Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

This thread currently has 25,927 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
male private Nale
September 16, 2023, 11:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from MaccasBoots

I'm interested to hear how you think signing Danny Rose, for example, demonstrates that the board is only interested in "guardian reader bullshit", you absolute wally

Danny rose signed because it was close to home, if you believe he signed because he bought into some hurst , Rod, Jane , Freddie vision for our future you are more deluded than most on here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 312
realist
September 16, 2023, 11:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
So all you lot are happy with the negative defensive football at home?

I go to be entertained, Hurst is incapable of providing me with that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 312
marinerjase
September 16, 2023, 11:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,655
Gold Stars: 147
Regardless of rights/wrongs in/out etc - there’ll come a time when a decision needs to be made. I’m a Paul Hurst fan, and whilst he’s manager here he’ll always have my support - I do genuinely think right man for the right club at this moment (last 2 years for sure) - but it’s not beyond the realms within the next 18 months a question is asked..be it by the owners or maybe Hurst himself. He’d  have been back 5 years..he wants to progress..we want to progress..

It may be that this year we get everyone fit , improve, and do better than last year - finish 10th or above - and we go again.

It may be that we survive..(no bad thing as such) drift to a mid table finish or so..

If when it comes to a position/situation that either PH feels can’t do any more with what he has, or the owners have a decision to make .. that time will come. I’d personally be surprised if that wasn’t within the next 18 months.

I guess the question for now is all about the set up/approach to games and how little we ‘threaten’..and that’s the frustration for some. The home form has improved, the away form declined..contrast to last season. If we can find a balance when everyone’s fit, and add a bit to our threat, then everyone’s happy. But there’s no sentiment in football is there? Or logic at times.. or sentiment.

Hence why I think the question will be asked within 18 months. My own hunch is that it’ll be PH making that call..but we’ll have to wait and see.

My bugbare, so to speak, is anyone questioning or not following the ‘we’re doing ok’ stance is deemed irrelevant or ridiculed. Be it on here or elsewhere. As anything - everyone has a view and there’s a degree of everyone not being right or wrong and having valid points to make. Which is how it should be/what a forum is about.  

I guess it goes back to the question of what is deemed as success and failure? And I reckon you’ll get lots of different answers to that.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 312
September 16, 2023, 11:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from male private Nale
Hurst could lose every game from now until Christmas and he still wouldn’t be gone.

This board are more interested in B Corp , left wing , guardian reader bullshit than building a winning squad.

Rod Jane and Freddie are clueless

I’ve dropped tins of alphabetti spaghetti that have made more sense than this.
Reply: 13 - 312
Mappers
September 17, 2023, 6:58am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
I am a Hurst fan and believe he is a safe pair of hands .

But I get people who are not overly enthused .

He is a manager (in the main) who over the course of a season will get a team to the position in the league which matches their budget .

Barring one miracle season at Shrewsbury and one disaster at Ipswich he has been a consistent operator in the lower leagues , but never gone right through a league .

The football is not always easy on the eye , but does gain sufficient points to know you will never be in a relegation battle.

Stockwood & Pettit are seemingly behind him for the long haul , and if not would have got rid either after the relegation to the NL or that terrible run  around Xmas time in the promotion season . I think he only goes if he walks or get's another job higher up .

I am behind Hurst and relatively happy as to where we are - low expectations ? Maybe .

Do I get why people are not overly enthused ? Yes , but if you are at least be consistent and not knee jerk after one game , and then when we do win actually win give him a bit of credit.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 312
Mappers
September 17, 2023, 7:21am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from marinerjase
Regardless of rights/wrongs in/out etc - there’ll come a time when a decision needs to be made. I’m a Paul Hurst fan, and whilst he’s manager here he’ll always have my support - I do genuinely think right man for the right club at this moment (last 2 years for sure) - but it’s not beyond the realms within the next 18 months a question is asked..be it by the owners or maybe Hurst himself. He’d  have been back 5 years..he wants to progress..we want to progress..

It may be that this year we get everyone fit , improve, and do better than last year - finish 10th or above - and we go again.

It may be that we survive..(no bad thing as such) drift to a mid table finish or so..

If when it comes to a position/situation that either PH feels can’t do any more with what he has, or the owners have a decision to make .. that time will come. I’d personally be surprised if that wasn’t within the next 18 months.

I guess the question for now is all about the set up/approach to games and how little we ‘threaten’..and that’s the frustration for some. The home form has improved, the away form declined..contrast to last season. If we can find a balance when everyone’s fit, and add a bit to our threat, then everyone’s happy. But there’s no sentiment in football is there? Or logic at times.. or sentiment.

Hence why I think the question will be asked within 18 months. My own hunch is that it’ll be PH making that call..but we’ll have to wait and see.

My bugbare, so to speak, is anyone questioning or not following the ‘we’re doing ok’ stance is deemed irrelevant or ridiculed. Be it on here or elsewhere. As anything - everyone has a view and there’s a degree of everyone not being right or wrong and having valid points to make. Which is how it should be/what a forum is about.  

I guess it goes back to the question of what is deemed as success and failure? And I reckon you’ll get lots of different answers to that.

Good post mate

Success for me would be top 10

For many that is not enough

I accept Hurst's limitations and that would be enough

Is that lacking ambition ? Maybe
Should we be striving for more? Maybe

Are some of us accepting of average on the pitch  after years of decline? Probably  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 312
aldi_01
September 17, 2023, 7:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from male private Nale
Hurst could lose every game from now until Christmas and he still wouldn’t be gone.

This board are more interested in B Corp , left wing , guardian reader bullshit than building a winning squad.

Rod Jane and Freddie are clueless

Morning John, still bitter I see…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 312
Brummie Codfather
September 17, 2023, 7:36am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 21
I don’t buy into the narrative that Hurst only has one way of playing and that’s pragmatic and boring.  To me we’re playing differently this season, more possession based, less playing the percentages.  To do this Hurst has bought in better footballers, which I think is glaring different to last year.
Part of our current issue (which is minor in my eyes), is that the two most creative player in the squad - in theory anyway - Glennon & Hunt are massively out of form & that we have 3 injuries up top with two more not fully fit.  The idea any team isn’t impacted by that doesn’t add up to me.
Maybe my expectations are lower than some fans, but I’d rather be pragmatic and be thrilled like in the promotion season, than expectant and permanently disappointed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 312
MuddyWaters
September 17, 2023, 7:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Brummie Codfather
I don’t buy into the narrative that Hurst only has one way of playing and that’s pragmatic and boring.  To me we’re playing differently this season, more possession based, less playing the percentages.  To do this Hurst has bought in better footballers, which I think is glaring different to last year.
Part of our current issue (which is minor in my eyes), is that the two most creative player in the squad - in theory anyway - Glennon & Hunt are massively out of form & that we have 3 injuries up top with two more not fully fit.  The idea any team isn’t impacted by that doesn’t add up to me.
Maybe my expectations are lower than some fans, but I’d rather be pragmatic and be thrilled like in the promotion season, than expectant and permanently disappointed.

I don’t get the bit about Hunt being massively out of form. He played well against Wimbledon (MoM for the sponsors), not so well at Notts who have a very good midfield and he’s not played any meaningful football since.

Most see him as a better attacking option than Holohan who sometimes can’t pass wind. Maybe he is a bit of a luxury player but he can’t be ‘massively out of form’ if he doesn’t play.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 312
Grimr
September 17, 2023, 8:09am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +13
Gold Stars: 1
Who replaces Hurst! In my mind, i dont see a better fit currently, for a team that i have seen punch above their weight in the old division one, to one that capitulated and pretty much died out under a long time of bad management and poor leadership. To the current incarnation, that has provided so many highs in a short space of time, an amazing finale to a season. QF of the FA Cup. Yet people are not entertained? I certainly have been.

Im sure if we could just go out and grab the attacking talent we need, we would have, its painfully obvious what were lacking, but we are wanting to play a way that hopefully will start to reap rewards once there is a full compliment of attacking options or at least provides enough for a would be 20goal striker to think, i want to be part of that, maybe we have it already in Rose, when we are fit and firing?

Given the level of teams we've faced, most have bigger budgets, are bigger draws for players, better locations etc.. and we've managed to hold are own for the most part, it seems short sighted to be calling for change after every slight bumb in the road.

Id take top 10 this year, even top 12, with the teams that are now in this league and class that as progress and im sure we will see us promoted within 3 years because we are improving year on year as a club, not just a playing squad, but an actual club you can be proud to call your own.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 312
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.