Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

This thread currently has 26,190 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Badger57
September 24, 2023, 7:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,922
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
I appreciate that we are all entitled to an opinion - but what a nonsense this titled thread is.
Our owners /management have a vision for the long term progress/ sustainability of our club whichI fully support.
For those who wish for instant success over PH - who do you suggest?

The Owners/management might well have "a vision". .. But that doesn't mean it is coming to or ever will come to fruition does it?
I would have thought that the majority of us are pragmatic enough to not expect instant success. What we do expect and want to see is some decent football and not this slow, negative, tinkering and depressingly familiar, turgid crap we've had to put up with for far too long.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 312
arryarryarry
September 24, 2023, 7:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
I appreciate that we are all entitled to an opinion - but what a nonsense this titled thread is.
Our owners /management have a vision for the long term progress/ sustainability of our club whichI fully support.

I'm not suggesting Paul Hurst should be sacked but the owners/management's first responsibility should be to keep this club in the EFL and if there is the slightest chance we may get relegated then they should seriously be looking at his position seeing as he has already taken us down previously as well as spending probably our biggest ever budget for sometime on a squad that currently is looking a bit dodgy.

It is the sole responsibility of PH to ensure that doesn't happen.
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 312
ancientmariner54
September 24, 2023, 7:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -173
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Badger57

The Owners/management might well have "a vision". .. But that doesn't mean it is coming to or ever will come to fruition does it?
I would have thought that the majority of us are pragmatic enough to not expect instant success. What we do expect and want to see is some decent football and not this slow, negative, tinkering and depressingly familiar, turgid crap we've had to put up with for far too long.

We're you saying this when we were two nill up ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 312
Epworth Mariner
September 24, 2023, 7:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +669
Gold Stars: 57
Give Hursty a break…..
He’s as drunk off as we are…..but needs support rather than criticism .
We don’t know half what’s going on ……
There’s no magic potion in division 4 as it was……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 312
Badger57
September 24, 2023, 7:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,922
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from ancientmariner54

We're you saying this when we were two nill up ?

No, for about 30 seconds I was saying, "Now let's not let them back into it!" 😂

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 312
lew chaterleys lover
September 24, 2023, 7:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237

This raises an interesting point about if a working partnership between the owners and manager needs to be built on "shared values" or whether a mutual respect of their different roles is enough?

For the level we are at I would imagine a lot of potential managers would understand the need for a club to be on a journey to be a central plank of the community, to be sustainable in the sense of recruiting well and selling at a profit to reinvest into the team. What's not to like?

Personally I don't think that man has to be Hurst necessarily,  both parties know he will leave one day.

How he leaves is more pertinent; we all hope it is because he is head hunted not sacked, but I for one am happy to leave the values of the club in the hands of the owners.

Stockwood and Pettit are incredibly supportive of Hurst but they will bend to footballs will in time - everything is defined by results and performances.
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 312
grimsby pete
September 24, 2023, 7:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222

I think Sheffield Utd manager might be available tomorrow.

At least we have never seen town lose 8  -  0. At home.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 312
arryarryarry
September 24, 2023, 7:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
Give Hursty a break…..
He’s as drunk off as we are…..but needs support rather than criticism .
We don’t know half what’s going on ……
There’s no magic potion in division 4 as it was……

So what do you suggest might be going on?
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 312
Quagmire
September 24, 2023, 7:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Ruston AT

Agree with the above statement but, thinking about every thing that is going on at GTFC let me put this point. Our coaching staff is basically  defensive personnel....think about it, who in the coaching staff has a forward looking idea? That's why we are difficult to beat, I love watching Doig comes off the bench snarling at the team but when Croudson does it I'm thinking 'what the ***k '. Maybe an attacking staff member is the way forward.
I've got my hard hat on ready for the abuse.

As my Dad would say, teams play in the image of their manager

Buckley teams were all about playing great football and creating chances for the strikers (how he wanted the game to be played when he was playing)

Kevin Keenan’s sides were all about scoring at least one more than the opposition.

We’ve got a left back and a centre back as our dynamic duo and all they were bothered about when playing the game was to keep a clean sheet - which is why we setup not to concede and keep our fingers crossed at the other end that someone scores

And if the is the best that he can serve up with average gates above 6,000 and a cup windfall then we’re in big trouble

I just hope Stockwood & Pettit wake up and smell the coffee

We’re going absolutely nowhere with Hurst in charge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 312
MuddyWaters
September 24, 2023, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

Exactly!

We created more chances yesterday than in any other game this season. Far more than Crawley did for sure.

The narrative on the fishy is results driven and most posters seem to lose their mind when we lose, totally overlooking anything positive.

Pyke has had yards of print, but not much mention of Eisa scoring his 5th goal in 8 appearances for instance.

We barely created a thing. Most of our chances came from Crawley errors. Our goals came from a fluke cross and a piece of individual brilliance. Zero shots in the second half - you’re very easily pleased.
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 312
32 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › To All Who Think Paul Hurst Should Go

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.