Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

This thread currently has 25,923 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
September 17, 2023, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,715
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Anyone who thinks Hurst should go is absolutely deluded. The man just fits at our club , he's a safe bet for us and a very good league 2 manager.  Who else we gonna get ?

Seriously we are in an ok position and were we probably expected to be , my only criticism right now is the usual Paul Hurst issues more worrying about how the opposition set up and again a lack of a marquee striker , someone who's name is always first on the team sheet but that's it and in all honesty Paul really let the transfer window go without really bringing that guy in.

I'm fully a Paul Hurst backer and having seen what gambling with managers gets you then I'm very happy thank you very much. If we were rooted to the bottom and look awful then we look at it differently but we are a good league 2 side and am happy with that despite some clear flaws of Paul.

A vanishingly small number of fans want to change the manager, but if you have the mindset that this is as good as it gets then that is not right either.

If he has clear flaws then why can't they be addressed?

Some of our previous managers would probably have thrived under our current ownership and plenty of good managers today would love the chance to work for/with owners who are supportive and have a long term project.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 312
MuddyWaters
September 17, 2023, 9:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You are talking out your ar$e...
I know, for a fact, Hurst is lucky to still be in a job.
Stockwood was ready to pull the plug last season when our home form really dipped, Petite and Cook had to convince him to give Hurst more time...

Quite a claim. Don't suppose you want to substantiate your fact, do you?
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 312
Zmariner
September 17, 2023, 10:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
What a crazy thread. We lose to a team with a playing budget likely between two and three times what we can afford our budget appears to be respectable for this season, I have been to the home games and we have been decent. There is a lot of money flying around in this division and it will be no disgrace to finish in the top 10. Some of the teams with high budgets could finish well below this. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 312
MuddyWaters
September 17, 2023, 10:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Zmariner
What a crazy thread. We lose to a team with a playing budget likely between two and three times what we can afford our budget appears to be respectable for this season, I have been to the home games and we have been decent. There is a lot of money flying around in this division and it will be no disgrace to finish in the top 10. Some of the teams with high budgets could finish well below this. Utm

However, some teams with lower budgets will probably finish higher (probably because they carry a greater goal threat).
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 312
TAGG
September 17, 2023, 11:01am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 126
I'm not Hurst's biggest fan but we lost to a side that are a lot better than us(nothing to do with the ref)
Every time we lose the Hurst out gang come out asking for his head which is daft, I could understand if we lose 5 on the bounce but we haven't and he's trying to build something here so give him a chance I say.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 312
Mappers
September 17, 2023, 11:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from MuddyWaters

However, some teams with lower budgets will probably finish higher (probably because they carry a greater goal threat).

Well that is the counter argument that no one has really touched on - the likes of Accrington , Burton  , Morecambe and Cambridge have walked through league 2 with smaller budgets than ours and no doubt some of the lowest in the league over recent seasons  . So it is possible, it's always been a funny league and very unpredictable in the main.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 312
MuddyWaters
September 17, 2023, 11:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

Well that is the counter argument that no one has really touched on - the likes of Accrington , Burton  , Morecambe and Cambridge have walked through league 2 with smaller budgets than ours and no doubt some of the lowest in the league over recent seasons  . So it is possible, it's always been a funny league and very unpredictable in the main.

Of course it's possible - you could argue that Hurst very nearly achieved similar at Shrewsbury - but it's about the sum of the parts and we still have some parts that don't seem to fit together, notably in the front 6 (or 5 yesterday).
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 312
Limerick Mariner
September 17, 2023, 12:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Mappers

Two of those (Cambridge and Morcambe) were in the freak COVID season.

We’ve punched above our (budget) weight with Hurst since relegation. The anti-Hurst posts on Facebook are ridiculous. I think we are a couple of quality players short of serious contenders but we haven’t seen what Donovan Wilson can do yet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 312
chaos33
September 17, 2023, 12:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Two of those (Cambridge and Morcambe) were in the freak COVID season.

We’ve punched above our (budget) weight with Hurst since relegation. The anti-Hurst posts on Facebook are ridiculous. I think we are a couple of quality players short of serious contenders but we haven’t seen what Donovan Wilson can do yet.

Doesn’t sound like we are going to any time soon either.

We’re thin up front - I think we can all agree but it’s hysterical and ludicrous to think Hurst should be sacked in my opinion. The fact that threads like this give oxygen to about 4 folk on here is a bit sad.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 312
MuddyWaters
September 17, 2023, 12:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Doesn’t sound like we are going to any time soon either.

We’re thin up front - I think we can all agree but it’s hysterical and ludicrous to think Hurst should be sacked in my opinion. The fact that threads like this give oxygen to about 4 folk on here is a bit sad.

It’s what forums do isn’t it? Give oxygen to a variety of opinions. Wouldn’t be much of a forum otherwise.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 312
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.