Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ukraine War
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 20 Guests

Ukraine War

This thread currently has 21,933 views. Print
46 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
February 23, 2022, 8:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,501
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from cardiffmariner

Humbercod, I’ll ask you this, are you happy to stand aside whilst innocent people are killed? It would appear you are because the innocent people involved happen to live outside the lines on a map you see as being important.

Rhetorical question Cardiff, are you happy with the Ukraine Army opening up artillery fire on innocent people in the Donetsk & Luhansk  region? People dehumanised in the West as Russian separatists that have spent many years in fear going to bed at night in makeshift bunkers!

But to answer you’re question then I’m no more happy about a possible invasion in the future killing innocent people, then I am today as the Rohingya and Uyghur people are getting slaughtered, but then the West is not really interested in a bit if genocide with no economic interest at play is it?

Quoted Text
You criticise others for spouting sixth form nonsense but your anti western, pseudo intellectual, criticism is no better. Standing so vehemently in support of an anti democratic leader puts you in a weak place imho. To make some loose comparison between the elected ‘cretins’ here (thank your fellow voters for this) and Putin is just mind-boggling.

I find it quite offensive to call me anti western, opposing war does not put me on the side of Putin. How many times now have we seen these kind of crisis play out, an underdog faces a threat from an authoritarian regime, so the Mighty US with their UK lapdog must come to the rescue with a military response and I’m sure you will know that not many if any end very well.

Try looking at it from a Russian perspective like I’ve already mentioned they have seen prior to the conflict, and continue to see billions of dollars worth of military equipment being shipped into neighbouring countries whom they have historical conflict with all in the name of defence, well its no surprise then when they see and call this out as escalation.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 453
cardiffmariner
February 23, 2022, 8:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
I entirely agree with you that there are many unpalatable inconsistencies with the conflicts the West choose to involve themselves in. But let’s stay focused on the here and now.

If we accept your Russian centric view of NATO expansion, I find it surprising that you see this as reasonable justification for one country to invade another and put lives of innocent civilians at risk. Diplomacy instead?

Don’t be offended. Perhaps a deliberately provocative jibe but read through your posts so far and there is certainly more than a tinge of ‘the big bad West’. Personally, for all its faults, I’d take the liberal democracy of the West over the controlling authoritarianism of parts of the East. But that’s another thread!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 453
Humbercod
February 23, 2022, 9:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from cardiffmariner
I entirely agree with you that there are many unpalatable inconsistencies with the conflicts the West choose to involve themselves in. But let’s stay focused on the here and now.

If we accept your Russian centric view of NATO expansion, I find it surprising that you see this as reasonable justification for one country to invade another and put lives of innocent civilians at risk. Diplomacy instead?

Don’t be offended. Perhaps a deliberately provocative jibe but read through your posts so far and there is certainly more than a tinge of ‘the big bad West’. Personally, for all its faults, I’d take the liberal democracy of the West over the controlling authoritarianism of parts of the East. But that’s another thread!

No problem whatsoever there is no law to say that I cannot be offended besides I believe that was not your intention.

To be fair Cardiff I had never said that Russia have any legitimate justification for an invasion. Let’s remember at this present time they have only sent in peacekeeping troops into a rebel held area. I’d just show a bit of caution before comparing the hypocritical sanctimonious liberal democratic west who also sent in troops to rebel held parts of Libya.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 453
GollyGTFC
February 23, 2022, 10:27am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Humbercod

No problem whatsoever there is no law to say that I cannot be offended besides I believe that was not your intention.

To be fair Cardiff I had never said that Russia have any legitimate justification for an invasion. Let’s remember at this present time they have only sent in peacekeeping troops into a rebel held area. I’d just show a bit of caution before comparing the hypocritical sanctimonious liberal democratic west who also sent in troops to rebel held parts of Libya.

Here you go again. You call BBC & Sky News liars and you believe the words of Vladimir Putin. It’s mind boggling. We’re talking about a man who ordered the murder of a British citizen on British soil (Alexander Litvinenko) and ordered the Novochok attack on Salisbury.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 73 - 453
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 23, 2022, 10:50am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
I see that Liz Truss has suggested that English clubs should boycott the Champions League Final in St Petersburg, should they reach it.

Fine.

However, it’s a bit of an odd statement considering some of the Conservative Party’s most philanthropic donors are Russian, including Lubov Chernukhin - the wife of a former Putin minister. Should the Tories not consider returning these donations?

Do they actually think before they speak?

Mind you, considering Truss didn’t do her homework before meeting Sergey Lavrov last week, it shouldn’t have come as a surprise…

Tweet 1491771623497777159 will appear here...

Even I knew Rostov was Russian and had been for over 400 years. As Lavrov said, meeting with Truss was “like a mute talking to a deaf person”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 453
LH
February 23, 2022, 11:39am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,597
Gold Stars: 175
The foodbank Thatcher.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 453
KingstonMariner
February 23, 2022, 12:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Funny that. I’ve heard that argument before from an anti-vax, Putinist before. All part of the stick response.

Given that you accept RT is propaganda, care to point out some lies it has told?

You still haven’t answered this Humbo.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 453
KingstonMariner
February 23, 2022, 12:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Putin’s speech, repeating his previous essay points, is particularly chilling. He’s clearly setting out his ‘justification’ for seizing the whole of Ukraine.

First the Sudetenland then the rest of Czechoslovakia. Who’s next? The Baltic states? Finland? None of those countries had a history as independent states before separating off from the Russian Empire/Soviet Union (except Lithuania).

Once he’s gobbled those up, he won’t be satisfied. Sooner or later he’ll be stepping on our vital interests. We’ve seen it all before.

The guy has to be stopped.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 453
Humbercod
February 23, 2022, 2:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Here you go again. You call BBC & Sky News liars and you believe the words of Vladimir Putin. It’s mind boggling. We’re talking about a man who ordered the murder of a British citizen on British soil (Alexander Litvinenko) and ordered the Novochok attack on Salisbury.

If I’d listened to the BBC and Sly News I would be triple vaccinated by now, just saying.

If Putin did in fact order the assassination of scumbag double agents (you don’t know) then I applaud him, anybody that spy’s and sells secrets to a potential enemy deserves to be made an example off.
Where I do get enraged is the lack of government action! We had a foreign attack on home soil harming innocent members of the public and nobody has been held to account, absolutely embarrassing for our Country, Mi5 would of known about this within the first hour of the attack the Country should of been locked down airports the lot until the perpetrators were caught.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 453
Humbercod
February 23, 2022, 2:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You still haven’t answered this Humbo.

To be honest I can’t recall anything recently that I’ve thought oh that’s bullshit on there, but logic tells me you know with it being state run that the news articles are going to be a tad biased.
Although saying that to be fair I did watch a report on another drug scandal during the Olympics were the channel was very critical of the Russian federation for sport.

Our national broadcaster is still looked upon as an institution you can trust, I watched the BBC coverage of the war on terror not once did we see any reports based on critical thinking, not at all it was all regurgitated government propaganda Saddam has WMD and that was that and I cheered as our brave troops went in. Fortunately these days we have the internet any many of us have moved on from our own propaganda.

What makes me Laugh is all you lefty liberals who love to berate our useless government, they tell me how they can’t be trusted, bunch of charlatans only interested in themselves and their rich mates and yet you all seem to back every major decision Covid, Green Agenda, and now Russia they must be doing something right then. Looks like RT news will be getting banned next anyway good old censorship but I’m sure you will back the government on this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 453
46 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Ukraine War

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.