32 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 All Recommend Thread
toontown
October 4, 2023, 10:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70

Just because an owner says £Xm will be going into the playing budget, it doesn’t mean it will be.

It’s like saying £36bn is going to be re-directed into alternative northern infrastructure projects…

I'd be surprised if Stockwood was just throwing about claims of 7 figure increases to the budget without any thought as to if it could be carried out, be most unlike him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 310 - 312
HerveJosse
October 4, 2023, 10:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm not disputing the 1 million figure, but it's not a lot of money in todays game, especially if it's been spread over the contracts of the next 2 or 3 seasons. Probably allowed us to bring in a bit better standard of player, by offering improved wages and contract lengths. It's not a panacea, and probably just allowed us to stay in contention, rather than jump miles ahead, given the levels of spending in League 2 now.

You just have to look at the article I linked to last week from Robbie Savage and the costs of running a club, even at level 7, is 2.4 million.

£1m is a 30-40percent increase over the  total wage budget based on latest published accounts before allowing also for the 2k on the average league gate since the season covered by those accounts so a further £500k on top that .Isn’t that significant?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 311 - 312
aldi_01
October 5, 2023, 6:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HerveJosse

£1m is a 30-40percent increase over the  total wage budget based on latest published accounts before allowing also for the 2k on the average league gate since the season covered by those accounts so a further £500k on top that .Isn’t that significant?

No, it isn’t. It is to the average man but to be honest, if we spent an additional £2m over the next couple of years it’s still not a lot compared to others in our division.

I know that doesn’t fit your odd narrative against Hurst though, bit like the oddball that sits near me, who once again moaned about the substitutions, again, ignoring the fact they improved us and one scored…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 312 - 312
32 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.