This thread currently has 26,187 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
September 24, 2023, 12:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mappers

I agree with most of that , Rose is a massive miss for us with the way we are playing  and it has been a tough start no doubt about it .

What is troubling me from the first 9 games is the fact we are making the same mistakes as last season - it's like we are on repeat - throw away leads , and the first game at home that should be a banker we crumble in . We have so many more Crawley type games upcoming - I'm a Hurst fan but if we get turned over by Colchester & Sutton at home , maybe Tranmere away as they are terrible according to their fans ; then I think serious questions need to be asked.

Why should it have been a banker, they were 6th before the match and 3rd at FT!

Reply: 190 - 312
GrimRob
September 24, 2023, 12:41pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,450
Gold Stars: 114
Orsi was about a 1 goal every 3 game striker before he came to us, albeit mainly at non-league. That's relatively prolific though compared to most of the forwards we sign.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 191 - 312
1mickylyons
September 24, 2023, 3:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Count me in he's never gonna change far too negative we need a more attacking minded coach.Hurst Out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 312
Madeleymariner
September 24, 2023, 4:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 50
At least we can still use the excuse we have only played teams that are above us in the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 312
Northbank Mariner
September 24, 2023, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,532
Gold Stars: 172
Just seen the stats about the Notts County manager Luke Williams,  makes for really impressive reading.
Not sure how much they've spent on their squad since he took over but what it tells you is there are managers, coaches that want to play in a set style, he doesn't give a toss about the opposition, in the same way Buckley never.
Hurst just hasn't given us an identity, he p!sses about to try n stop the opposition playing, which unfortunately he's not doing very well at this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 312
lew chaterleys lover
September 24, 2023, 5:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Just seen the stats about the Notts County manager Luke Williams,  makes for really impressive reading.
Not sure how much they've spent on their squad since he took over but what it tells you is there are managers, coaches that want to play in a set style, he doesn't give a toss about the opposition, in the same way Buckley never.
Hurst just hasn't given us an identity, he p!sses about to try n stop the opposition playing, which unfortunately he's not doing very well at this season.

Did you see the Gateshead goal the other night? 37 passes I think it was leaving the opposition dumbfounded before it hit the back of the net.

Williamson is another manager who has adopted a set style, and an attacking style which is a joy to watch.

When injuries and suspensions invariably occur when you have an identity you can replace like for like and crack on, as far as is possible.

I sound like a conspiracy theorist but I just don’t think this group of players have gelled; even the goal celebrations seem muted and apart from Eisa the crowd don’t seem to have taken to anybody particularly.
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 312
Wedidntdidwe
September 24, 2023, 6:00pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 22
I think most of this is down to players available.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 312
The Caterham Mariner
September 24, 2023, 6:09pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 8
Crikey ....its getting quite poisonous on here
For the future of PH ...
Lets give it till after Christmas at least  to see how
We stand  in the league before we build gallows and
Bonfires.
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 312
Heswall Mariner
September 24, 2023, 6:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
I appreciate that we are all entitled to an opinion - but what a nonsense this titled thread is.
Our owners /management have a vision for the long term progress/ sustainability of our club whichI fully support.
For those who wish for instant success over PH - who do you suggest?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 312
Ruston AT
September 24, 2023, 6:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10
Crikey ....its getting quite poisonous on here
For the future of PH ...
Lets give it till after Christmas at least  to see how
We stand  in the league before we build gallows and
Bonfires.
UTM

Agree with the above statement but, thinking about every thing that is going on at GTFC let me put this point. Our coaching staff is basically  defensive personnel....think about it, who in the coaching staff has a forward looking idea? That's why we are difficult to beat, I love watching Doig comes off the bench snarling at the team but when Croudson does it I'm thinking 'what the ***k '. Maybe an attacking staff member is the way forward.
I've got my hard hat on ready for the abuse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 312
32 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.