Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ukraine War
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Ukraine War

This thread currently has 21,948 views. Print
46 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
February 23, 2022, 3:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,056
Gold Stars: 358
I see that Liz Truss has suggested that English clubs should boycott the Champions League Final in St Petersburg, should they reach it.

Fine.

However, it’s a bit of an odd statement considering some of the Conservative Party’s most philanthropic donors are Russian, including Lubov Chernukhin - the wife of a former Putin minister. Should the Tories not consider returning these donations?

Do they actually think before they speak?

Mind you, considering Truss didn’t do her homework before meeting Sergey Lavrov last week, it shouldn’t have come as a surprise…

Tweet 1491771623497777159 will appear here...

Even I knew Rostov was Russian and had been for over 400 years. As Lavrov said, meeting with Truss was “like a mute talking to a deaf person”.

I seem to remember Marcus Rashford was told to keep out of politics when he started his campaign to end child food poverty and improve child literacy.

But all of a sudden footballers are expected to offer a stronger reaction to Russian aggression than our government has so far.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 80 - 453
GollyGTFC
February 23, 2022, 3:48pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

If I’d listened to the BBC and Sly News I would be triple vaccinated by now, just saying.

Breaking: “Shock” as Humbercod outs himself as Anti-Vax nutter!
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 81 - 453
Humbercod
February 23, 2022, 4:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,502
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Breaking: “Shock” as Humbercod outs himself as Anti-Vax nutter!

I was thinking 6th former but maybe another Karen from the public sector🤔

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 453
Humbercod
February 23, 2022, 4:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
At least Trump is on the money! only a few more years now and the free world will once again have a strong leader. No surprise what is happening in the world with a demented incoherent weak old president, because when the US is weak the world becomes a lot more unstable.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 453
chaos33
February 23, 2022, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Humbercod
At least Trump is on the money! only a few more years now and the free world will once again have a strong leader. No surprise what is happening in the world with a demented incoherent weak old president, because when the US is weak the world becomes a lot more unstable.

Oh my days! Trump is ‘on the money’?! What does that mean? That he’s somehow coherent, sane, articulate..?!
Can you give us some examples of things he’s done or said that lead you to believe he’s ‘on the money’…?

This is gonna be good….

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 453
KingstonMariner
February 23, 2022, 7:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Humbercod

To be honest I can’t recall anything recently that I’ve thought oh that’s bullshit on there, but logic tells me you know with it being state run that the news articles are going to be a tad biased.
Although saying that to be fair I did watch a report on another drug scandal during the Olympics were the channel was very critical of the Russian federation for sport.

Our national broadcaster is still looked upon as an institution you can trust, I watched the BBC coverage of the war on terror not once did we see any reports based on critical thinking, not at all it was all regurgitated government propaganda Saddam has WMD and that was that and I cheered as our brave troops went in. Fortunately these days we have the internet any many of us have moved on from our own propaganda.

What makes me Laugh is all you lefty liberals who love to berate our useless government, they tell me how they can’t be trusted, bunch of charlatans only interested in themselves and their rich mates and yet you all seem to back every major decision Covid, Green Agenda, and now Russia they must be doing something right then. Looks like RT news will be getting banned next anyway good old censorship but I’m sure you will back the government on this.

Another example of whataboutism. Evading the subject. What’s clear is you’re prepared to criticise one state broadcaster, but not another.

And it’s perfectly consistent to criticise that fat cûnt and his cronies, while criticising the waxy-faced one in the Kremlin. Difficult for a conspiracy nut like you to understand I know. But perfectly logical to the sane.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 453
GollyGTFC
February 24, 2022, 4:23am

Whiskey Drinker
So today we wake up to a full scale Russian invasion of Ukraine. The west need to make Russia a pariah state and inflict Iran or North Korea style sanctions on them and those who trade with them.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 86 - 453
DB
February 24, 2022, 4:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from GollyGTFC
So today we wake up to a full scale Russian invasion of Ukraine. The west need to make Russia a pariah state and inflict Iran or North Korea style sanctions on them and those who trade with them.

I agree with you, but all we've seen are politicians being good on rhetoric and poor on decisions. The Russians took Crimea and the world watched and now we have a repeat situation.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 453
Humbercod
February 24, 2022, 6:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Agree but the west will suffer when he turns the pipes off.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 453
Humbercod
February 24, 2022, 6:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from DB

I agree with you, but all we've seen are politicians being good on rhetoric and poor on decisions. The Russians took Crimea and the world watched and now we have a repeat situation.

Crimea being pro Russian was a lot different DB. But ye the world will just watch again unless we want WW3.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 453
46 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ukraine War

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.